No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't they lose something like 8 in a row last year?

Comment

• It's not the winning or losing necessarily. It's how they're playing. When I watch them I don't see a Cup team. Last year I saw it and I said so. This year I don't see it. I've been hopeful it would change but it hasn't. I still hold out hope they can pull it together come playoff time but I'm not counting on it. Last year I was confident in their play. This year I'm not. HOPE I'm wrong.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• I dont recall it quite like that. Our goaltending wasnt all that last year. We were playing with our hopes and dreams on Dom's shoulders. We were never set in net until Babs made the switch halfway through the Nashville series. Then Ozzie didnt let a puck by and Franzen turned into Gordie Howe.

IMO our team is much better then last year with the addition of Hossa. The one thing that our team misses beyond belief is Drake. We dont have a player like him and that scares me.

This team doesnt need Brodeur in net.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• They may not need Brodeur but he would help.

I think the 8-game losing streak was when both Lidstrom and Rafalski were dealing with injuries.

Comment

• jaadam, Ozggod went through a stretch at the begining of the year(calendar) where he wasn't playing up to snuff. Prior to that he was kights out. Come February, or there abouts he rolled back into form and the Wings looked great the last month or two of the season. I've waited for that this year. It hasn't happened and doesn't appear as though it's going too.

As I said, I was highly confident the Wings were going to win the Cup last year. Not this. HOPE I'm wrong.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• I can tell you definitively that I can never tell by regular season if they are going to win a Cup or get bounced early. The difference in regular seasons for the Wings is very minute.

For me, the best indication prior to the playoffs beginning is looking at the injury list. When the Wings are healthy they've done very well in the playoffs. If they lose a few of their mainstays to injury, count on a rough road.

Comment

• I'm just saying how I feel. Last year I felt very confident in the way they were playing and I said so. This year I don't. I Hope I'm wrong. I hope you guys are right and I'm seeing shit that isn't there. I hope I get laid--------------wait that's not relevent here. I was on an "I hope" thing OK.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• lol
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I agree with DanO. Wings just aren't playing at same level as last year. However, I don't see anay other teams that are playing at that level either. The key will be getting out of the first round.

Comment

• The nice thing is that I have a TV in my office, so once march madness is over, I have hockey playoffs to look forward to. Booyah!
                      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Its funny we're not playing at the elite level but we're leading the league in points. We've turned into snobs.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Playoffs are much different than regular season. If our defense and goaltending don't pick up, we are toast.

Comment

• I think the Stanley Cup run last year has convinced people that there weren't some bumps and bruises in the regular season. In February 2008 they had a stretch where they lost 9 of 10 games, that wasn't elite level play, it was actually terrible. Yes they had injuries to their defenseman last year. But they have been hit by the injury bug this year as well.

Comment

• Last Feb they had injuries to 5 of their 6 top Defensemen. Last year we were a top team in power play killing. This year we have sucked, but it looks as if we are improving. I give us a 25% chance at the Cup this year. Last year going into the playoffs I was figuring 50%.

Comment

• And they have had injuries all year to their defenseman.

Comment

Working...
                                X