X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -Deborah-
    started a topic Off Topic: Red Wings

Red Wings

I'm sorry but a server issue has caused the other Red Wings thread to disappear. :(

Here's a new one.

• jaadam4
    replied
    Originally posted by FVD View Post
    Sounds like an ideal 3rd/4th line forward. Read that they gave him a 1 yr 1.05M contract
    I like hearing that he was considered to be a 1st round talent. Sounds like lots of upside. He has decent size to him and playing with that edge will be perfect on those hustle lines.

Leave a comment:

• FVD
    replied
    Sounds like an ideal 3rd/4th line forward. Read that they gave him a 1 yr 1.05M contract

Leave a comment:

• jaadam4
    replied
    Stevie Y's trade. Not a blockbuster but a decent move

Detroit — General manager Steve Yzerman went to his former employer to make his first trade with the Red Wings.

The Wings acquired forward Adam Erne from the Tampa Bay Lightning on Wednesday for a 2020 fourth-round pick, adding to the Wings' depth up front.

Erne, 24, had 20 points (seven goals, 13 assists) and 159 hits in 65 games in Tampa last season, while playing just over 10 minutes per game on the talent-rich, deep Lightning roster.

Erne, a native of Connecticut who played in the Quebec junior league, is a 6-foot-1, 214-pound left wing. He is an unsigned restricted free agent who made $800,000 last season, and was phased out this summer because of the Lightning's salary cap crunch.

A former second-round pick of Tampa in 2013, Erne was considered by many scouts a first-round talent who somehow fell to the Lightning in the second round.

Erne’s offense has yet to develop at the NHL level, but he was a prolific offensive player in the Quebec junior league, and can play an agitating brand of hockey when needed.

Leave a comment:

• WingsFan
    replied
    Part 3

Leave a comment:

• jaadam4
    replied
    I met Kocer as well in early 2000’s at a bar in Denver Colorado. He jumped behind the bar and started playing bartender and handing out free drinks. It was a Detroit bar so the owners let it go.

He was really cool to all the fans.

Leave a comment:

• WingsFan
    replied
    I met Joe Kocur at a bar once he was very friendly considering had had a half dozen 'Puck Buddys' around him begging to suck his dick (giving me dirty looks, for butting in) . I was stupid enough to ask him how his hand was doing, but he took it well. He was there with Harold Snepsts who is the coolest down to earth guy ever, he had an empty seat at the bar next to him and we had a few beers together.

Probert was in rehab once at Maple Grove in West Bloomfield with my xwife ( I not even sure if she was 20 years old at the time).

Leave a comment:

• WingsFan
    replied
    I seen the Russian 5 - must watch for Red Wings fans, Holland (had a few takes) but it shows, he really had nothing to do with getting them here.

Leave a comment:

• jaadam4
    replied
    I can’t wait to watch that tomorrow. I’ve been holding off on that and The Russian 5 docs. Can’t wait!

Leave a comment:

• WingsFan
    replied
    Part 2

Leave a comment:

• WingsFan
    replied
    Part 1

Leave a comment:

• Tom
    replied
    Interesting.