Majors
    Triple-A
    Double-A
    Single-A
    Single-A Advanced
    Rookie League
    Winter League
    ,,,and then there is Al Kaline.
    "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• A friend of mine owns a team, not sure which league (Rozema pitched for him one year) in Grand Rapids

Comment

• Lugnuts?
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I know Lansing has the Lugnuts.

Comment

• Ya, you're right I forgot what the Grand Rapids team name is.

Comment

• Whitecaps
              The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• You going to the race this weekend, Deke?
                "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• no, I go in two weeks, next weekend is all soccer.... I need a vacation from my vacations.......
                  The only logical explanation is:
                  I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• hi guys, my sister and cousin (and hopefully me.. but i have I talk to Nak )are planning a trip to Australia, does anybody(OZ maybe) know what time of the year is the best time to go, and where is the best places to visit?
                    Last edited by suz; June 13, 2009, 03:10 PM. Reason: edit

Comment

• My 2 year old daughter had a dance recital today. She actually went on stage without crying!

All through practices in the studio and the rehearsal on wednesday, she cried and screamed.

Today we showed up to the dressing room and some of the other 2 year olds had coloring books and crayons out. Set her down with that and she was ok. Time came for her to go on stage, I told her to grab one of her friends hands and follow Mr. Tim. (Their teacher) I quickly ducked around the corner and out of her site, but still kept my eye on her. (If she saw me, she'd latch on and not let go)

After she went backstage I made a run for the auditorium to watch her...she wasn't crying, kicking, or screaming. She didn't do anything else either, but with this kid...this is a huge step for her. I'm very proud of my babygirl.
                      "Low on the totem, till he showed 'em defiance, giant scrotum"

Comment

• I know people that have stage fright in their 20's and 30's. I would not be concerned about a 2 year old.

......anyway, she just learned how to walk and she is already in a dance recital? Dad, what are you doing to this kid?

Comment

• Originally posted by suz View Post
                          hi guys, my sister and cousin (and hopefully me.. but i have I talk to Nak )are planning a trip to Australia, does anybody(OZ maybe) know what time of the year is the best time to go, and where is the best places to visit?
                          Smoking deals to Melbourne (where the yellow brick road ends at OZ) right now.

Wish we had Visas in place so we could go there this year.

Not sure about high or low travel season or "the" seasons.
                          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                            I know people that have stage fright in their 20's and 30's. I would not be concerned about a 2 year old.

......anyway, she just learned how to walk and she is already in a dance recital? Dad, what are you doing to this kid?

we put her in dance classes because it seemed like something fun for her to do, we found out after signing her up that she was going to be part of the big recital. (acts from all age groups up to high school) but we figured why not...she's already spinning in circles until she's dizzy and jumping on the couches.

her issue isnt really stage fright, it's the 'new people' factor. kid is extremely shy to the point where if she hasn't seem aunts and uncles in a while she is afraid to go near them. so today was definitely a step in the right direction.
                            "Low on the totem, till he showed 'em defiance, giant scrotum"

Comment

• Originally posted by kayrone View Post
                              wow Schotty, that is awesome! Drew, can't believe you are old enough to be a grandpa - how sweet.
                              I looked at my dad and asked, "Can you believe I'm a grandpa?" He quickly said "No"

Originally posted by Kansas View Post
                              My younger son (a.k.a. Terry Fair Fan) just finished his frosh year in college. The school is NCAA DII and he got a scholarship offer to play baseball there. I tried to talk him out of it and go to a smaller school because I didn't think he'd play at all until maybe his junior year since they finished 8th in the country the year before. They're good. Well, he started every game for them as a freshman. That made my entire spring and proved that dad doesn't always know best.

They won their conference and went to the regional tourney. Ended up ranked 27th in the country.
                              Wow, that's some fatherly dreams coming true right there.

Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post
                              Just bought my 4 year old one of these nerf projectile shooting things (I may have bought one for myself as well), so we've been running all over the house shooting each other wild west style.

Most fun I've had in some time. Summer vacation rules!!!
                              Kids love it when grown ups play with them. I loved being the all time QB for my kids and their friends.

Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                              Congrats to Kansas, Mark, kayrone and YT...

Domino's has corporate inspections of all the stores, both franchisees and corporate owned twice a year, they're called OERs (Operations Evaluations Report). They check everything from product to how the oven is cooking to the cleanliness/maintenance of the store and the service times. We just had our first one for 2009 last Friday, and for the second time in a row, my store scored 5 out of 5 stars.

I'm very proud of my team and am rewarding them with a cookout on the 4th of July at my house. Its the perfect venue for a 4th of July party, being that I live on a hill across the street from where the city's fireworks display are shot off at.
                              Way to go, Frank.

Originally posted by GONZ View Post
                              Proud truth is my kid is the only one out of the class to wish for something that was for the betterment of the masses.

All the other kids wished for more toys or trips or games. Stuff.

The only other kid I got a kick out of wished he could fly so he could see the world. That kids going places.
                              Nice that she was looking out for her fellow humans.
                              ------------
                              <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Originally posted by suz View Post
                                hi guys, my sister and cousin (and hopefully me.. but i have I talk to Nak )are planning a trip to Australia, does anybody(OZ maybe) know what time of the year is the best time to go, and where is the best places to visit?

Suz,

I am jealous. Always wanted to go to Australia, made it to New Zealand while in the Navy. Keep checking, I know OZ checks in quite a bit, I an sure he will give you the scoop.
                                "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

Working...
                                X