X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by King Cole View Post
    L.L.T.O.C (little league tournament of champions) update:
    they won 2nd round 7-3 tonight is the 'ship
    Last night team was very good team they hit the ball ALOT our kids just played great D. The score was 2-0 until the 5th inning.

My son went 1-2 at the plate with a walk. His one hit was a hard ground ball between the pitcher and the 2nd baseman. 2 of his teams best 4 hitters went 0-?

He made 5 put outs and 2 throws to 1st base, 1 throws to 2nd, 1 tag during a rundown and caught one line drive (he plays 3rd by the way)

Was talking to the league President during the game and she told his Mom and I to expect a call sunday about "All-Star" practice on monday. The Allstar's from each city is where they get the teams for the Little League World series you see on ESPN. Doubtful they will get that far but you never know.
    this is from our local paper (on-line)

The Daily News

MOHAVE VALLEY - The Bullhead City White Sox utilized strong pitching, solid defense and patient hitting to advance past the Lake Havasu South Yankees 7-3 during the semifinals of the Majors (10-12 years of age) Tournament of Champions at River Valley High School on Wednesday night.
    White Sox head coach Mark Rickets said Kyle Garney pitched 5 2-3 innings to notch the win, and Zach Brey recorded the last out for the save, which helped Bullhead City earn a spot in the finals against the Kingman South Cubs at 7:30 p.m. today at River Valley High School.

Dawson Rickets walked and came around to score via passed balls and/or wild pitches to put the White Sox ahead 1-0 in the top of the first inning, Mark Rickets said. Garney singled, stole second and scored on a miscue to put Bullhead City ahead 2-0 in the third.

The BHC squad scored four runs in the fifth after several walks, passed balls and wild pitches, but Scott Braun's RBI single was the big blow, the White Sox head coach said. Alex McMahon walked and Gurney tripled him home to give the White Sox a 7-1 edge in the top of the seventh.

Mark Rickets said the Yankees scored two runs in the bottom of the seventh before Brey put out the fire.

He added that the Yankees' pitcher threw hard, and the White Sox's hitters had trouble catching up to him.

Teams need good pitching, defense and hitting, he said. Bullhead City's pitching and defense carried it until the White Sox's hitters' patience paid off in the end. :-):-):-):-):-)

Last edited by King Cole; June 13, 2008, 12:36 AM.
    I'm not to blame.

I voted for the other guy!

Nov. 2008

Comment

• I had to go to New London CT (CG Academy) for a two week school before taking over my Cutter. My wife asnd kids have already moved to Cape May and I have been staying at the CG Station at Dauphn Island until the Change of Command there in the middle of July. My school starts Monday so I took a couple of extra days and flew up early, rented a car and drove down to Cape May yesterday. It is great to see the family again and THAT made my day yesterday.

Today...I logged on to the internet. Holy shit! The cable modem is soooo much better than DSL. I didn't realize how much faster cable is than DSL. THAT makes my day today.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Speed rules.

The flyer I got from Verizon says 768 kbps max for DSL here. My cable connection is 10 mbps...over 10 times faster. That's why I'm always curious what folks are doing when they kick the cable habit.
        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• BTW, how's the new house? Is that shower as nice as it looked in the photos?
          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
            There's nothing wrong with Credit Cards. You just have to use them properly. I've accumulated $2000.00 worth of credit for merchandise on my Cabela's Visa and I've never paid a cent of interest. It's also a way of building credit for younger people. This goes right along with guns. It's not the gun it's the idoits using them.
            I know this was said a few days ago, DanO, but I agree with your analogy: a credit card is like a loaded gun. That is, you'd better know what you're doing when you're handling either one, or you could be in for an unpleasant surprise with devastating consequences.

Okay, maybe that's not exactly what you meant, but I think it's pretty close....
            "To alcohol! The cause of—and solution to—all of life's problems." —Homer Simpson, 1997

Comment

• It's nice, Deb. I got the DTV hooked up today and the router working. I am still waiting for my new TV to show as well as about a quarter of my household goods. There is a lot of work left to do to unpack and get things set up, but it's getting there.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• So, the other day, I went to one of the fancy art museums in San Francisco (the Legion of Honor) with my friend Lisa. As we were leaving, I remembered the Detroit Institute of Art's long-running commercial, which featured employees of the DIA dancing around the museum while they mouthed to words to a catchy little ditty called "You Gotta Have Art," sung to the tune of "You Gotta Have Heart." But it was kind of hard to describe to somebody who's never seen it, say, two thousand times while growing up in Michigan in the 1970s.

But thanks to this web page, I don't have to.

And how about seeing that old Highland Appliance ad with the kid practicing piano?!? Classic!

Yes, this absolutely made my day.
                "To alcohol! The cause of—and solution to—all of life's problems." —Homer Simpson, 1997

Comment

• Wow. Cool website!!
                  #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by Larsky View Post
                    So, the other day, I went to one of the fancy art museums in San Francisco (the Legion of Honor) with my friend Lisa. As we were leaving, I remembered the Detroit Institute of Art's long-running commercial, which featured employees of the DIA dancing around the museum while they mouthed to words to a catchy little ditty called "You Gotta Have Art," sung to the tune of "You Gotta Have Heart." But it was kind of hard to describe to somebody who's never seen it, say, two thousand times while growing up in Michigan in the 1970s.

But thanks to this web page, I don't have to.

And how about seeing that old Highland Appliance ad with the kid practicing piano?!? Classic!

Yes, this absolutely made my day.
                    Had to click on the link to see Ads from my youth also. The question becomes; In the upper left there was a link to donate. Did you show your appreciation with a small donation to help his cause or did you feel his efforts did not deserve any response?

Just a curious question because of the banter on how one spends their money (read: CC debt is for dummies).
                    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• not only did I score the camera, but I also used some of my windfall to get 2 tickets to the NASCAR race and pit passes........

going to be one hell of a fathers day
                      The only logical explanation is:
                      I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                        Did you show your appreciation with a small donation to help his cause or did you feel his efforts did not deserve any response?
                        Wow. Who says false dichotomy is dead?

Comment

• kayrone grrrrrrl, the kids are adorable.

CGVT, I was born in New London, CT. I don't recall being back after I left the hospital. Probably passed through at some point.

Deke, very cool. Please share any interesting stories when you get back and say hello to junior for me.
                          "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                            Speed rules.

The flyer I got from Verizon says 768 kbps max for DSL here. My cable connection is 10 mbps...over 10 times faster. That's why I'm always curious what folks are doing when they kick the cable habit.
                            I'm on 1m DSL and used to have cable it's a tad slower but still plenty fast

Do i really care if a page in loads .1 second or .25 seconds.

I don't download very ofton.
                            Last edited by King Cole; June 14, 2008, 12:00 PM.
                            I'm not to blame.

I voted for the other guy!

Nov. 2008

Comment

• my former employer had a rewards program attached to your visa debit card, so you earned a point for every dollar that you spend that could be redeemed for merchandise. Now that I'm not working there anymore, I want to close my account, but I wanted to make sure I didn't lose the rewards points I have accumulated, so Tuesday night I started browsing thru the website to see what I could get (the rewards change periodically). Apparently I picked the perfect time to shop, because they just started offering the Wii and not only did I have enough points for it, they showed that it was in stock. I've been thinking about buying one since before Christmas and can't find the damn thing anywhere. Anyway, as soon as I placed my order I got a confirmation stating that I should have it within 4 to 6 weeks, so I was a little nervous that they would end up telling me it was out of stock or something. WELL, about 4:00 yesterday afternoon the doorbell rang, and it was the Wii! How's that for service?! My little man is in for one helluva surprise this afternoon. I can't wait to see his reaction.
                              Last edited by kayrone; June 14, 2008, 11:56 AM.
                              "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                                Speed rules.
                                I kicked the cable habit over 10 years ago. During this period, there were times when cable offered more for less, but not today IMO. At least not in my area.

Qwest recently upgraded the DSL lines in my area. So now I get 7mbps DSL here. Cable has faster options, but my DSL/DirectTV/Phone/Long Distance bundle through Qwest is cheaper than anything similar I could get through the cable company.

And need I mention - Sunday Ticket?

As an aside, the latest DVRs from DirectTV really rock and they keep adding more functionality via software downloads. For example, with a recent software dowload my DVR became a media player. So now I can use the DVR to browse the pictures/movies/music on my home computers and stream them to the DVR for playback on the HT system. Cool stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X