No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heh - that reminds me of when Jen and I were at Manly Beach in Sydney, Australia. There was a chocolate shop with a gimmick going on on the sidewalk out front. A naked woman was sitting in a bathtub full of liquid chocolate, handing out strawberries she dipped in the chocolate. I couldn't eat one - it creeped me out. As I recall, she was dipping the berries in a bowl of chocolate, but I still couldn't get over the idea that that bowl of chocolate may have come from the tub she's sitting in.
    The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• You're just saying that because Jen might read it. :p

This week I started doing contract work at a really low rate. No chance of ever being hired in, no benefits, etc. Wasn't exactly jumping for joy over this. Tuesday I had a phone interview and today I had a face-to-face interview for a job that pays almost what I was getting before.

During the interview the hiring manager asked me what the definition of success was and after I answered he paused for an uncomfortable amount of time. Then he said
      , "That's the best answer I've ever heard." :D

Great company, people seem very nice and the environment is exactly what I'm looking for in a workplace. I have a streak of getting jobs once I get an interview so I'm expecting when they make their pick next week I'll get an offer.

Comment

• That's really excellent news, Tim!!! I'll think positive thoughts for you.

Are you staying in state?
        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Congrats Timmah!

Comment

• Thanks Deborah and Stan.

Yeah I'm working in Ann Arbor on contract and the interview was in Grand Rapids...funny how things come full circle.

Comment

• Congrats Timmy
              "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• Thanks John!

Comment

• Good to hear, Timmy. Congrats!
                  I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Thank you my friend.

Comment

• You'll have to catch up with GV and I at Founders once in a while Timmy - are you planning on moving to GR?
                      The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• Good news Timmy.

Since you're coming to A2 regularily we should get together. Maybe Malto can join us as well.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
                        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Congrats, Timmy!
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Good luck Timmah!
                            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy View Post
                              You're just saying that because Jen might read it. :p

This week I started doing contract work at a really low rate. No chance of ever being hired in, no benefits, etc. Wasn't exactly jumping for joy over this. Tuesday I had a phone interview and today I had a face-to-face interview for a job that pays almost what I was getting before.

During the interview the hiring manager asked me what the definition of success was and after I answered he paused for an uncomfortable amount of time. Then he said
                              , "That's the best answer I've ever heard." :D

Great company, people seem very nice and the environment is exactly what I'm looking for in a workplace. I have a streak of getting jobs once I get an interview so I'm expecting when they make their pick next week I'll get an offer.

Congrats to you.

Any chance you're going to share the definition of success reply with the masses?
                              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• I was wondering the EXACT same thing, G. And I find myself pondering my own answer.

Congrats Timmah!
                                "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

Working...
                                X