• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

•  
    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• ^^ ^^ ..... and very true
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Been awhile!! How is school going for her?
          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
            Been awhile!! How is school going for her?
            She's doing great, Deb. She loves it and loves the city.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Some of you may remember this rare forum poster that played Div I college ball and some CFL. He might even still be playing in the forum FF league under a name I do not know but for some reason in watching college football right now, I thought of him and where he is today. Now I know and kudos to him on his continued successes.

TYLER EBELL

Excerpt from 04/18 (the internet is a scary thing):

"It taught me so many lessons that have been important to me in life," says Tyler Ebell. "Things like teamwork, perseverance and discipline. It teaches you that hard work and preparation can be the difference between success and failure.

"More important to me, I learned that you can't make the same mistakes twice. If I do that in my job, I could be sued. Or worse than that, someone could lose their life."

One of the most prolific running backs in the annals of the county, California and, indeed, the nation, is now a deputy with the Ventura County Sheriff's Department. Ebell, who starred at Ventura High from 1998 to 2000 and later at UCLA, is also officially a (Ventura County, CA) Hall of Fame athlete.
                Last edited by Panoptes; October 14, 2018, 10:44 AM.

Comment

• Wow, that's great!! I had forgotten about him, glad he's doing well.
                  #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Nice shot. A man after my own heart... Massachusetts man arrested for allegedly hitting Red Sox manager with can of beer during victory parade

Reminds me of my not so public but difficult made shot witnessed by many.

My wife and I were at a Canucks vs Ducks home playoff game sitting in our very last row, up against wall seats behind the Ducks net late in the 3rd period of an eventual Ducks win, when a Canucks fan to our right and down at the rail ready to leave turned around and started giving Duck fans the business by his verbal and physical taunting and soon thereafter shit started getting thrown at him and the fans got loud with their home team defense.

Even though I was very inebriated and a good 40'ish (I was foggy then) steep angle feet from him, I quickly tied a Ducks rally towel into a knotted ball, yelled to everybody near me to watch this and threw a strike, with velocity, hitting that Canuck fan right in the kisser causing him to immediately stop his antics and to scramble into the tunnel to leave and never to be seen again.

I got high fives from everyone that witnessed the called long shot. Made the home playoff win all the sweeter and gave me this story to tell forever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                      I got high fives from everyone that witnessed the called long shot. Made the home playoff win all the sweeter and gave me this story to tell forever.
                      Gonz Ruth

"Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• That made me LOL

Comment

• LOL!
                          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• This isn't non football related but I think it's the best place for it. My Alma mater Escanaba is i the regionals again. Last year they made it to the semi finals. BTW Deb the team they beat in the first round was Ludington.
                            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Good luck DanO! Go get 'em Eskymos.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                                This isn't non football related but I think it's the best place for it. My Alma mater Escanaba is i the regionals again. Last year they made it to the semi finals. BTW Deb the team they beat in the first round was Ludington.
                                Oh I didn't know Ludington had done that well!! Good luck to Escanaba!!
                                #birdsarentreal

Comment

Working...
                                X