Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Mark retired jaad.
      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Oh I'm aware DanO but I'm quite certain Ferndale Mark has PTSD because of this day. You can take the player out of the game but you can't take the game out of the player. He's stressing today, believe me.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
          Mark retired jaad.
          Whaaaaaaat?
          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post

Whaaaaaaat?
            Yep, I had to go to proflowers this year.
            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• I didn't know this!! Congratulations, Mark!! Jesse and I were just talking about your wonderful gift for our wedding yesterday!! We will always be grateful to you.
              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Deb I hope my gift of friendship and daily banter is held in the same regard. Thank you for your kind words.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Oh, wow! I am late to this party.

First off. Congrats Stee! Would love to get together sometime this summer if you are going to be around.

2nd. LOL Jaadam. While I did sell my building and am no longer doing the regular routine, I did help out a friend on VD and did not miss the prep work necessary to pull the day off.

Deb, you are more than welcome as I was honored to be a part of your big day.

.....I do still dabble but, the key is being able to get ahold of me as I have enjoyed not being tied down to a design bench. If anyone needs my cell # PM me as that is the best way to get ahold of me if you desire.

I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Hey MM. Congratulations on the semi retirement.

Question, you didn't sell the business just the building?
                    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Ha. You are my favorite pain in the ass here, jaadam
                        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                          Oh, wow! I am late to this party.

First off. Congrats Stee! Would love to get together sometime this summer if you are going to be around.

2nd. LOL Jaadam. While I did sell my building and am no longer doing the regular routine, I did help out a friend on VD and did not miss the prep work necessary to pull the day off.

Deb, you are more than welcome as I was honored to be a part of your big day.

.....I do still dabble but, the key is being able to get ahold of me as I have enjoyed not being tied down to a design bench. If anyone needs my cell # PM me as that is the best way to get ahold of me if you desire.
                          Thanks, Mark!! Did one of the adjoining businesses buy your building? Or is there something new going in there? I am glad you can enjoy the busy flower days now!!
                          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Just the building, Gonz. There is no market for the business. The online order grabbers have offered the public spectacular arrangements with premium product and a high degree of design at about 40% of the actual cost to produce the arrangement and make a profit. When it does not get delivered as such, a consumer becomes disenchanted and seeks other alternatives. The market has shrunk considerably since the 800 flowers debacle and Martha Stewart entering the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                              Just the building, Gonz. There is no market for the business. The online order grabbers have offered the public spectacular arrangements with premium product and a high degree of design at about 40% of the actual cost to produce the arrangement and make a profit. When it does not get delivered as such, a consumer becomes disenchanted and seeks other alternatives. The market has shrunk considerably since the 800 flowers debacle and Martha Stewart entering the game.
                              I went with Pro Flowers this year since you were closed and for what I paid it paled in comparison to the arrangements I got from you. Can you let me know next year where you will be helping out?
                              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Actually Deb, the building was purchased by an intense competitor of the guy who bought the building next to me. The guy next to me thought my building was included in the sale of the building he bought in foreclosure and was pissed when he found out the plans he had drawn up to renovate the building would not work because he did not own my building. He approached me to purchase it asking for me to "give him a number" I gave it to him and he laughed at me telling me I was stupid thinking the building was worth that much. When I explained to him that it was not just a building it was also my life and if he wanted it he would have to pay more than just his perceived value, he laughed at me and called me a crazy jackass.

Another guy came in afterward and insisted he had a guy that wanted to buy my building. I sent him packing telling him the building had more value to me than the real estate value. He asked me to throw down a number. I did and he jumped on it. I learned at the closing he is an arch rival of the guy that owns the building next to me and he previously had purchased all the other buildings on the block except for both of the buildings surrounding me.

I was faced with the decision of closing down or finding another location to do business out of and I decided after 49 years, I no longer wanted the responsibility of having to be available 7 days a week 365 days a year.

Loved not having to make one Christmas centerpiece this year!

Comment

Working...
                                X