U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by packfan View Post
    This used to be a very debated topic years ago (and some UN fans still on the Michigan board once in a while) I stayed away b/c I didn't think Michigan would stand a chance. This was when Nebraska was one of the true powerhouses of all time. 60?3?0 record between the 1993-97 seasons. I hated them back then! Nebraska had something like 33 players go on to the NFL from 97 that team, that is freaking unbelievable! Michigan had 5

I remember that Missouri game too (and Brent Mushbuger big mouth on the Davison catch) and your right it took a fluke play to send it into overtime. Not sure what was in the Missu water that day, it would have been one of the great upsets ever. I think Vegas had Nebraska as 13 pt mock favorite on a neutral site over Michigan.
    I would have gladly taken that spread. Michigan's defense that year would have at least kept the game close. Nebraska was not this unbeatable juggernaut.

Comment

• Nebraska was not this unbeatable juggernaut.
      I wish Payton Manning and his #3 Tennesse Vols team would have felt that way, instead falling like a deck of cards in the Orange Bowl 42-17

Comment

This used to be a very debated topic years ago (and some UN fans still on the Michigan board once in a while) I stayed away b/c I didn't think Michigan would stand a chance. This was when Nebraska was one of the true powerhouses of all time. 60?3?0 record between the 1993-97 seasons. I hated them back then! Nebraska had something like 33 players go on to the NFL from 97 that team, that is freaking unbelievable! Michigan had 5

I remember that Missouri game too (and Brent Mushbuger big mouth on the Davison catch) and your right it took a fluke play to send it into overtime. Not sure what was in the Missu water that day, it would have been one of the great upsets ever. I think Vegas had Nebraska as 13 pt mock favorite on a neutral site over Michigan.
        It didn't take a fluke play. It took a FIFTH DOWN. The refs screwed it up royally, and Nebraska should have lost that day.
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• That was Colorado - Missouri

Comment

• Nebraska wasnt as good as Michigan that year. They just weren't. The only reason they even got a split was Osborne's last-minute attempt at sympathy votes.

Comment

I wish Payton Manning and his #3 Tennesse Vols team would have felt that way, instead falling like a deck of cards in the Orange Bowl 42-17
              Well, up until about like two years ago, you could count on Manning melting down once the games mattered. He looked like absolute shit in that game, and when it became clear he wasn't going to lead that offense to 30+ points, the defense (which had been substandard all season) really got exposed.

Comment

• Manning melted down every year against Florida. Shouldn't have expected anything different against Nebraska.
                Last edited by Kstat; September 22, 2009, 07:26 PM.

Comment

• A can of worms re-opened.

Comment

• It's either this or five threads on Matt Stafford.

Comment

• Manning melted down every year against Florida.

Yes he did, and It would not shock me if he wanted to stick it to Michigan for losing the Heisman to Woodson.

Comment

That was Colorado - Missouri
                        Forget it, he's rolling.

Comment

• Fuck Nebraska. UM would've rolled those fuckers.
                          AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            Forget it, he's rolling.
                            LOL!
                            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Yes he did, and It would not shock me if he wanted to stick it to Michigan for losing the Heisman to Woodson.
                              please tell me you're kidding? Selfish Manning losing the biggest games of his career to stick it to us? lol
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Forcier

Comment

Working...
                                X