No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock you don't get it. That they turn out crappy does not mean they weren't good recruits
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Them what does it mean?
      Last edited by Rocky Bleier; September 26, 2009, 02:44 PM.
      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Overhyped recruits?

Comment

• Which is the same as saying they weren't good recruits. I don't think it's Greg Robinson. He doesn't have much to work with. Some kids may produce down the road, but why can't they beat out the likes of Leach and Kovacs now? Sparty, Iowa, Penn St., Wisky and the Buckeyes are going to run through the Wolverines like Swiss cheese. If Forcier is hurt badly, next week could be real ugly.

Last edited by Rocky Bleier; September 27, 2009, 12:58 PM.
          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• They are 4-0 and technically still alive in the National Championship race.
            AKA Dave Lubin

Comment

• One thing the defense seems to do is come up with a big play at the right time. They gave up that ridiculous 85 yard run but other then bending in the 2nd half, they didn't completely break.

Comment

• Go Blue!!
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Cunningham View Post
                  They are 4-0 and technically still alive in the National Championship race.
                  The Wolverines were never in the National Championship race to begin with.

If you don't start the season in the Top 15, you have no chance by the end of the season; especially with the rather weak schedule the Wolverines are sporting this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Cunningham View Post
                    They are 4-0 and technically still alive in the National Championship race.
                    And technically the Lions are mathematically in the playoff chase too.....

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                      The Wolverines were never in the National Championship race to begin with.

If you don't start the season in the Top 15, you have no chance by the end of the season; especially with the rather weak schedule the Wolverines are sporting this year.
                      This is a sad reality of the flawed system.

Personally, they shouldn't even start polls until the midpoint of the season - where the polls would then be based on what teams have proven on the field, not preseason media hype.

Even in that scenario the Wolverines haven't proven much. They are winning, but nothing to suggest they have beaten any team convincingly and the teams they have beaten aren't that good to begin with (including ND).

Comment

• I hear that a lot about not starting the polls until mid year, but if the AP or the CNN poll did that, some other poll would fill the void. And when the other polls started up they would mirror what the other poll said.

Comment

• And technically the Lions are mathematically in the playoff chase too.....
                          lol, but if I HAD TO BET, I'd sooner go with the Wolverines. Hey if they win next week, and its very possible they're 5-0, that would look good.
                          AKA Dave Lubin

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            I hear that a lot about not starting the polls until mid year, but if the AP or the CNN poll did that, some other poll would fill the void. And when the other polls started up they would mirror what the other poll said.
                            And the 2 media voters that do vote based on results catch all sorts of flack for it (there was a recent SI column on it).

Comment

• I didn't see that column but I remember some guy who caught all kinds of flack for having a team #1 when everyone else didn't have that team very high, it ended up that they finished #1.

Comment

• Thanks Loops.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!
                                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X