No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't see the Stewart comparison in one aspect, Stewart had pretty decent footwork. The drops looked passable. In my limited views of Robinson he doesn't seem to have those skills. Stewart didn't grow up with the spread either, he had to go under center. So something that I don't see with Robinson isn't specific to Robinson, a lot of these guys nowadays play from the gun all the time and don't learn this stuff. People that saw Pat White in his freshmen year say that he was just as raw, so time will tell.

Comment

• In Tate We Trust... We don't need Robinson.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I have read several accounts that Pryor is basically being his own worst enemy. He dominated high school because of his size and now does not like the contact of the bigger and faster college game. He also agreed to Ohio State because Tressel promised they would develop him in a pro style offense. Now throw in accounts that he brought a horrible attitude to Ohio State with him and all this together reflects in his play.

Hard to say where he would be at if he chose Michigan but from what I have read, I am glad he didn't.

Comment

• Bill Martin retiring... from an uniformed outsiders perspective I thought he was kinda shitty... might be a good thing for UofM if he leaves.
          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
            Bill Martin retiring... from an uniformed outsiders perspective I thought he was kinda shitty... might be a good thing for UofM if he leaves.
            What kind of uniform do you wear? I assume it's job related.
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
              What kind of uniform do you wear? I assume it's job related.
              hah.. i laughed when you got someone else with that one and now the tables have turned....

My uniform is a banana hammock and a little black bowtie. Its not enforced by my work, I just choose to where that.
              Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

Bill Martin retiring... from an uniformed outsiders perspective I thought he was kinda shitty... might be a good thing for UofM if he leaves.
                Out of curiosity, why was he shitty? Excellent baseball and basketball hires, and probably football too. Got the athletic dept. out of the red and into black. Got facilities in almost every sport near the tops in the country, including a new bball practice facility. What's not to like?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                  Out of curiosity, why was he shitty? Excellent baseball and basketball hires, and probably football too. Got the athletic dept. out of the red and into black. Got facilities in almost every sport near the tops in the country, including a new bball practice facility. What's not to like?
                  Well thats just the feeling I got from the news, events, and complaints from friends who are UofM fans. I'm not trying to cause a commotion and anyone here can feel free to explain why he was a good AD.

Just to list some things that come to mind...basketball has yet to fully recover from the Webber fiasco.. maybe not his fault, but another AD could have certainly done better. Wasn't impressed with Amaker but I like the current coach, though I don't know if Bailin will ever be considered a top coach. I also think another AD could have done a better job handling Carr's exit.. scheduling has been questionable, at least what my UofM fan friends say about it.. and the hiring process after Carr left was just a disaster... even if RR was a top choice and all that, he didn't control the process enough and had more than one embarrassing moment from that. Would another AD improved the facilities faster or slower? I have no idea... again I'm using my 'uninformed outsider' claim as an escape clause. In the end I feel like the michigan brand sells itself pretty well and another AD could have done much better. Easy for me to say this though.. and I know its not something I can back up.
                  Last edited by nhwbrooklyn; October 22, 2009, 05:59 PM.

Comment

hah.. i laughed when you got someone else with that one and now the tables have turned....

My uniform is a banana hammock and a little black bowtie. Its not enforced by my work, I just choose to where that.

hahahahahahaha
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• For those of you who are going to watch the Penn State - Michigan tomorrow game on tv. Be warned Matt Millen is again in the broadcast booth in AA.

Comment

• He better enter the stadium surreptitiously.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
                        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Inkster (MI) 36 Steubenville 29

Michigan's Inkster High School did what 67 teams before them were unable to do: defeat Steubenville in a regular season contest. Inskter also snapped Steubenville's 53-game home winning streak dating back to 2001.

Highlights!

Comment

• Who is that little number, Rocky?

Comment

• Patience, Chemi. Patience.

Comment

• When did Bobby Williams become the head coach at Michigan?

Comment

Working...
                                X