No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot damn...That makes Newsome's decommit a little easier to bear....
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• The ineptitude of Michigan's QBs yesterday turned out in their favor. THey look easily beatable for the starting job next year.

Comment

• Really! He must have been thinking....boy im soooooo much better than these guys! Ill be the starter next year!
        I am the lizard king - I can do anything

Comment

• he was leaning Blue for a while now. He's following in his brothers footsteps. The talk has been which of the three four star qbs wouldn't make it. I guess newsomes decommit ends that speculation

Comment

• It was definitely a sad beginning but everyone other than Frooty knew this was gonna be a struggle. Lloyd left the cupboard bare which isn't his fault but was good timing on when to leave.

I'm guessing a 7-win season is a real probability and might even be a stretch. The offense is horrid and the defense required a halftime motivation to get going. Last game may be unwatchable unless we see a miraculous turnaround in this team.

Still all in all I'm glad for the regime change. This sort of season becomes tolerable when you have hope that you're rebuilding and not gradually getting worse as we were in the last few years under Lloyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy View Post
              Lloyd left the cupboard bare which isn't his fault but was good timing on when to leave.
              huh?
              Forever One!

Comment

• He pulled a Johnny Orr.
                I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• My first impression of Michigan running the spread offense: I don't like it. Of course I've seen other teams run it, but it was really strange seeing Michigan do it. I don't want to be like Purdue and Northwestern. I prefer power football - big line, big tight ends, and a couple of big backs. This is where Froot is going to say, "Hey, you got the coach you wanted," but that isn't true. It's not that I wanted Les Miles or didn't want Rich Rodriguez; I got on board once he was hired. The offense sems gimmicky. And I saw Saturday that you must have a talented QB to run the thing. But it was very much as I said before the game. The O-line was bad and the QBs were worse. Lots of inexperience. Sheridan can't throw deep, and Threet is slow to deliver the ball. It's going to be a long year.
                  I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Agreed that it was weird seeing UM run it and I didn't much care for it. Sure, if he gets the talent I'm sure it will work just fine. But I also loved the pro-based set, I just thought it needed a bit more modernization (USC runs it just fine).

Comment

• The problem under Lloyd Carr wasn't the scheme, it was that everyone knew EXACTLY what Michigan was going to do, when they were going to do it, and how they planned to get it done.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Timmy
                        Lloyd left the cupboard bare which isn't his fault but was good timing on when to leave.

Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
                        huh?
                        Exactly. If a coach left the cupboard "bare" and it isn't his fault, who's fault is it?
                        My hipocracy goes only so far.

Comment

• Things are definitely a little strange in Ann Arbor these days ...

Will Campbell ... 5-Star recruit from Cass Tech had de-commited from Michigan.
                          Forever One!

Comment

• really? Shit

Comment

• He's been a soft verbal for a long time, but I had hoped he had gotten past that. Maybe the Utah game scared him. Rodriguez needs to stop recruiting so many elves and get some big guys.
                              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by gv laker View Post
                                Originally Posted by Timmy

Exactly. If a coach left the cupboard "bare" and it isn't his fault, who's fault is it?
                                It's not that he left the cupboard bare - it's just that he left it with a bunch of ingredients that the new chef doesn't use in his recipes.

RR is having to make goulash out of whats left till some fresh ingredients come in and ripen.

Comment

Working...
                                X