No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

College teams do well largely based on talent. Just because they aren't returning a starter doesn't mean the guy coming in sucks. Michigan has thrown a lot of young QBs in there and had success. Plus they are running an offense based on running. The cupboard isn't bare and Rodriguez is a good coach, they should be fine. The defense is supposed to be good if you listen to 1050 WTKR.

Comment

Originally posted by DanO View Post
      "I think they could lose to Wisconsin, Illinois, MSU and maybe even Notre Dame."
      -----------------------I would add Utah to the list.

"You've been watching the Lions too long. Good coaches adjust to the talent they have."
      -----------------------True but I'm not sure how flexible RR is nor do I know that he wants to adjust. He may be willing to forgo adjustment, and this years record, in hopes of a higher dividend in years to come.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!

Add Toledo and Miami to the list as well Lou.

Comment

You yourself said Utah is suppose to be good.

The Lions are also suppose to be good if you listen to 16-00 W(e) A9re) T9he)L(ions).

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Last time I saw, Utah is on the road=Loss

Comment

The bottom line is: We don't know. I see a lot of growing pains, but I am excited to see their development. I, along with everyone else, will be looking for contrasts with the old regime. I have my fingers crossed, but it could be ugly because there have been so many changes. No sandbagging here. Fear and anxiety for the present. Cautious optimism for the near future.
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

2008 Offense: Five Questions, Five Answers

Comment

Froot,

I have to ask: Why did you pick U-M to beat MSU? Are you the one sandbagging? State should have beaten us last year. Manningham and Henne are gone. Dantonio is getting heaps of praise. Why aren't you on board?

Comment

MSU hasn't won in Ann Arbor since 1990. Winning on the road and winning at home are two entirely different animals.

Furthermore MSU went 7-6 and considered it a successful year. Not on the same level as Michigan's talent.

Comment

That will be a big game this year. Michigan is in transition and has little in the way of expectations. State will be looking to end the losing streak (overall and at AA). Dantonio's comments after last year's game wil no doubt be mentioned, as will his current recruiting success in-state. Does Rodriguez know how important winning that game is? He seems more interested in recruiting Florida than Michigan. I think the Spartans are still smarting over Hart's "little brother" comments. Will the Wolverines match them in intensity? I can't wait to watch.

Comment

Lou - I don't know why you would think they have little in the way of expectations. They recruit well every year. At the very least they should be expecting a New Years day bowl.

Comment

You're in the minority. They're not ranked in the pre-season Top 25 for the first time since the early eighties. I don't know why you have such high expectations, except for recruiting rankings, which we all know are often overrated. Charlie Weis recruits well according to the so-called experts. That's why Tom Lemming isn't anyone's recruiting coordinator. What was ND's record last year? High school All-Americans often play against lesser competition, have bad technique, and need good coaching.

Comment

"MSU hasn't won in Ann Arbor since 1990. Winning on the road and winning at home are two entirely different animals.

Furthermore MSU went 7-6 and considered it a successful year. Not on the same level as Michigan's talent."

------------------------------Oh quit sandbagging. I know it's different but I couldn't resist.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
                          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

I expect Michigan to win ten games every year, regardless of returning starters. As froot has said, they recruit well every year and always have talent. It doesn't matter that it's a transition year, they will beat up on the weaker teams on the schedule and the only sure loss is OSU. They will probably lose one or two more somewhere, but they will have more talent than any team they play other than OSU.
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

great post CVGT. I think the underlying motive behind these sandbag posts is to say when they go 9-3 or 10-2 that Rich Rodriguez overachieved. When in fact they have the talent for a 10-2 season.

As for MSU, they went 7-6 last year and lost a lot. I expect them to be as good or probably a little better this year record wise. That surely isn't sandbagging. Before last year, nobody heard of Devin Thomas, I expect someone to step up. If a mediocre program like MSU expects to improve, there's no reason for the big, bad block M to have diminished expectations.

You got your man as coach and got rid of Lloyd you should expect great things in year one.

Comment

OSU, PSU, Illinois, Wisconsin and Michigan State are all rated higher in preseason polls. Which is a good indication that expectations not high in A2.

Comment

Working...
                                X