No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Froot is building up the Wolverines so he can laugh at them when they fall.
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

So our reputation precedes us.

"If every Michigan fan can tell you certain things obviously tip Michigan's plays, what are the chances opposing coaches don't know this? Zero. Everyone knows what Michigan is going to do. This is something we've heard every time a bowl opponent is asked about us for the past half-decade and probably longer. It's an arrogant waste of expectation because you expect that you won't need to fool the other team. It's like playing poker without ever bluffing."
      ----------------------------This is UM in a nut shell. BO(Lombardi esq) expected his players to be better, and if they executed, they would win. That was great in the old days but now it's simply not true. You can not be predictable and expect to win.

"This thinking is ancient, dating back to Bo and the days of unlimited scholarships. Michigan assumed it was inherently better than its opponents and every game was an exercise choking out the variance so that superiority could show."
      --------------------See. I told you.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!

GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

"Froot is building up the Wolverines so he can laugh at them when they fall."
        ---------------------------Exactly.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

If you are continually recruiting in the top 10-15 programs in the country, it only makes sense that you should expect to be in that range. Preseason polls mean nothing, look at the recruits and the talent. They have it.

Froot is building up the Wolverines so he can laugh at them when they fall.

Nah, I'm having much more fun laughing at your nonsensical Lou Holtz posts.

Comment

No you're posts are personally intended to allow you full comfort with the season knowing full well whatevere happens you have it covered.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Did you proofread that? I don't even understand what you're trying to say.

Comment

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                If you are continually recruiting in the top 10-15 programs in the country, it only makes sense that you should expect to be in that range. Preseason polls mean nothing, look at the recruits and the talent. They have it.
                Preseason polls mean nothing, but recruiting rankings mean everything. Good one, Froot.
                Last edited by Rocky Bleier; August 27, 2008, 03:36 PM.

Comment

When the disparity between recruiting rankings is so large, it does matter. Plus you got rid of the guy you consistently complained about in Lloyd Carr, that alone should be worth 2 wins right there if the critics were right.

Comment

If Carr were there they'd be even worse.

Comment

So he'd win 8 games you are saying?

Comment

Speaking of college football, does anyone have a link to the coverage maps for ABC's Saturday night games? I would really like to watch the Alabama/Clemson game but fear that I am going to get stuck with the MSU/Cal game...
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Michigan's D-Line should be very good. FL (definitely sandbagging) is right that Michigan recruits very well every year, but this year is a transition year. Tressel went 7-5 his first year, nobody knows how good or bad they really will be losing their whole O-Line -QB - RB and 2 best WRs.
                          I am the lizard king - I can do anything

Comment

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Does the northern tip of Maine have a large concentration of MSU and Cal Berkley fans?

I also don't understand how a good chunk of South Carolina has to pay for the game when Clemson is located in their own state.

Comment

I don't understand it either. I would think that Louisianna and Arkansas as well as central Geaorgia would be pretty solid SEC/ACC veiwing areas, too

I'm going to keep looking for other maps...

Comment

Working...
                                X