No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If he is already in the top 10 he would be a lock for the top 5 next one up.

.......and depending on the length, not so sure it would be his last. He is in a groove.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• His current contract runs through '21, if I had to guess, they'll extend him another 3-4 years, bump up the pay ~$1M, and jack up Ms buyout like last time.

Hope we get him for another decade, which might be asking a lot.

Comment

• Ya, I think a decade is probably a bit long. Did not know he was tied up to '21.

Comment

• Great pics JD.
          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post

Great pics JD.
            Thanks!

I'm in Wichita now, shooting the tourney. Last night was a grinder of a game. Thank god for Charles Matthews in this one. Here are my pics:

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
              Thanks!

I'm in Wichita now, shooting the tourney. Last night was a grinder of a game. Thank god for Charles Matthews in this one. Here are my pics:
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/mgoblo...57694545816365
              Lots of empty seats!
              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                Lots of empty seats!
                Its basketball.
                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Nice work, JD!

Comment

Lots of empty seats!
                    That what happens when they put teams in divisions that are not within their actual geographic region.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                      That what happens when they put teams in divisions that are not within their actual geographic region.
                      No, it's basketball. Basketball fans would show up no matter what.

;)

Comment

Lots of empty seats!
                        In the 2nd half. It was near full at tipoff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                          Nice work, JD!
                          Thanks!

Comment

• Hello all!

Wow, what a crazy night! I was feeling sick to my stomach at the possibility of having to shoot Michigan players crying on the bench. After MAAR missed that chippie and Matthews got called for the foul, I was pretty much resigned that I'd be doing just that. By the way, I was sitting right by the end of the bench in the 2nd half. Maybe 5 feet away. So, I'd be right in their face which made my dread even worse.
                            However, Davis goes and misses the first free-throw. We have a chance! Then, he misses again and Moe snags the rebound. Now, we only need a two!

For some reason on the final play, I'm using my 24-105mm lens. That, in and of itself, wasn't too bad as most of the time when M was on offense I'd be shooting around 60-70mm. However, I zoomed out wide around the point that MAAR got the ball and I think the metadata said I was at 25mm when Poole launched the shot.
                            Soooo, I got "the shot" but my accuracy wasn't as good as JP's. I won't be making a poster-sized print of my captured moment.
                            Still, IT WAS AMAZING TO CAPTURE!!!!
                            I also got a lot of great images of the celebration, and other moments from the game. For doing sports photography, this may be as good an experience as I'll ever had. It's really tough to take pictures when you're also personally invested.

GALLERY: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mgoblo...57694623568985

One thing I also learned last night is that Beilein is capable of swearing...at least once. He dropped an F-bomb on the team during a timeout in the 2nd half. Not really shocking but I loved the fire he showed. Love that dude!

In the media room afterwards, pretty much all of us were at a loss. So pumped but still stunned that that actually happened.

I only slept about 90 minutes last night, as editing and choosing 116 images out of about 1,100 took me deeeep into the wee hours of the morning, and then I had to drive to KC, where my flight was.

I got about another 20 minutes of Zzzz tonight while Nevada made their comeback against Cincinnati. I'm hoping tonight I sleep like a baby.

Oh- cool/kind of strange thing on my plane. A few of the coaches wives were on the flight. They were all very nice. I was just surprised they didn't fly out of Wichita.

I don't know yet if I'm going to LA but I'm pushing for it.

p.s.- I flew Spirit Airlines for the first time. Not impressed. Planes that don't have reclining seats??? Not good for my tired, 6'2" body.

Comment

• Great shots!
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                                Hello all!

Wow, what a crazy night! I was feeling sick to my stomach at the possibility of having to shoot Michigan players crying on the bench. After MAAR missed that chippie and Matthews got called for the foul, I was pretty much resigned that I'd be doing just that. By the way, I was sitting right by the end of the bench in the 2nd half. Maybe 5 feet away. So, I'd be right in their face which made my dread even worse.
                                However, Davis goes and misses the first free-throw. We have a chance! Then, he misses again and Moe snags the rebound. Now, we only need a two!

For some reason on the final play, I'm using my 24-105mm lens. That, in and of itself, wasn't too bad as most of the time when M was on offense I'd be shooting around 60-70mm. However, I zoomed out wide around the point that MAAR got the ball and I think the metadata said I was at 25mm when Poole launched the shot.
                                Soooo, I got "the shot" but my accuracy wasn't as good as JP's. I won't be making a poster-sized print of my captured moment.
                                Still, IT WAS AMAZING TO CAPTURE!!!!
                                I also got a lot of great images of the celebration, and other moments from the game. For doing sports photography, this may be as good an experience as I'll ever had. It's really tough to take pictures when you're also personally invested.

GALLERY: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mgoblo...57694623568985

One thing I also learned last night is that Beilein is capable of swearing...at least once. He dropped an F-bomb on the team during a timeout in the 2nd half. Not really shocking but I loved the fire he showed. Love that dude!

In the media room afterwards, pretty much all of us were at a loss. So pumped but still stunned that that actually happened.

I only slept about 90 minutes last night, as editing and choosing 116 images out of about 1,100 took me deeeep into the wee hours of the morning, and then I had to drive to KC, where my flight was.

I got about another 20 minutes of Zzzz tonight while Nevada made their comeback against Cincinnati. I'm hoping tonight I sleep like a baby.

Oh- cool/kind of strange thing on my plane. A few of the coaches wives were on the flight. They were all very nice. I was just surprised they didn't fly out of Wichita.

I don't know yet if I'm going to LA but I'm pushing for it.

p.s.- I flew Spirit Airlines for the first time. Not impressed. Planes that don't have reclining seats??? Not good for my tired, 6'2" body.
                                Safe travels JD and continued good snaps to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X