No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m not a parent, but I didn’t see anything overly objectionable about that. What is the objection?
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• What would be the problem with that?

Comment

• I am guessing some, would say they should be taking her to the Mott Childrens Center instead of team trainer. I see no harm no fowl.
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Here is an interesting story about Patterson.

Comment

• Honestly, the team trainer for U-M (at least from my recollection) had his office right there at the university's medical center and hospital.

Ya know, one of the foremost and prestigious medical facilities in the GODDAMN WORLD.

I think she was in pretty good hands.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
              Honestly, the team trainer for U-M (at least from my recollection) had his office right there at the university's medical center and hospital.

Ya know, one of the foremost and prestigious medical facilities in the GODDAMN WORLD.

I think she was in pretty good hands.
              I'm sure she was in excellent hands. Her safety was not the point. The point is using team resources for free family health care.

Comment

• It's basically what amounts to a visit to a general physician. I'm more than confident that his health plan more than covers any costs it would incur.

This is just such a nothing burger to anyone who isn't fixated on the specific letter of the law.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                  It's basically what amounts to a visit to a general physician. I'm more than confident that his health plan more than covers any costs it would incur.

This is just such a nothing burger to anyone who isn't fixated on the specific letter of the law.
                  Its not about the law. Its about ethics. Something college football coaches usually crow a lot about.

Not saying its a big deal. Its not. But it could be *a* deal depending on the specifics. Plus with as much shit that is going down in college athletic departments, he should be striving to be above board in all things.

I obviously don't know all the specifics. Maybe it was just a - "Hey could you look at this for a sec and tell me if I should take her in?" - type of deal then yeah: nothing burger. However, If its a "can you, team trainer, provide free health care services for my daughter instead of paying to take her to see a pediatrician", that should raise eyebrows. Could be he has use of team medical facilities for family health care written into his contract as a perk. I dunno.

Anyways, because I don't know all the facts, I'm just commenting that on the surface it seems problematic to me and asking if it seems problematic to anyone else. The answer appears to be that no one else sees it as a problem. Ok. I admit I believe college sports is, in general, a total cesspool and I am inclined the believe the worst about anything relating to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LightninBoy View Post
                    I obviously don't know all the specifics. Maybe it was just a - "Hey could you look at this for a sec and tell me if I should take her in?" - type of deal then yeah: nothing burger. However, If its a "can you, team trainer, provide free health care services for my daughter instead of paying to take her to see a pediatrician", that should raise eyebrows. Could be he has use of team medical facilities for family health care written into his contract as a perk. I dunno.
                    It was pretty innocent. She got her ear pierced. It was getting infected, he had the trainer take a look, he put some suave on it. It was pretty casual.

I am sure Jim has the finest health care coverage the University can provide so where the treatment took place really should not be an issue. In fact, as a Dad, I would have done the same cause, I would trust my guys to take good care of my kid.

Comment

• Cheap ass Harbaugh probably has a $25 deductible at the real doctors...lol

Comment

• LOL! I am not so sure about that. MCare is pretty good when you are a Mman.

Comment

• Yeah. I can promise you that Harbaugh will never have to pay a single cent out of pocket for health care while he's at U-M.

Comment

• That 1902 Michigan team must've been something to see. Only 12 points scored against them all season.
                            the Wolverines scored 119 points in 38 minutes of play, an average of 3.1 points per minute
                            Last edited by edindetroit; July 18, 2018, 06:39 PM.
                            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Ha set your alarm or just do an all night'er Jaadam.. Its going to be a night game @ Sparty Stadium. Ill take a 1 point victory for the good guys!'

Comment

Working...
                                X