No announcement yet.

OT: MSU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a great time watching Saturday's game with the alumni group at a downtown watering hole. The Spartans' ability to recover from getting punched in the mouth with 24 straight points was so freaking impressive.

However, I'm not among those who believe the refs robbed us at ND. Yes, the calls sucked, but -- and I can't believe I'm siding with SLF -- if the offense does anything it wouldn't matter. We had plenty of chances to make plays and didn't do it.

Comment

• It was too bad it took half the season to get an effective offense.

Comment

• We got jobbed at Notre Dame ... period. The problem was we weren't settled in enough offensively to overcome it. Don't forget Cook was/is a rs-Soph. Many may blame Dantonio & Co for not settling in on Cook earlier but I don't. Let's face facts. Cook is playing above everyone's expectations sans himself now. It's to bad he (Cook) didn't shore more at practice & the spring game to claim the job from the get go.

We are a better team now then we were that day. Sour grapes, yup but in the end it doesn't matter to me in the end other than not having the opportunity to go undefeated. I don't see a scenario where we would be playing in the NC game letting alone winning it.

The goal to start the year was the Rose Bowl, and I'll be damned if we aren't there!
        Forever One!

Comment

• Cook has been real good, he looked real shaky at the beginning of the year.

Comment

• Yep, as a UM guy, Cook will be a handful the next couple of years.

Comment

• Some reason for optimism against Stanford. Stanford's two opponents that beat them both had the best run defense they had face this year. USC and Utah are ranked 19th and 20th. MSU is miles ahead of those two in run defense. I don't know how Stanford scores.

Reason's for pessimism. Stanford has a couple NFL players on that DL and a couple more at LB. They could generate turnovers.

I think MSU wins 23 - 13. MSU wins because Sadler and Geiger and that their run defense trumps Stanfords rush offense.
              Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                Yep, as a UM guy, Cook will be a handful the next couple of years.
                I love the way cook rolls out and covers so much ground. He's really good at scanning the field and throwing while on the run. It's pretty awesome.
                Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Way to go Spartys. I was relatively confident they were going to beat OSU. Great game.
                  GO LIONS "19" !!

Take us to the promised land Matthew.

Comment

• need to lock down the last piece of my trip .... lodging. How long would it take realistically to drive from Long Beach to Pasadena. My traveling friend wants to also go to Claremont to visit Pitzer College.

Any help?

It's numbing after awhile trying to find a hotel. So many options, but no idea where to stay.

Long Beach
                    Hermosa Beach
                    Torrance
                    Seals Beach
                    Downtown LA
                    San Fernando

aargh.
                    Forever One!

Comment

• Downtown LA out of those options. Take the train right up to Pasadena on gameday. Closer to Claremont too. San Fernando maybe if you're very price conscious. Definitely not Long or Seal Beach. DTLA gets a bad rap, but I hang out there a lot...really getting better.

Travel time always depends on when you go. LB to Pasadena can range anywhere from 30 min to 2.5 hours.

Comment

• Last time I went to Pasadena to watch the Spartans in the Rose Bowl, my friend picked me up in a Ford Fiesta. As we got on the road, I looked and the odometer said about 12,000.

"Dave, does this car have 112,000 miles on it!?"

"Nah. It's broken. Probably closer to 120."

We started at 14 Mile and Telegraph. We made it to Pasadena and on our way back, on the exit ramp at 696 and Orchard Lake, every last piece of that car dropped out of it. At first I was pissed. "We were so close!" When it finally clicked in that this could have happened in Gallup, NM, I was no longer pissed.

Comment

• I need to find a TV station where I can watch MSU.

Comment

• "need to lock down the last piece of my trip .... lodging. How long would it take realistically to drive from Long Beach to Pasadena. My traveling friend wants to also go to Claremont to visit Pitzer College.

Any help?

It's numbing after awhile trying to find a hotel. So many options, but no idea where to stay.

Long Beach
                            Hermosa Beach
                            Torrance
                            Seals Beach
                            Downtown LA
                            San Fernando

aargh."
                            -------------------
                            -----------How much are you forking out for this trip, if you don't mind my asking. They've been talking on the radio about it and they keep mentioning the word gouge. They are talking upwards of 3G? $1000/ticket. $1300/airfare. WoW.
                            Last edited by DanO; December 11th, 2013, 06:02 PM.
                            GO LIONS "19" !!

Take us to the promised land Matthew.

Comment

• If you got in early, a lot of people got them through Stanford's ticket office(I think Mass is one). But yeah, if you go secondary market prices are crazy. Flights are terrible too, at least $1000.

Comment

• DanO ....

Got four tickets and parking pass for $760 ..... thru the Stanford loophole. LA round trip was $610. So far it is reasonable but many are getting gouged or not getting tickets at all.

Why not Long or Seal Beach Oracle. I was very close to choosing Ayres Hotel in Seale or Maya Hotel in Long Beach.

Looking for a place where at least on pne day I can walk to a beach and/or pier and hang out.

Thanks!
                                Forever One!

Comment

Working...
                                X