OT: MSU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: MSU

I refuse to allow the Michigan turds to have college football to themselves in this forum. I can't freaking wait until Saturday night -- not because I'm certain of a win, but because I'm not quite sure what to expect. We have a good senior QB who might take a step up, a great RB, some unknown potential at receiver and a question mark on the OL. The line shouldn't be horrendous, but if they can become at least good, the offense should be impressive.

On defense, we need the line there to step up as well, which is a good possibilty. Especially with the transfer from Cinci. LB and CB should be a strength.

Overall, I'm trying to temper my enthusiasm. I love the coaching staff and we are making huge strides in recruiting. It's awesome to not have football season be a pathetic diversion from basketball.

Have you hired a new timekeeper?
    I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoLion View Post
      I refuse to allow the Michigan turds to have college football to themselves in this forum. I can't freaking wait until Saturday night -- not because I'm certain of a win, but because I'm not quite sure what to expect. We have a good senior QB who might take a step up, a great RB, some unknown potential at receiver and a question mark on the OL. The line shouldn't be horrendous, but if they can become at least good, the offense should be impressive.

On defense, we need the line there to step up as well, which is a good possibilty. Especially with the transfer from Cinci. LB and CB should be a strength.

Overall, I'm trying to temper my enthusiasm. I love the coaching staff and we are making huge strides in recruiting. It's awesome to not have football season be a pathetic diversion from basketball.
      Little uncalled for?
      And i'm pretty sure most of my posts about Mich ffotball were in response to a Wisc poster why don't you call them turds too?
      I'm not to blame.

I voted for the other guy!

Nov. 2008

Comment

msu will have a break out year they are my big ten sleeper

Comment

Anything less than 12 wins is a failure year for dantonio..
          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Anything less than 12 wins is a failure year for dantonio..
            That's funny.

King, I wasn't singling any individual out as a turd, just Michigan fans as a whole. Packer fans are turds, too.

Dodger, I refuse to take the bait on that one.

Comment

"Anything less than 12 wins is a failure year for dantonio.."
              ----------------------------LOL.

This turd hopes MSU has a great year just like I always do.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
              GO LIONS "19" !!

Take us to the promised land Matthew.

Comment

Originally posted by DanO View Post
                "Anything less than 12 wins is a failure year for dantonio.."
                ----------------------------LOL.

This turd hopes MSU has a great year just like I always do.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
                Well that's kinda why I took offense to the turd comment. I'll root for MSU 11 of 12 weeks + their bowl if make one. Most UofM fans I know always hope state has a good season just not the weekend they play us. But for some reason MSU fans don't feel the same way to UofM? And you call us turds
                I'm not to blame.

Nov. 2008

Comment

It appears that SLF is right.

at California W
                  Eastern Michigan W
                  Florida Atlantic W
                  Notre Dame W
                  at Indiana W
                  Iowa W
                  at Northwestern W
                  Ohio State W
                  at Michigan W
                  Wisconsin W
                  Purdue W
                  at Penn State W
                  I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Dodger, I refuse to take the bait on that one.
                    hook.JPG
                    I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

King, don't take it personally. It's a fact that if U of M has a shitty year, it benefits the Spartans. If the best recruits figure that they'd have a better chance playing on national TV and competing for Big 10 championships in East Lansing than they would in Ann Arbor, that makes our program better.

And yes, I do believe that can happen. Michigan won't ever fall to the depths of the Big 10, but I think the personnel and facilities are in place that could allow for State to be a legitimate threat to win the conference year in and year out.

Another way in which bad seasons in Ann Arbor is a good thing at State can be evidenced by Michigan being ranked in the preseason top 25 this season. They have that mystique and reputation. The more that reputation and mystique takes a hit there, the more the Spartans stand to gain in terms of the national media and recruiting.

Obviously, all this doesn't mean squat if State can't maintain improvement and consitently win 8-9 games a year, at least. I've been a State guy since the mid 80's and this is the first time that I've felt we're poised for that.

I don't think all Michigan fans are a-holes. (Unfortunately, I've heard some Spartan fans be embarrassing during basketball season.) I just want what's best for the State football program. It is an either/or situation. A weaker Michigan program strengthens State's.

Comment

Dodge, that's funny as hell.

Comment

King, don't take it personally. It's a fact that if U of M has a shitty year, it benefits the Spartans. If the best recruits figure that they'd have a better chance playing on national TV and competing for Big 10 championships in East Lansing than they would in Ann Arbor, that makes our program better.

And yes, I do believe that can happen. Michigan won't ever fall to the depths of the Big 10, but I think the personnel and facilities are in place that could allow for State to be a legitimate threat to win the conference year in and year out.

Another way in which bad seasons in Ann Arbor is a good thing at State can be evidenced by Michigan being ranked in the preseason top 25 this season. They have that mystique and reputation. The more that reputation and mystique takes a hit there, the more the Spartans stand to gain in terms of the national media and recruiting.

Obviously, all this doesn't mean squat if State can't maintain improvement and consitently win 8-9 games a year, at least. I've been a State guy since the mid 80's and this is the first time that I've felt we're poised for that.

I don't think all Michigan fans are a-holes. (Unfortunately, I've heard some Spartan fans be embarrassing during basketball season.) I just want what's best for the State football program. It is an either/or situation. A weaker Michigan program strengthens State's.
                          I guess that's difference with M and MS fans. I don't look at like if MS is really crappy M will get all the best Mich HS kids. Sure i could see how a 0-12 season for MSU would benefit UofM but I'd rather have the pride of both Michigan schools doing well! I don't see it has an either or thing. Back in 60's it was UofM and MSU being the big 2 vs little 8 then OSU came in the mix and dropped MSU down a notch. I hope they one day flip flop again!
                          I'm not to blame.

Nov. 2008

Comment

There are good and bad fans on both sides. I hated MSU when I was a kid - except when they would beat Ohio State. I still don't like them, but I don't take it so seriously anymore. Why get bent out of shape over something you can't control? It's a game. And next year there will be another one win or lose.
                            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

"And next year there will be another one win or lose."

People will still be talking about last year up until the next game.
                              Won't change this signature until Matt Millen is dethroned as King Clown of the Detroit Lions. (Thursday August 28th, 2008, 6:32 PM)

Comment

Working...
                              X