Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What chu talkin bout Willis? Strange stories....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DeanUK View Post
    Not sure where to put this, but one lucky baby. Wouldn't like to think what the mother was going through.

YouTube - Miracle baby is run over by train and survives

The baby is extremely lucky to have fallen between the running rails, as there is usually a 2-3 foot space between the bottom of the train and the track bed.

Mom is a dumbass for letting go of the stroller when on the platform without setting the brakes on the stroller.

Most transit station platforms are build with a 1/4 to 1/2 degree slope on them toward the trackway to prevent excess water from building up on the platform.

Comment

• Most transit station platforms are build with a 1/4 to 1/2 degree slope on them toward the trackway to prevent excess urine from building up on the platform.
      FIFY
      It's so flat you can watch your dog run away for three days.

Comment

• Correction GK....

Most transit patrons piss in the elevators (more privacy).

If they need to drop a duece they hang their ass over the platform edge.

If they want to "get it on" with someone else, they usually find an open electrical vault under the platform or sneak off the end of the platform in a subway tunnel.

The lights of the on-coming trains adds ambient lighting to the romantic setting

Comment

• Pepsi loses $1.26 billion case

Company never knew about lawsuit alleging bottled water idea theft

Posted by Kim Peterson on Thursday, October 29, 2009 1:22 PM

Pepsi (PEP) just lost a $1.26 billion lawsuit. And it did so in a comedy of errors that would make fine sitcom material.

Here's how it happened: First, two Wisconsin men sued the company, saying Pepsi stole their idea to sell bottled water. Wow, who knew that these guys were the first people to ever think of that?

Pepsi executives would have had a good chuckle at the lawsuit, except they didn't see it. They never even knew about it. And so Pepsi ended up losing the whole case.

Blame the lawyers. And the secretary. Pepsi's law firm got served with the complaint in June, but didn't send the company any letters about it until September, according to the company's court filing.

The law firm's letter was opened by a Pepsi secretary, who was busy at the time and didn't tell anyone about it.

After hearing nothing for months, the men suing the company asked the court for a default judgment with no trial. And the court granted the request.

And these two guys, who had initially sought $75,000 from Pepsi, ended up winning a $1.26 billion judgment.

The same secretary at Pepsi got a notice of the judgment a few days later, and that's when she realized she forgot to tell anyone about the whole thing. Oops.

So now what? Pepsi is asking that the ruling be thrown out since it didn't have a chance to respond. And it's likely a judge will allow the company to present its side in the case, the Associated Press reports.

Pepsi makes the Aquafina brand bottled water (which, did you know, is simply tap water?)

So Pepsi will probably have its say, and from the looks of it, stands a good chance of winning. But, as one law professor told the AP, "there's going to be some red faces in court."
          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• That secretary is so fired!
            Your right! Matty Boy will save us all!!

Comment

• How did seeking $75,000 become a $1.26 billion default judgement?

Ok. You ask for $1.26 billion, they come back with $0, then you say $75,000 and it'll seem like a bargain.
              Last edited by mason reese; October 30, 2009, 10:40 AM.
              "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• why not?
                Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Bottled water from a public drinking supply is not uncommon and it's not a bad thing. I didn't read the whole article but common practice would be to run the water through a carbon filter removing the chlorine and then bottle it. Public water supplies have a much stricter governing body, the EPA, and standards then bottled water which is governed by the FDA. Read the label on a bottle of water and it won't tell you a hell of a lot about what's in it. Public water supplies are required to monitor the water for every regulated contaminate and are required to supply that info to their customers upon request.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
                  GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• This is going to sound weird but I've actually had thoughts about that happening to me and how cool it would be for everyone to realize you weren't really dead. I know I know in my case people would be partying at the funeral until I showed up and then started to mourn.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
                    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Yes, it does sound weird lol I'll bet you favorite episode of The Twilight Zone is where the dead guy wakes up in the casket?

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                        This is going to sound weird but I've actually had thoughts about that happening to me and how cool it would be for everyone to realize you weren't really dead. I know I know in my case people would be partying at the funeral until I showed up and then started to mourn.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
                        Pretty sure that's bullshit. *thwap*
                        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• "Yes, it does sound weird lol I'll bet you favorite episode of The Twilight Zone is where the dead guy wakes up in the casket?"
                          ----------------------Of course.

I got the idea from some movie I watched as a kid where that happenend.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
                          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                            "Yes, it does sound weird lol I'll bet you favorite episode of The Twilight Zone is where the dead guy wakes up in the casket?"
                            ----------------------Of course.

I got the idea from some movie I watched as a kid where that happenend.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
                            Kids (particularly boys for some reason) have been getting that idea since Tom Sawyer was published. Hell, Twain probably borrowed the idea from Greek mythology.

So I don't think you need to worry about that one DanO. You've said much stranger things here.;-)

Comment

• LMAO. I wasn't really worried about it but thanks LB.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
                              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Working...
                              X