Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What chu talkin bout Willis? Strange stories....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HA!
    "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Muslim Brotherhood caught using puppies as fire bombs

By Cheryl K. Chumley-The Washington Times Friday, November 1, 2013

A pet rescue operation has saved three puppies from Muslim Brotherhood clutches, after discovering the militant members were dousing the animals with gasoline, setting them on fire and throwing them into the chaos of a Tahrir Square demonstration, as makeshift bombs.

Robyn Urman, a rescuer with the New Jersey group, Pet ResQ Inc, said this isn?t the first time Muslim Brotherhood members had been busted trying to use animals as gasoline-fired bombs, Breitbart reported. And this particular discovery didn?t end well for all the dogs.

The Muslim Brotherhood members were caught near Tahrir pouring gasoline over more than 20 puppies ? but only three could be saved.

Ms. Urman?s group described the scene in a release that was reported by Breitbart: ?Ten cruel bearded men gathered more than 20 puppies and start[ed] pouring gasoline on them and throw[ing] them at the army. These flying fire balls were puppies that were used as weapon [sic]. We only could save these three poor babies. All are 12 weeks old.?

The group is trying to find homes for the three rescued puppies, which weigh about eight pounds each.
      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Wow, that's pretty screwed up.
        2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Ah, the washington times. The "news outlet" that makes Fox News actually seem like a centrist organization.
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Take it to the politics thread.
            2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Ha!
              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Would think a 12 week old puppy would weigh more than 8lbs. What were they, miniature poodles or something? Pretty sick though.
                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• if true. Of course a suicide bomber is an example of how some extreme factions deal with things so the bar is set pretty sick

Comment

• Re: What chu talkin bout Willis? Strange stories....

Old news. In both Iraq and Afganistan the enemy have placed ieds inside the carcas of dead animals. They have actually had doctors place bombs inside live animals. Obviously the dogs that lived through the surgery would act hurt. Knowing the Americans "softness" towards pets, inevitably a Soldier would try to catch a wounded dog. You can guess the results. You would see dead animals all the time on the side of the road. Once they figured out that those things go boom too, our tactics changed.
                    Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• Wouldn't that have made the news though? Soldier dies due to exploding dog? I'm genuinely not trying to be funny, it's just that we hear (or did hear) all the time that soldiers had died due to "roadside" bombs. Were some of these roadside bombs animals loaded with ammo?
                      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                        Wouldn't that have made the news though? Soldier dies due to exploding dog? I'm genuinely not trying to be funny, it's just that we hear (or did hear) all the time that soldiers had died due to "roadside" bombs. Were some of these roadside bombs animals loaded with ammo?
                        Marko,

You have no idea about how much does not get reported by the news. Unfortunately Soldiers dieing in Afghanistan is no longer front page news. On odd report here and there, especially when it comes at the hand of a so called ally. I don't know how the British press handles each death of thier Soldiers, but I KNOW our press has at times, if at all, put reports if U.S. deaths as a small blip on page 8. If a Soldier dies in a skirmish, the most you will see is a full story from that persons local news. Next time a U.S. or in your case a Brit dies in battle, check what kind of media coverage it gets.

Sure you may see a quick article on the major sites, but I'm willing to bet not all or will it get the coverage it deserves.
                        Last edited by Desert Lion; November 2, 2013, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• wasnt trying to be political with that story.

its just a WYTBW type story

pands

Ive read of donkeys and horses go boom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Desert Lion View Post
                            Marko,

You have no idea about how much does not get reported by the news. Unfortunately Soldiers dieing in Afghanistan is no longer front page news. On odd report here and there, especially when it comes at the hand of a so called ally. I don't know how the British press handles each death of thier Soldiers, but I KNOW our press has at times, if at all, put reports if U.S. deaths as a small blip on page 8. If a Soldier dies in a skirmish, the most you will see is a full story from that persons local news. Next time a U.S. or in your case a Brit dies in battle, check what kind of media coverage it gets.

Sure you may see a quick article on the major sites, but I'm willing to bet not all or will it get the coverage it deserves.
                            Follow me to the pol thread....

Comment

• Deaths do still make the news, but like you say, it usually is further down the list of news stories, behind politicians who are having affairs (who gives a fuck) and financial news. How they prioritise news stories is beyond me.

I have a good friend who was heavily involved in the Yugoslav Wars of the early 90's, and he, like you, has said that only very little gets reported. Some of the stuff he saw was no where near the news. Some of it is actually quite horrific and he has had some periods of time since thoae days whereby he has had to discuss things with psychiatrists.

Comment

I'm done, Marc. It was just FHI.

Comment

Working...
                                X