Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What chu talkin bout Willis? Strange stories....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is long, so i'm going to just post snippets.

Cops kill cougar on North Side

Neighborhood stunned as animal cornered, shot in back alley

A cougar ran loose in Chicago on Monday for the first time since the city's founding in the 19th Century. But by day's end, the animal lay dead in a back alley on the North Side, shot by police who said they feared it was turning to attack.

No one knew where the 150-pound cat came from, though on Saturday Wilmette police had received four reports of a cougar roaming that suburb, roughly 15 miles from the site of Monday's shooting.

Whatever its origin, the 5-foot-long cougar's unlikely journey ended in the Roscoe Village neighborhood, where residents reported sightings throughout the day to the Chicago Commission on Animal Care and Control. Resident Ben Greene said police cornered the cougar shortly before 6 p.m. in his side yard on the 3400 block of North Hoyne Avenue.

Greene said he heard a volley of gunfire as he was bathing his 10-month-old son. His wife, Kate, ran upstairs screaming with their 3-year-old son, and they all took cover in a back room.

"At first, I'm thinking there's a gun battle in the street," said Greene, who owns a trucking company.

Ben Greene's neighbor, Romeo Dorazio, had just gotten home from dinner when he heard about 10 gunshots.

"I knew it was really nearby. I walked to the window and saw a cougar," Dorazio said. "It was the freakiest thing I ever saw."

James Reynolds was sitting in his living room when he heard what seemed like "fireworks popping."

The 45-year-old went out in his back yard and saw a cougar attempting to jump from his neighbor's fence to his. He knew it was a cougar because he had seen it on the Discovery Channel, he said.

Officers shouted for him to go inside his house, and he saw them kill the cougar in about 10 shots.

there was major backlash about this, i believe they eventually suspended the cops who were involved (albeit not for long), and PETA went nuts. no one seemed to consider what would happen if the cougar actually attacked someone...
    knowledge reigns supreme over nearly everybody

Comment

Originally posted by Aesop View Post
      shooting a chimpanzee is closer to shooting a human than a dog, so there's no outrage.

as long as its something psuedo human, the animal rights activists dont care.

reminds me of a story from last year when i lived in chicago.. i'm going to try and find it
      The chimp was ripping apart a woman. I don't think killing him was out of line. It's sad that it came to that and I would put the blame entirely on the owner.

The woman is in critical condition btw.
      #birdsarentreal

Comment

its all about the monkey, you hurt the monkeys feelings, what about Kramers' feelings?
        If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

Not Funny ^
          Your right! Matty Boy will save us all!!

Comment

Has anyone heard the story about the 19 year old who bit a chunk of his mothers face off in Jackson? They were talking about it on the radio this morning.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

No.

This is a great story....

George Mason picks drag queen as homecoming queen

FAIRFAX, Va. ? George Mason University senior Ryan Allen dresses in drag and doesn't mind being called a queen ? homecoming queen, to be exact.

Allen, who is gay and performs in drag at nightclubs in the region, said he entered the homecoming contest as a joke, competing as Reann Ballslee, his drag queen persona.

But he considers the victory one of his happiest moments and proof that the suburban Washington, D.C., school famous for its run to the Final Four a few years back celebrates its diverse student body.

"I was very touched by how Mason was so supportive through the whole process of allowing a boy in a dress to run for homecoming queen," Allen said in a phone interview. "It says a lot about the campus that not only do we have diversity but we celebrate it."

The senior from Virginia's Goochland County won the pageant Saturday at a sold-out Homecoming basketball game against Northeastern University.

Large portions of the crowd cheered as Allen, wearing a gold-sequined top, accepted the tiara and the Ms. Mason 2009 sash.

The school, known for racial diversity and a basketball team that pulled off a string of upsets to advance to the Final Four in 2006, was selected the nation's top "school to watch" in the most recent U.S. News and World Report rankings.

Allen's selection does not appear to have caused much consternation among the school's 30,000 undergraduate and graduate students. An online article in the student newspaper prompted only two comments, both positive.

Alyssa Cordova, an officer with the school's College Republicans, said she didn't pay much attention to Allen's election and is suprised by the media attention it has received.

"I just think it's kind of silly," she said.

Mara Keisling, executive director of the National Center for Transgender Equity and a former adjunct professor at Mason, said the lack of controversy "shows that the students and the George Mason community have a good sense of perspective."

University spokesman Dan Walsch said the school is "very comfortable" with Allen's selection and the contest rules are not sex-specific.
              "It's just that if you're a man who runs for Ms., you've got to dress the part," Walsch said.

The contest was half talent judging and half voting by the student body. Allen received the most votes but doesn't know how he scored in the talent competition, in which he performed in zebra-print pants and lip-synched to Britney Spears.

He said his drag queen persona is fairly popular and well-known on campus ? he has hosted events as Reann for the school's Pride Week, as well as HIV charity shows and an amateur drag night cabaret.

"Reann is very sassy, very silly. She's an entertainer throughout. She's not afraid to do a high kick if that's what it takes," Allen said. "She's got a little camp but is not as campy as some queens."

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press.
              "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

Whoa, drag queen as Homecoming queen... that's really gay.

Comment

Ha!
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

They must have some ugly women at GM because that drag queen doesn't look all that good.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
                    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Originally posted by DanO View Post
                      They must have some ugly women at GM because that drag queen doesn't look all that good.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
                      Maybe she won because everyone who voted for him/her had their beer goggles on!

Comment

So never judge a book by it's cover
                        Or who you're going to love by your lover
                        Love put me wise to her love in disguise
                        She had the body of a venus
                        Lord imagine my surprise

(That, that) Dude looks like a lady
                        Apathetic No More.

Comment

Boy's 'Glowing' Eyes See Clearly in Darkness
                          *Monday, February 23, 2009

A Chinese boy who has eyes that glow in the dark has stunned doctors with his ability to see and read in complete darkness.

Doctors have studied Nong Youhui?s eyesight ever since his father took him to a hospital in Dahua, which is located in southern China.

Tests conducted in complete darkness concluded Nong can read perfectly without any light and can see as clearly as most people do during the daytime.

Experts believe the boy was born with a rare condition called leukordermia, which has left his eyes with less protective pigment and made them more sensitive to light.

19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

60005 piercings?????? ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Got Kneecaps?

Comment

Originally posted by GONZ View Post
                              Boy's 'Glowing' Eyes See Clearly in Darkness
                              *Monday, February 23, 2009

A Chinese boy who has eyes that glow in the dark has stunned doctors with his ability to see and read in complete darkness.

Doctors have studied Nong Youhui?s eyesight ever since his father took him to a hospital in Dahua, which is located in southern China.

Tests conducted in complete darkness concluded Nong can read perfectly without any light and can see as clearly as most people do during the daytime.

Experts believe the boy was born with a rare condition called leukordermia, which has left his eyes with less protective pigment and made them more sensitive to light.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-RSS&ATTR=News

It's like the TV show heroes coming light ...
                              Forever One!

Comment

Originally posted by Coop View Post
                                60005 piercings?????? ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,499907,00.html

That chic is SEXY!

Comment

Working...
                                X