Comment

• Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
        Nice read. Thanks fontes.

Comment

• Good read.
          GO LIONS "19" !!

Take us to the promised land Matthew.

Comment

• Was a very interesting read. Piqued my interest to the real story though.
            Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• Nice read and thanks for sharing, WayneO

Stormin Norman was a favorite of mine and still in the top 3 of my favorite Tigers of all time.

.......and when he died, I had heard it could be foul play.

......and I didn't want to believe it.
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Between the Tigers getting destroyed the last couple weeks and the Pistons losing their draft pick, it's been difficult staying motivated withDwtroit sports right now.

Don't even get me started on the Lions cb issues
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Tigers are 4-9 since May 18th and have lost 1.5 games from the 2nd place team. Not bad considering the slump. Thank goodness nobody else is heating up.
                  Go Detroit Lions!

Comment

• That's exactly why I don't stress the slump. I was a little worried by the fact that so many of the losses were blow-outs, but always kept in mind that the season is a marathon. In '84 the Tigers went 4-8 following the 35-5 start and were only 3.5 games ahead of the Jays at that point. Barring key injuries the Tigers will win the Central. Get them to the playoffs - and with their starting rotation they have a good chance at a title.

Still would be nice if DD added another potent leftie bat. And maybe if Max continues to slump a bit he'll drive down his price.

Comment

• Still early days, can't win a division in May.

Comment

• Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
                        That's exactly why I don't stress the slump. I was a little worried by the fact that so many of the losses were blow-outs, but always kept in mind that the season is a marathon. In '84 the Tigers went 4-8 following the 35-5 start and were only 3.5 games ahead of the Jays at that point. Barring key injuries the Tigers will win the Central. Get them to the playoffs - and with their starting rotation they have a good chance at a title.

Still would be nice if DD added another potent leftie bat. And maybe if Max continues to slump a bit he'll drive down his price.
                        They were up 8.5 over Toronto. They basically held serve from Mid may until the end of July, then ran away with things in August/September.

Comment

• I have no concerns about this team. 10 games over .500 in May and 5.5 games up in the standings. There's really no concern. It's baseball and it's a long season. 5.5 games is a huge lead in this shitty division.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                            They were up 8.5 over Toronto. They basically held serve from Mid may until the end of July, then ran away with things in August/September.
                            Scroll to June 6 - the Tigers started out 35-5 then lost 8 of 12. At 39-13 they were 3.5 games ahead of the Jays.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/te...e-scores.shtml

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                              Man, these late games suck. Only a couple more days until they get back into a normal time zone. Fuck that west coast and the Pacific time zone.
                              Agreed.

It's like the NBA Finals now. The game will start around 9:15 pm... Meaning it will go on until around 11:40pm. **** that... Especially when a majority of the country lives in the Eastern Time Zone.
                              Go Detroit Lions!

Comment

• Just like east coast starts suck for Pacific time zones. Whine alittle more.

Comment

Working...
                                X