No announcement yet.

Tigers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You wonder how much smoke there is to a Fulmer deal. I have no problem moving him. None.

Not a huge K guy. Teams will pay massive prospects for a cost controlled former ROY on the cheap for 5 years. That injury hurts his value (one reason I was fine with moving him pre-injury) but he seems to be alright. You always listen on a young pitcher when he's not an ace.

Our SP is 2-3 years away with the top 4 SP prospects, not to mention possibly Singer in June. Fulmer is a fine #2/3, but he's no ace.

Comment

• man I don’t know. I wouldn’t trade Fulmer unless they get a huge haul. Saying he’s not an ace is a stretch when he’s still growing into the majors. If they trade him there’s no end in sight for this rebuild
      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Man, I gotta wonder who the Tigers are targeting with all this money they're freeing up.

Because it can't POSSIBLY be that Chris I. is gonna run this team on the cheap and pocket all the extra cash!

Comment

• I dont think msot of us figured we'd get absolutely nothing for all these guys..... Usually part of a rebuild is getting decent prospects in return for your former all stars... With Avila at the helm this team may not see the playoffs for a decade.

Comment

• Chipper Jones, Jim Thome and Vladimir Guerrero were overwhelmingly voted into the Baseball Hall of Fame Wednesday, while Trevor Hoffman narrowly made the cut on his third try.

Morris and Trammell were voted in last month by the Hall's Modern Era committee, which considered former players and executives whose contributions to baseball were most significant from 1970-87.
            SHOW me. Don't TELL me. Still waiting....
            Play stupid games ...Win stupid prizes

Comment

• Ok, I usually don't care about this shit, but Thome has to be the best case study for the HOF ever.

600+ dingers. 22 seasons.

Get this, EIGHT full seasons at first. EIGHT. The rest at DH.

Who got elected? A dude who was a consistent hitter who did it for a long time, or a dude who in todays game is Logan Morrison?

Comment

• Tigers are slightly changing unis I hear.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  Morris always had the title of best pitcher of the 80s as the lynch pin of his argument, the retort from the purists was that the decade of the 80s didn't produce many great pitchers. He was the kind of pitcher hurt by the 5 man rotation, he has 254 wins, 300 wins was considered the requirement and a lot of the old timers held on for 300.

The 4 rings with three teams is a pretty great achievement on top of his accomplishments.
                  If he was the best pitcher of the 80's (I strongly disagree) ... that's a horrific decade for pitchers. I guess the many who were better than him only did it for a portion of the decade
                  WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by kreton View Post
                    Tigers are slightly changing unis I hear.
                    They are making the cap English "D" and the jersey "D" the same. They were different.
                    GO LIONS "19" !!

Take us to the promised land Matthew.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                      I guess the many who were better than him only did it for a portion of the decade
                      That's kinda the thrust of it. The first few years of the 80's were still Steve Carlton's reign and the latter part of the decade saw the beginnings of the Maddux/Glavine/Smoltz triumverate.

Saying Morris was the "Best of the 80s" isn't terribly impressive when you see some of the players who were starters through the entirety of that period. I mean, MY personal "Best of the 80s" (Orel Hershiser) didn't technically start his career until 1983.

https://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/20...stieb-and-most (Warning: NSFC*) ((Not Safe for CGVT))
                      Last edited by chemiclord; January 25th, 2018, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                        That's kinda the thrust of it. The first few years of the 80's were still Steve Carlton's reign and the latter part of the decade saw the beginnings of the Maddux/Glavine/Smoltz triumverate.

Saying Morris was the "Best of the 80s" isn't terribly impressive when you see some of the players who were starters through the entirety of that period. I mean, MY personal "Best of the 80s" (Orel Hershiser) didn't technically start his career until 1983.

https://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/20...stieb-and-most (Warning: NSFC*) ((Not Safe for CGVT))
                        Clemens, Gooden and Stieb were the guys who jumped into my mind ... but there were a lot.
                        WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                          Ok, I usually don't care about this shit, but Thome has to be the best case study for the HOF ever.

600+ dingers. 22 seasons.

Get this, EIGHT full seasons at first. EIGHT. The rest at DH.

Who got elected? A dude who was a consistent hitter who did it for a long time, or a dude who in todays game is Logan Morrison?
                          I don't know how long Martinez' career would have even been without the DH as he only survived 3 seasons without a significant injury when he had to play the field.

As for Thome, he played the field till he was 34, and by that time he already had what? 400 of those 600 HR's?

Comment

• It doesn't hurt Thome that he is a likable good ole country boy. These are human beings making these votes.
                            The Detroit Lions... where eleven men on the field is merely a suggestion.

Comment

• Thome is a no doubt hall of famer.

Comment

• Is The King trying to equate Thome to Logan Morrison? There is only nearly a .200 difference in career OPS. Thome finished with a .956 OPS, Morrison has never topped .900 in a season.

Comment

Working...
                                X