Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
    Jake Rogers is raking in Erie with 5 HR and a slash line of .297/.429/.541

Maybe he has figured something out. He is already considered a top level defensive catcher. Should crack the top 100 list mid season report

Rogers has been promoted.

Soon, I think we’ll see Manning to Toledo too as long as he doesn’t randomly fall off a cliff.
    AAL 2018 - Teez Tabor

Comment

• Yeah those guys will be in Detroit pretty quickly, in the meantime we'll see Mize being wasted down on the farm for 12 more months.

Comment

• Mlb.com updated it's prospect list and Mize is at #6. 4 above him are in the majors so by the next update he should be #2. Manning, Perez and Parades made their top 100 but not Rogers.

https://www.mlive.com/tigers/2019/05...-prospect.html

Comment

• Anyone see JV's interview with Morris? He reflected on how close they came to winning it all and that maybe someday he'll win one in Detroit. It's doubtful, but it shows he's at least thought that a return is possible. He'll be a FA in 2022 and I believe 40, but it's nice to dream.

btw, Rogers hit a home run and a double in his Toledo debut

Comment

• Rogers is 24, he's supposed to be able to handle AA ball by now.

Comment

• I'll never forget that year Kenny Rogers had for us on the mound. He was unbeatable going into post season.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I always thought the week long layoff in both WS trips hurt us. Verlander confirmed that. He said he thought that was the main reason we never won.

Baseball is all momentum. It's a grind. Day after day. To go a week without game action really is a negative.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                  Rogers is 24, he's supposed to be able to handle AA ball by now.
                  Also a C and they take longer to develop.
                  2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Is it time to move on from Cabrera yet? I'm not hip to baseball contracts, but money aside, he hasn't been very good for a while not to mention the injuries. I don't see him being much of a draw anymore.
                    Rebuilding is better than winning. Teams win all the time, but none have been rebuilding for five decades

Comment

• They owe him too much money. Nobody is going to take his salary and even if they did, the players received in a trade would not be worth moving him.

Sort of the same situation as VMart his last 2 seasons
                      The Detroit Lions... where eleven men on the field is merely a suggestion.

Comment

• Oh yeah. We're so screwed with that contract. If I were him I'd show up for every single dollar of that contract.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Yep, 4 yrs and 124 million owed after this year. There are 2 vesting years after that but no way in hell is he top 10 in mvp voting at age 40 so he won't get those years. He is stuck in Det

Comment

• It's so strange to see these MLB guys fall off a cliff now after the steroid era. All of a sudden guys like Votto/Miggy have no power. Well, they are 35. That's what happens.

Only time will rid us of the Zimmerman/Miggy deals.

Comment

• When you get into your mid 50's and see the modern players with all these advantages they have with sports medicine, training regimens, etc - you look back at what Hank Aaron did at this age and get an even greater appreciation for the fact you saw this guy play. 200 HR's between age 35 and 39, and didn't have the luxury of just being a DH.

Comment

• Aaron was my non Tiger hero as a kid. Hard to fathom but imho he is underrated. Mantle and May's cards fetch a lot more $. Seeing 715 is a memory etched in my memory. I still have the SI poster of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X