No announcement yet.

Tigers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone get Randy Smith on the phone to handle this one! I knew it would help us one day.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• They don't need Randy, they have his spiritual successor in Al Avila.

Comment

• Yawn.

I'm thinking we could get SD to offer a mega haul. Boyd with 3 more years of control works for them. They are paying big money to Manny/Hosmer/Myers.

Their farm is just insane. It's so deep. Plus, they could move guys like Renfroe and Reyes, both on 40 homer pace this year. Not a huge fan of either of those guys personally.

any deal that starts with Urias and more prospects works for me. Urias is a 2B who is ready. Elite contact skills and developing power. Could be a better Placido.

Comment

• There’s not a chance in hell SD gives up Urias for Boyd. Don’t get me wrong I’d be doing backflips but he’s their crown jewel of positional players.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Did n't Houston have the best system when the Tigers gifted them Verlander?

Comment

• Credit Avila for getting a subscription to the jelly of the month club for Verlander.

Its the gift that keeps on giving Clark
              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• True

Comment

• I looked up Urias' stats. Seems like his plate discipline is going the wrong way. Nice SB:CS ratio btw
                  WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                    I looked up Urias' stats. Seems like his plate discipline is going the wrong way. Nice SB:CS ratio btw
                    If they can swing Urias man I'd do that in a heartbeat. I'd give them everyone that's on the block for him. He's SD 2B of the future only because they already are set at short. In Det he could slide to SS and be a .300 hitter.

Make that trade all day long but I can't imagine SD would do it.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Well, if they can't swing Urias, then the Tigers need to trade Boyd for lesser prospects. It's that simple. Gotta slash payroll! Gotta pocket that cash!

Comment

• That's been the mantra of the Tigers since the 90s in this situation trade the player no matter the prospects in return. Radar Randy traded anyone of note and those prospects instantly "helped" the farm system in the BA ratings. But that was the extent of their help. find the 6th and 11th best prospect in any team's system and that's your best case return.

Everyone dreams of Anderson for Bagwell, but the team trading for the star is on firmer ground. People remember Alexander for Smoltz because it's pretty rare.

Comment

• Hello, 30 games below .500 after losing tonight to Kansas City Royals on the road, 4-1.

When will this team be good, or even average again??

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                          My friend Ken L

Comment

• Correction: the Tigers are 31 games below .500, with a record of 28-59.

They still stink, unfortunately.

My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              That's been the mantra of the Tigers since the 90s in this situation trade the player no matter the prospects in return. Radar Randy traded anyone of note and those prospects instantly "helped" the farm system in the BA ratings. But that was the extent of their help. find the 6th and 11th best prospect in any team's system and that's your best case return.

Everyone dreams of Anderson for Bagwell, but the team trading for the star is on firmer ground. People remember Alexander for Smoltz because it's pretty rare.
                              Yep. Talk up the importance of the farm... sell off anyone who might ask for money... talk up the farm... keep duping the rubes with eternal promises of a rebuild coming from that replenished farm... pocket the cash... sell off those farm pieces before they might ask for more money... talk up the farm... pocket the cash from the rubes...

It's what he did before, it's what he's doing now.

There is no rebuild. There never will be a rebuild. And Tigers fans are falling for it.

AGAIN.
                              Last edited by chemiclord; July 13th, 2019, 09:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

Yep. Talk up the importance of the farm... sell off anyone who might ask for money... talk up the farm... keep duping the rubes with eternal promises of a rebuild coming from that replenished farm... pocket the cash... sell off those farm pieces before they might ask for more money... talk up the farm... pocket the cash from the rubes...

It's what he did before, it's what he's doing now.

There is no rebuild. There never will be a rebuild. And Tigers fans are falling for it.

AGAIN.
                                My friend Ken L

Comment

Working...
                                X