No announcement yet.

Tigers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greene is certainly making Avila look like a HoF. He’s been getting battered in ATL and has been removed from the closers spot.

F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Avila is the master of selling high on relievers. Justin Wilson fell apart after being traded to the Cubs
      The Detroit Lions... where eleven men on the field is merely a suggestion.

Comment

• Shane was due for major regression. He just imploded at the right time for us.

Wentz went 5.0, 2 ER, 0 BB, 9K tonight.

He's been solid so far. Needs to cut down on BB, but he has the talent. A 6'5" lefty with three plus pitches? I will take that over Shane all day.

Comment

• Jones (Soria trade) appears to be out for the year with a wrist injury. Never thought much of him. Nobody really in the pipeline unless we call up some of the 24-25 year old top 40 guys we have. Whatever.

Comment

• Jones isn’t going to ever be a bluechip but they say he’s a true baseball player. It’s always good to have guys like that in the locker room.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Fulmer definitely needs to change some things up right? There’s no way he comes back next year with the same delivery. Anyone think he can reach his ceiling or is he bound for injury after injury?
              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Never been a Fulmer fan. Never thought he was an ace. With his body and delivery, it's not shocking he blew out his arm. I would have traded him when we had the chance.

I guess he can still contribute. He's not the only guy with TJ these days.

I think you keep him as a SP and take what you get from him. Maybe he rebuilds value, maybe not.

Comment

• I was drinking the Koolaid his rookie year. He was really good. I thought we were crazy even considering it. In hindsight we missed the boat.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• He was really good, but never a big fan of a guy with bad delivery throwing a lot of sliders. I didn't see an ace and based on our timeline, he was an easy sell. There's rumors now we could have had Bregman or Torres for him. Who knows? It doesn't really even matter at this point. We kept him and he blew his arm out. Hopefully he comes back and gives us some value. He's a solid mid rotation guy.

Comment

• Mize/Manning/Skubal.

Faedo/Burrrows/Wentz. Perez/Fulmer/Funkhouser.

Turnbull looks legit. One of few positives from this year. Looks like a solid 4/5 SP.

We have arms. Some will bust and some will/have been hurt. But that's a great start.

Having cheap arms on 7 year deals is huge. You get those guys for cheap when they still throw bullets. Trade bait, bullpen arms, SP depth. Whatever. We will have $ for cheap vet bats. You can get late 20's/early 30's guys for cheap. Keep hoarding prospects. Most likely #1 pick next June. This is how you rebuild in baseball. We're bascially getting cheap labor for 7 years on every single rookie deal.

Comment

• Don't forget about Boyd. That's a decent bunch of starters for such a shit team right now. Anyone thing Chris will spend some money
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                          He was really good, but never a big fan of a guy with bad delivery throwing a lot of sliders. I didn't see an ace and based on our timeline, he was an easy sell. There's rumors now we could have had Bregman or Torres for him. Who knows? It doesn't really even matter at this point. We kept him and he blew his arm out. Hopefully he comes back and gives us some value. He's a solid mid rotation guy.
                          I remember the Torres rumors back then as well. What could have been with that one but honestly I don't blame Avila for that one. Can you imagine being in the position of trading an all star / rookie of the year candidate? Thats easier said than done because those types don't just fall in your lap every year. Its tough trading a rookie that looks like they could be a staffs ace and bonafide all star.

Oh well. Hopefully he comes back strong and we either have 2 great trade chips in Boyd and Fulmer or we have one of the better young pitching staffs / pitching prospects in MLB. Everything will fall into the lap of Chris I if he doesn't spend any money on positional players.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• It’s bound to happen with arms, but I’m glad we have a ton of them. Fulmer is like a wildcard. Perez is another. Skubal broke out. Turnbull looks legit.

Then there’s always moving arms to the bullpen/long relief. Trade bait. You always need arms.

Comment

• You're paying major league prices for this shit, Tigers fans.

https://www.mlb.com/mariners/news/ky...mers-vs-tigers

And it's never going to get better as long as Chris I. owns this team and runs it on the cheap. Divorce yourselves from this shit franchise until he sells.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                                You're paying major league prices for this shit, Tigers fans.

https://www.mlb.com/mariners/news/ky...mers-vs-tigers

And it's never going to get better as long as Chris I. owns this team and runs it on the cheap. Divorce yourselves from this shit franchise until he sells.
                                How in the hell are there that many people there. That’s ridiculous that people are still showimg up for games.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X