Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tigers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I'm so glad Todd Jones and Grilli are gone!!!!
    F#*K OHIO!!!

    Comment


    • #32
      I acquit players who are honest about it even after telling lies, baseball is to accept the majority blame for this, not the guy who took them without any fear of penaltly.

      Look at the Tigers, do you think former weak hitting shortstop turned 25+home run hitting Brandon Inge didn't juice? Mags? Pudge? Sheff? They all did it.
      Last edited by Deuce; February 9th, 2009, 07:38 PM.
      The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

      Comment


      • #33
        A-Rod lied about it once .... emphatically. That makes him a liar. However, it appears he doesn't want to live that lie and came clean.

        I'll give him those kudos. Couldn't have been easy.
        Forever One!

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
          A-Rod lied about it once .... emphatically. That makes him a liar. However, it appears he doesn't want to live that lie and came clean.

          I'll give him those kudos. Couldn't have been easy.
          Sure it was. He keeps lying and he becomes Bonds and Clemens, a pariah of the game and the general public.

          It took zero courage to admit it to it now.

          Comment


          • #35
            I think there are a lot of guys who would lawyer up and deny deny deny ... I'm glad he went the other way and I think it says something about his character in a good way.

            You don't have to agree.
            Forever One!

            Comment


            • #36
              Chemiclord's world is black and white, he doesn't agree.

              Comment


              • #37
                I think the point is...as Mass and I both said, and neither of you will admit...nothing was proven. I mean, to the public, in the sense of some sort of formal ascertainment of guilt. He wasn't suspended for violating a steroid policy. He wasn't convicted by a court. He didn't have the results posted by a sanctioned lab. SI's four sources are all anonymous; nobody, not baseball, not a DA, has come out and said, "A-Rod did it." Therefore, he had the same plausible deniability as the other hundreds of guys who were named in the Mitchell report or in a Canseco book or any other informal accusation. He chose to forego that and incriminate himself. That's what makes this refreshing.
                I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

                Comment


                • #38
                  He tested positive for a steroid substance on documents seized by the federal government.

                  I think that constitutes as proof. Whether or not the leak was moral or proper or not is irrelevant.

                  Sure, he could have denied it like Clemens and Bonds, and he would have wound up in the boat they are in.

                  I give him credit for taking it like a man when he pretty much had no choice to; but I'm not going to be impressed by something that took absolutely no courage to do. Had he done this 5 years ago when there was no reason to be upfront, then it would be a different matter.

                  Right now; too little too late, as far as I'm concerned.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    You still don't get it.
                    Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                    He tested positive for a steroid substance on documents seized by the federal government.
                    Says who?
                    You see what I'm saying?
                    No PERSON was identified as saying he or she had seen that document. He could have kept denying, and it would have stayed gray.
                    Unlike ALL of his peers, he copped.
                    In fact--shit, I never do this. Ever. Within minutes of finding out about it, I looked up his fanmail e mail on the net and sent him a supportive fan letter.
                    That is how important truth is. And who cares what the circumstances were that led him to come clean? He did it. He didn't have to. But, unlike his brain dead peers, he decided it beat the alternative. Truth beat doubt.
                    I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by gjdodger View Post
                      You still don't get it.

                      Says who?
                      You see what I'm saying?
                      No PERSON was identified as saying he or she had seen that document. He could have kept denying, and it would have stayed gray.
                      No, it wouldn't have stayed gray.

                      Clemens counted on it staying gray.

                      Bonds counted on it staying gray.

                      It didn't. People started coming out of the woodwork, information continued to get leaked, and now they're living in a world of denial with a general public that hates them both.

                      That was the road A-Fraud saw. He knew the jig was up, and to keep playing the denial game wasn't going to end well. So he finally copped after he felt he had no choice but to minimize the damage. That's not courage or integrity. He's no better than any fool finally caught in a lie.

                      He's spinning for public approval now.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        With Clemens and Bonds it still is gray. There's a good chance that the evidence against Bonds gets tossed.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Interesting analogy on the radio. Compared A-Rod using steriods in '03 (no MLB rules for it?) to his pals using ritalin to prepare for/pass his board exams.

                          Almost everyone will do what it takes to gain an edge.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            With Clemens and Bonds it still is gray. There's a good chance that the evidence against Bonds gets tossed.
                            Bonds may be able to eject evidence by lawyer's tricks... but the damage really is already done. Same with Clemens. They used. Even Bonds has indirectly admitted his Body by BALCO. His defense (bear in mind) is that he didn't know what he was taking was steroids.

                            They're just trying to weasel out of legal culpability at this point.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                              No, it wouldn't have stayed gray.

                              Clemens counted on it staying gray.

                              Bonds counted on it staying gray.

                              It didn't. People started coming out of the woodwork, information continued to get leaked, and now they're living in a world of denial with a general public that hates them both.

                              That was the road A-Fraud saw. He knew the jig was up, and to keep playing the denial game wasn't going to end well. So he finally copped after he felt he had no choice but to minimize the damage. That's not courage or integrity. He's no better than any fool finally caught in a lie.

                              He's spinning for public approval now.
                              And he's got it. You seem unhappy about that.
                              I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                                Bonds may be able to eject evidence by lawyer's tricks... but the damage really is already done. Same with Clemens. They used. Even Bonds has indirectly admitted his Body by BALCO. His defense (bear in mind) is that he didn't know what he was taking was steroids.

                                They're just trying to weasel out of legal culpability at this point.
                                If he's not thrown in jail, the damage isn't done.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X