Tigers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Topic: Tigers

Pitchers and catchers report here in a few weeks. I'm pretty excited about this team. I like the fact Inge is happy and back at third, we have a SS that can actually play short and rollercoaster isnt on the squad.

I like the Edwin Jackson pickup (some say he throws a lot like Verlander) and Lyon could be huge if he's on. Z is supposedly looking good in long toss.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

I'm very happy Inge is going to be the everyday third baseman. Now if he could get his bat going.
    ------------
    <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

They say he's looking on the muscular side. Sounds like he's ready to kill the ball. I hope Z regains some form. We need him
      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Where's Carlos goint to play? DH?

I agree on Edwin Jackson, I am not sold that Joyce is the real deal anyhow.
        The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

They have Carlos in LF. And Van Slyke said the other day that he's going to be a very good LF. The best the Tigs have seen in years.

Can you imagine how this staff would look if D Train would find his stuff again?

Verlander/Gallaraga/Bonderman/Willis/Jackson

We wouldnt even have room for Nate Dog but he might look really good in the pen. Speaking of the BP I'm hoping Rincon shows something. He used to be great in Minny as a setup man for Nathan.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

You'll never confuse the talent of Verlander with Edwin Jackson. Maybe if Jackson found a compass.

Comment

It was something that V had said about them being very similar that got me on that track.

What's everyone think of Lyon? I've never really seen him pitch
              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

I know we have to have his bat in the line-up, but I'm not certain about Carlos in LF.

However, I didn't care for him at third last year initially, but he really became quite good after manning the posit for a while.

I was biased also, because I felt Inge had displayed near gold-glove abilities, and shouldn't have been removed.
                ------------
                <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

I think people are hoping the reduced stress of the outfield will turn him back into a .300/.400/.500 guy, which is good at any position, but I don't know. Some guys fall from their peak pretty quickly.
                  I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

I'd rather see Lyon than the Rollercoaster - but that doesn't mean I have the warm and fuzzies over Lyon as Closer.

I do think it's kind of funny that all the emphasis we have put in pitching during the draft is netting us nothing coming through the system to fill roles in the pitching staff the last 2 seasons. Our 40 man roster is littered with players who have come from other organizations the last 2 seasons:

Seay
                    Rapada
                    Miner
                    McBride
                    Jackson
                    Galarraga
                    Lambert
                    Lyon
                    Bloom
                    Simons

In fact Freddy Dolsi and Rick Porcello (who isn't ready) are the only homegrown pitchers that we have drafted that we have on the 40 man roster since Verlander and Zumaya came up with the team breaking ST in 2006. Thats disturbing with the amount of resources they have put into the pitching department in the draft.

The bullpen doesn't look any better to me than it was last season - which means there is gonna be a heavy reliance on the starters to give a lot of quality outings - and deep starts at that.

The direction this season takes may very well be shaped by Bondo's first two to three outings - and what happens to him in the first and second innings in those outings. That has been his Achilles heel his entire career to this point.

Comment

Another sub .500 season is upon them....yawn.
                      AKA Dave Lubin

Comment

Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                        I'd rather see Lyon than the Rollercoaster - but that doesn't mean I have the warm and fuzzies over Lyon as Closer.

I do think it's kind of funny that all the emphasis we have put in pitching during the draft is netting us nothing coming through the system to fill roles in the pitching staff the last 2 seasons. Our 40 man roster is littered with players who have come from other organizations the last 2 seasons:

Seay
                        Rapada
                        Miner
                        McBride
                        Jackson
                        Galarraga
                        Lambert
                        Lyon
                        Bloom
                        Simons

In fact Freddy Dolsi and Rick Porcello (who isn't ready) are the only homegrown pitchers that we have drafted that we have on the 40 man roster since Verlander and Zumaya came up with the team breaking ST in 2006. Thats disturbing with the amount of resources they have put into the pitching department in the draft.

The bullpen doesn't look any better to me than it was last season - which means there is gonna be a heavy reliance on the starters to give a lot of quality outings - and deep starts at that.

The direction this season takes may very well be shaped by Bondo's first two to three outings - and what happens to him in the first and second innings in those outings. That has been his Achilles heel his entire career to this point.

Aren't there a couple relievers in the minors that look like they have a chance to make the roster this year? Casey Fien?
                        "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

There are a bunch of power RP arms in the low minors right. Casey Fien looks like he will have a very good chance of coming north (as of right now). There is also Ryan Perry the #1 draft choice of 2008. Satterwhite is another guy that might get a look see.

It's not surprising there are not a lot of pitchers on the 40 man roster since the 2006 draft. Porcello signed a major league contract so he had to be on the 40 man. Same deal with Andrew Miller too.
                          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
                            I was biased also, because I felt Inge had displayed near gold-glove abilities, and shouldn't have been removed.
                            yeah I agree. I was unhappy with that move from day 1. Inge is the man at 3rd
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Cunningham View Post
                              Another sub .500 season is upon them....yawn.
                              Wow.. Are you serious? I think this team has a real chance at the division.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X