New Members - Welcome! Check in here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CaptainBlue View Post
    What is it a newbie has to do to get on the good side of this forum?
    For pete's sake.

My suggestion would be to continue to state your opinion and ignore those who seem intent on questioning the motives for your opinion instead of actually addressing your opinion. But engaging in mudslinging yourself (calling them a troll back, for instance) means you're on your own. In which case, you shouldn't post these "poor me" types of questions.

I gotta say, I welcome you here and hope you continue to post your opinions, but I'm growing tired of having to deal with this situation.
    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• another thing NOT to do Captainblue is constantly belabor the same point. While we are all sometimes guilty of that (me going round and round with CG about the Calvin non-catch back in 2010, for example) doing that constantly especially throughout multiple threads will annoy other members.
      Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• FWIW I always viewed different forums as their own versions of local watering holes or corner bars. Each has their own personality, traditions, superstitions and other unique characteristics. When I go into an establishment, real or cyber, I try to measure the tempo of the group or see how things are done and then contribute. I try to do that in a way consistent with the established pattern. Sort of a merging into existing traffic flow approach. I have seen folks who come in, try to dominate conversation or tell everyone they're wrong and that is more the "Go to the far left lane no matter who or what is in the lanes between you" approach. Everyone brings their own flavor here but they assimilate in to the culture rather than hijack it.
        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• CapnBlue,

If you are going to get stuck on a topic, tell these idgits over and over again how SUCKASS AND ROLLOVER will forever hinder this program. The moment they are replaced, good things will happen.

At least repeat a valid point.
          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• BTW, if you can't merge in with the traffic flow, maybe the room isn't the right one for you. Not everything is one size fits all.
            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
              BTW, if you can't merge in with the traffic flow, maybe the room isn't the right one for you. Not everything is one size fits all.
              That's a good point. I'll keep that in mind if things don't improve.

Comment

• New Girl saying hi with a joke to boot

Hi,
                I wanted to stop by and say hi. The Lions are one of my pics for this week, wishing you a great season!
                [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR0aDz9BkkQ&feature=share&list=ULPR0aDz9Bk kQ"]Hot Girls NFL Week 4 picks - YouTube[/ame]
                Don't worry, I'm not selling anything.

Here's a joke for a laugh! ;-)

A psychiatrist was conducting a group therapy session with three young mothers and their small children.
                "You all have obsessions," he observed.
                To the first mother, he said, "You are obsessed with eating. You've even named your daughter Candy."
                He turned to the second mom. "Your obsession is money. Again, it manifests itself in your child's name, Penny."
                At this point, the third mother got up, took her little boy by the hand and whispered, "Come on, Dick, let's go."

Comment

• Well hello there Jen, don't be a stranger.....
                  Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by CaptainBlue View Post
                    I'll keep that in mind if things don't improve.
                    Bring a sense of humor. Be prepared to laugh, especially at yourself. And if you disagree with someone about something, don't let that spill over into all future interactions with that poster. Everyone has opinions, you may disagree, but that's okay. It isn't likely that others will change, so I'd suggest changing how you perceive others. Most of these poor folks are certifiably insane, but hey, sanity is really kind of dull.

Remember the words of Sgt. Hulka: "Lighten up, Francis."
                    NFC North -- Home of bad to mediocre football.

Comment

• Just be yourself CaptainBlue. I don't know when this Forum acquired so many rules, proper etiquette proceedures, blah, blah, blah.............We're all different and all post in different manners. It's what makes us great.
                      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Just be yourself CaptainBlue.
                        Unless you're schizo

Comment

• ...bi-polar or regular, run of the mill, plain old psycho.
                          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Are you a fat ugly kilt wearing bastard Capblue? No? Ah well....., you've feck all to worry about.
                            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• FWIW Captain, every single one of us on here has our own idiosyncrasies. You did nothing wrong in the sense of being inflammatory. You are new and have your own style of posting. It might of rubbed some wrong. So what? Thats what the forum is all about. We'll get used to it and you'll get used to us. 10,000 posts later and you'll be laughing about all this. BTW, As far as I know, no one has ever been banned from this forum. People leave on their own and that is their choice. Remember this. It is your choice to respond to others posts and it is their choice to respond to yours. No one makes anyone say or do anything on here.
                              Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• Spammers (real spammers that post virus links pimping inane products) and bots get banned.
                                2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

Working...
                                X