No announcement yet.

Forumites and their Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, you guys made me do it. This is my pack.

Mother on the left, Father on the right, 2-year old pup in the middle. Tail and ear lopping is verboten in Australia. A good thing.

Comment

• Those puppies must keep you going to the feed store!

That's a lot of dogs to feed.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Good looking crew DRC! They haven't missed too many meals, have they? ;)

Comment

• Goog looking dogs, are they rotties?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
          "Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate and doubt, to offer a solution everybody can understand."
          Colin Powell

Comment

• Great looking dogs there, DRC. Mum & Pup look like they may enjoy trips to the park......., but daddy dog, "Nah, man, Fk that shit. I'm gonna stay here and lick my balls!"
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Hi all, yes, those money pits are rottweilers. They eat a lot, and I'm guilty of spoiling them. They get walked almost every day, and the three of them are the stars of the neighborhood when we're out together.

Comment

• I can see why. Especially if they are well behaved.

For some reason or another, people are impressed with well behaved dogs and it only takes patience and love for them to behave well.

Comment

• Originally posted by DetroitRockCity View Post
                  Okay, you guys made me do it. This is my pack.

Mother on the left, Father on the right, 2-year old pup in the middle. Tail and ear lopping is verboten in Australia. A good thing.

Did anyone else wonder about this? I finally looked it up. This is about why some animal's eyes will glow in the dark.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=96414364

A large number of animals have the tapetum lucidum, including deer, dogs, cats, cattle, horses and ferrets. Humans don't, and neither do some other primates. Squirrels, kangaroos and pigs don't have the tapeta, either.

And not all eyes animals' glow the same color. Powell says this is due to different substances — like riboflavin or zinc — in an animal's tapetum. "Also," she says, "there are varying amounts of pigment within the retina, and that can affect the color." Age and other factors also can change the color, so even two dogs of the same species could have eyes that glow different colors.

Cats often have eyes that glow bright green, though Siamese cats' eyes often glow bright yellow. Cat tapeta also tend to reflect a little bit more than dogs, Powell says.

"One of my favorites are miniature schnauzers," she says, which have eyes that tend to glow turquoise. "It's really beautiful."
                  Last edited by bimmer84; November 29, 2015, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• I was guessing that Apple was getting together with Nike to make the new color Du jour.

Comment

• I remember one time when my brother's Chesapeake Bay Retriever slit the underside of his belly on barbed wire one weekend up at our cabin. He kept right on jumping in the river and retrieving sticks and running around like crazy. I think he ended up needing something like 30 stitches. He was such an amazing dog.
                      2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by DetroitRockCity View Post
                        Hi all, yes, those money pits are rottweilers. They eat a lot, and I'm guilty of spoiling them. They get walked almost every day, and the three of them are the stars of the neighborhood when we're out together.
                        I just spent Thanksgiving weekend with at my cousins house, the home of Fitz. Half Roweiler, half australian shephard. What a loveable fun loving dog. Great energy and loves to snuggle.
                        Forever One!

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
                          Did anyone else wonder about this? I finally looked it up. This is about why some animal's eyes will glow in the dark.
                          http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=96414364
                          That's what they want you to believe. That trio is definitely the ancestry of this:
                          jawa.jpg

Getting it on with this:

snoop.jpg
                          Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• I hope you're not comparing my dogs to Plaxico Buress.

Comment

• How bizarre Marko, I'm sure I heard somebody talking/read about somebodys dog eating socks and having issues a couple of weeks ago (I think it may have been Paul Hawksbee on Talksport). I'm guessing it's not uncommon then, first I'd heard about it though. Hopefully she's on the mend.
                              AAL Quintez Cephus
                              If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Yes, it's quite common for pups to eat anything they see really. Had a Labrador years ago, (God rest your soul, Oscar) ....., he ate control knobs for Zanussi washing machines and thermostatic radiator valve heads. Strange guy!
                                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Working...
                                X