No announcement yet.

Forumites and their Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girlfriend posts uncomplimentary remarks about her boyfriends parents on social media, presumably knowing that they will read them?

Well, isn't she a gem.

Comment

• Sorry to hear that, Mark.
      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
        Girlfriend posts uncomplimentary remarks about her boyfriends parents on social media, presumably knowing that they will read them?

Well, isn't she a gem.
        What's worse is after just checking the remarks, her Step Father has entered into the insults.

I had to respond to set them both straight but, did so in a non condescending manner and suggested their anger was displaced and should be toward the dog and not the ones that tried to retrieve her.
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Sounds as if Tailgunner needs a reality check, Mark.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I'm going to assume his behavior was heavily influenced by the distress of possibly losing his dog forever. I think I would be freaking out, too. But he owes you a big apology.
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Just my 2 cents worth: The anger needs to be with the dog's owner (tailgunner) for not training the dog.

When the dog does get out, have you tried food to bring her back? I had a lab that always thought it was a huge play session when I would try to catch him so I used milkbones to lure him in.

Also, just as an aside, we had a guy at work that would scold his dog when he came back after getting out of the yard and even swat the dog. He never quite cottoned on to the fact that the dog thought he was being punished for coming back home.
              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• It's not like you were sitting on your couch in the living room eating popcorn and placed the call to him, "Hey Tailgunner, just thought you should know, the dog ran away. Oh yea, I would look for it, but Matlock is on. Yea, I haven't seen this one in almost two weeks. So I'm going to watch this, and maybe the one after it, and I'll go out later. I'm sure the dog will be fine."

You were out, you chased it down a few times, it kept getting away.

I have bassets, and they are a known breed for taking off. They just put their nose down and when they look up they are blocks from home. I invested in a shock collar, because Walter wouldnt listen to me as soon as he got off his lead (just like Tailgunner's dog). Well, we got the whole system worked out nice and quick. In a matter of 30 days, I had to hit him with the collar maybe half a dozen times. He isn't an idiot, and got the message.

Just sounds like the dog needs more training.
                AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• Originally posted by Islair View Post
                  Just sounds like the dog needs more training.
                  As well as the potential future in-laws.

Comment

• Understatement by Deborah there......., he owes you a MASSIVE apology. My God if I said "Fk you" to my dad, he'd make a point of getting the dog and ramming it up my ass, before punching me clean out.

My two cents worth is that there is something else bothering Tailgunner. Seems way too extreme a reaction. I used to have a wee Cairn Terrier that would escape every chance it got......., it was inconvenient, but never did I lose the plot like what TG clearly done.
                    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• That's a crazy story. TG and his girl both acted like jerks!
                      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Cooler heads and apology's seem in order to you Mark.

Airing out family drama on FB is always a bad idea, and sorry to say Mark it might show some character issues of his gf and her step Father. Having said that people can say things when really angry, funny but I rarely use profanity in 'real' life besides an occasional yell at the tv during football, or if I bang my thumb with a hammer. No kidding.

Having said that I came home one day after work as a teen I think I was 17 and my childhood dog didn't greet me at the door? I ask my Dad where she was? (she had been sick). Well my Dad had her put down, and planned on it while I was gone knowing I would have a fit. And I did, I took it out on my Dad at first (yelled for a while) then I think I tore my room apart. Probably glad FB wasn't around.

Comment

• [ame]http://youtu.be/YersIyzsOpc[/ame]
                          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Wow Mark, you've got a lot more restraint than me. My reaction would probably be closer to Marko's Dad.
                            2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                              That needs locked up and the key thrown away.
                              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• There is a whole series of them online. By the looks of the other videos he comes from a very well to do family. Probably a little spoiled.
                                AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                                2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                                3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                                4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                                5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                                6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                                7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

Working...
                                X