Forumites and their Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lab is an excellent choice.

I can see what that dog is thinking......."OK, you guys want some of my dinner?.....not sure there is enough to share, though."
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Awww!!! Hi, Boone!!! Hope he has a long and healthy life with your family!!
      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Thanks, all.

We got him yesterday.

The people that had him before us didn't let him in the house. He's getting used to us quickly and is well on his way to being house broken already. It is good to have the kids home on break, he is getting a lot of attention and training. Like most Labs he is smart as a whip and anxious to make us happy.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
          Thanks, all.

We got him yesterday.

The people that had him before us didn't let him in the house. He's getting used to us quickly and is well on his way to being house broken already. It is good to have the kids home on break, he is getting a lot of attention and training. Like most Labs he is smart as a whip and anxious to make us happy.
          Went with a friend to his uncle's place up in Oscoda and his cousin had a black lab and I commented that he seemed like a pretty smart dog. Later on the dog was in their pond with his head in the water trying to bite the fish. His uncle looked at me, pointed at the dog and said "do you still think he is smart?".
          Last edited by edindetroit; December 21, 2017, 05:09 PM.
          "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
            Another tidbit about Rosie and Lola.

They have started engaging in a game that I have dubbed "Cookie Wars".

Before I leave the house in the morning, each dog is given a "Cookie". It is really a dog biscuit but hey, what do they know.

Neither dog will immediately eat the cookie as they are aware this is a signal I am leaving. They both wait until I get home before they will consume their cookie. However, they spend the day trying to steal the others cookie.

Neither one of them will directly confront the other. What they do is wait until the other leaves their cookie unattended then steal it and stash it where they keep their own. They have even taken it to the level where one will rush to the window barking as if there is a stranger at the door and when the other is consumed with looking for the danger, steal the cookie to stash. It is understood by both that if they are laying next to their cookies that it belongs to them and can not be hijacked.

I sometimes get to witness this comedy for about half an hour after I get home until one or the other decides it is time to eat their cookie then, that marks the end of the game. I also make sure that they both get theirs and the winner of the war does not get the spoils while the other goes without.

Our dogs do this with hooves. It's hilarious to see three dogs wanting them, hoarding them and losing them to the others in a veil attempt to gather all at the same time.
            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
              Thanks, all.

We got him yesterday.

I wanted to ask how you came to adopt him but didn't want to be pushy lol. Sounds like you rescued him from a lonely life. Glad he is a quick study!! Retrievers (both lab and golden) are the best!!!
              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• They guy that had him got a job on a tug that kept him away from home 20 out of 30 days. His parents were caring for the dog and they decided the best thing for him was to find another home for him. We were lucky to be at the right place at the right time.

We started by looking to adopt a shelter dog and we looked for quite a while We wanted a Lab/Lab mix, but were concerned with what the mix would be. There are so damn many Pit Bulls around here that almost every shelter dog had some pit blood and that was a deal breaker for us.

I know. It's the owner not the dog, blah, blah, blah, but I don't buy that line of thought when it comes to Pit Bulls and we decided that this was the best way to go for us. YMMV
                Last edited by CGVT; December 21, 2017, 10:43 AM.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I hear you and feel similarly.

Boone is very lucky you were at the right place at the right time!!
                  #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Congrats on the new canine addition.
                    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Congratulations CGTV. NOW if someone steps on your lawn you can just laugh your arse off
                      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                        Congrats on the new canine addition.
                        Thanks, Gonz

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/FVDintheMHC/status/944996033133776902[/ame]
                          Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• haha! Such cuties!!!
                            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Meet Boone. He's a 4 month old yellow Lab. The kids are in love already.

Comment

• We took the dog into the pool to teach him to swim a couple days ago. At first we had to grab him and walk around with him like you would with a toddler. He eventually started to swim back and forth between my son and me.

This was this afternoon. He's starting to get it.

[ame]https://youtu.be/kcd1ht9_VM8[/ame]
                                Last edited by CGVT; May 24, 2018, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X