No announcement yet.

Favorite songs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you guys are at all interested in how these songs get made, there is a youtuber who does a series of videos called "What makes this song great". He somehow acquires the raw recording tracks of these songs and breaks them down bit by bit. He talks about everything from the music theory being applied to the production techniques. Its fascinating stuff (to me).

Here's a good example where he dissects Morissette's "You Ought Know" ...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYkM21v4hB0"]What Makes This Song Great? Ep. 30 Alanis Morissette - YouTube[/ame]

One of things he keeps pointing out is how awesome the vocal performance is without any pitch correction. He's so right. Here's Alanis belting out this song live. Unbelievably good.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR6mEu5-egA"]Alanis Morissette-You Oughta Know - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Last edited by edindetroit; May 31, 2018, 06:34 PM.
      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Lightnin' Boy -- I think that guy is a producer. Hence the bulk of his reviews being Golden Era nineties rock/metal.

Great watching him breakdown 1979 and Just

UKBB clownin it up wholesome

Comment

•  
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by millenwasmyfavorite View Post
              Lightnin' Boy -- I think that guy is a producer. Hence the bulk of his reviews being Golden Era nineties rock/metal.

Great watching him breakdown 1979 and Just

UKBB clownin it up wholesome
              Not clowning at all.
              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• BUY PLECTRUMELECTRUM: http://plectrumelectrum.3rdeyegirl.com/Produced by: JPA ENTERTAINMENT http://jpavideo.comAdapted from Original Song by Alice Smith, R...

Comment

• JD - try using the link feature. Here's the same video posted using that feature:

#birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                    JD - try using the link feature. Here's the same video posted using that feature:
                    That song is so good!

Comment

• Here's one for the power metal fans (ala Iron Maiden). This is a "play through" video, which means it focuses on how the musicians actually play the song. So many cool things going on if you are into this kind of music and how to make it ...

Comment

• GREAT song!!!

GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• DanO, use the LINK button to embed the video here...

#birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by LightninBoy View Post
                            Here's one for the power metal fans (ala Iron Maiden). This is a "play through" video, which means it focuses on how the musicians actually play the song. So many cool things going on if you are into this kind of music and how to make it ...
                            Not my cup of tea musically, but very cool video.
                            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post

Not my cup of tea musically, but very cool video.
                              I get that. Its not my favorite genre either honestly. Most of it is too cheesy. But that song (and video) just works for me.

Here's an ode to Tom Brady?

Comment

• Originally posted by LightninBoy View Post

I get that. Its not my favorite genre either honestly. Most of it is too cheesy. But that song (and video) just works for me.

Here's an ode to Tom Brady?
                                Ahh, much prefer this one. Interesting sound. But one of their guitarists looks about 15....
                                #birdsarentreal

Comment

Working...
                                X