No announcement yet.

Non-Football Related Stuff That Makes you Laugh Your Ass off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was a mistake. A mistake a reporter SHOULDN'T make but it isn't racist just because he mistook two black men. That being said I loved SLK's response.
    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• It's not racist insofar as he wants to subjugate SLJ or Larry Fishburne. It is racist insofar as it is a mistake made based on race. I don't see how that is something that is truly in question.
      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• With all due respect to you SLF, you are talking Shyte mate. So when a white person is mistaken for another white person, that's a mistake based on race? Absolute bullshit. Never heard as much shit in my life.

For the record......, Samuel L Jackson made it all about race. HE HIMSELF turned it racial. So the reporter mistook him for someone else...., yes true......, so why does SLJ feel the need to say, "I've never worked in a mcdonalds or KFC, you might not believe that!" ......., bla bla bla. What the fuck has that got to do with mistaking one black guy for another?

Really angers me this shit. I think its safe to say I probably couldn't live in America.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• No. When a whitey is mistaken for another white guy it's because they look the same. Those two don't look alike. They have different shaped heads, hair, face shapes, eyes, mouths, chins, skin tone, and hair.

They are both black. It was a mistake based on race.

That said, I don't think it was offensive and I don't think SLJ's response was helpful but I also don't think it is arguable that there wasn't a racial component that should be acknowledged. That's alls I'm saying.

Comment

• And yeah Marko. The culture of "outrage" by everyone in the States is super fucking annoying. This case is the perfect example.

You have SLJ being outraged by the mistake, and then people being outraged at his outrage.

It was a mistake. A silly mistake. But because race was implicated no one can laugh at the ludicrousness of the situation.

Comment

• I'm not outraged. I can try harder though.
              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Good to know DanO. I'll check your outrage levels tomorrow then. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                  And yeah Marko. The culture of "outrage" by everyone in the States is super fucking annoying. This case is the perfect example.

You have SLJ being outraged by the mistake, and then people being outraged at his outrage.

It was a mistake. A silly mistake. But because race was implicated no one can laugh at the ludicrousness of the situation.
                  Actually, I'm OK with how SLJ handled it. He had a beef so he took care of it to the person's face. It really wasn't about race so much as embarrassing an wholly unprepared buffoon. SLJ did a job no less efficient than Russell Brand demolishing the unprepared MSNBC crew posted below.

IMHO the culture of outrage is to go and alert the bruised butthole police and raise a stink about it without even confronting the alleged transgressor.

rb
                  [ame]http://youtu.be/ynUjo99Gzbk[/ame]
                  Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Excellent. Now I'll check your and DanO's outrage meters tomorrow.

Comment

• It's a vicious circle that won't ever go away.

What about this hypothetical scenario...... A black guy mistakes Matt Damon for Leonardo Di Caprio; two white dudes, .... (something I do all the fkn time) ......, Matt Damon then gets pissed off and starts spewing a whole host of shit on the black guy? In that scenario, Damon is chastised for having a GO at a black dude, and STILL it's a racist issue. Just can't do right for doing fking wrong when it comes to the "race thing".

Ftr, SLF, the wife has been checking out hundreds of SLJ & LF pics and the general consensus here is that they are indeed very similar. Easy mistake for a random, not an entertainment reporter.

No more from me, I'm out.
                      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Mine's at 0. or to quote CG, it's a nothing burger. It was just funny
                        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                          It's a vicious circle that won't ever go away.

What about this hypothetical scenario...... A black guy mistakes Matt Damon for Leonardo Di Caprio; two white dudes, .... (something I do all the fkn time) ......, Matt Damon then gets pissed off and starts spewing a whole host of shit on the black guy? In that scenario, Damon is chastised for having a GO at a black dude, and STILL it's a racist issue. Just can't do right for doing fking wrong when it comes to the "race thing".

Ftr, SLF, the wife has been checking out hundreds of SLJ & LF pics and the general consensus here is that they are indeed very similar. Easy mistake for a random, not an entertainment reporter.

No more from me, I'm out.
                          Marko, I think the nuance you're forgetting is that untill 50 years ago blacks were not allowed to ride anywhere on busses in southern states or go to motels that were exclusively for whites, or eat dinner in any restaurant. The KKK intimidated blacks and lynched, bombed and burnt them when they could. We had our own little south africa going on so without looking at the history your remarks are very tone deaf and appear to be lacking in understanding.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                            You really think these two look the same?
                            Well, add a little head hair and a bit of facial hair, change the lighting and, well.....

No, I see differences in eyes, chins and eyebrows, not to mention wrinkles and ties.
                            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                              Marko, I think the nuance you're forgetting is that untill 50 years ago blacks were not allowed to ride anywhere on busses in southern states or go to motels that were exclusively for whites, or eat dinner in any restaurant. The KKK intimidated blacks and lynched, bombed and burnt them when they could. We had our own little south africa going on so without looking at the history your remarks are very tone deaf and appear to be lacking in understanding.
                              I said I was out,....., fucking back in again...... That pisses me off, Tony. I don't need lectured on black history. I have a general understanding of what went ON via history books. BUT WHAT THE FUCK HAS THAT GOT TO DO WITH MISTAKING ONE BLACK GUY FOR ANOTHER? Why did Samuel L Jackson not just say, "Hey you got me mixed up with Larry there...., " Laugh it off and fucking move on? Why did he make it racial? He made it racial because his ansestors lived in very unfortunate times? Really? If that is indeed true....., then when will it all go away?

Comment

• It hasn't gone all the way away yet. Ask someone with brown skin in NYC who gets thrown against a wall on a "stop and frisk". Ask a well to do black person who has had the police pull him over driving a fine car basically to see if he stole it. (they call it driving while black over here) There are still many examples but it is on a much lower scale.

Again, I think he just carved this clown up because he was an unprepared asshat and this was an easy knife to use.

Comment

Working...
                                X