Tracking former Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy shit!
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Strange that they todl KGW.com.
      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Nick Fairley has been 'pleasant surprise' with Saints
        • Jun 17, 2016
        • Mike TriplettESPN Staff Writer METAIRIE, La. -- Nick Fairley’s comeback tour has taken him from Detroit to St. Louis to New Orleans over the past three seasons.

But in the process, his career is finally on a positive trajectory.
        “I tell ya, he’s been a pleasant surprise,” New Orleans Saints defensive coordinator Dennis Allen said of the former first-round pick, who signed a one-year, $3 million deal.
        Fairley, 28, basically signed a one-year “prove it again” deal with the Saints after he drew praise for how well he performed on his one-year “prove it” deal with the Rams last year.
        Fairley battled injuries and inconsistent performance in his early years in Detroit, facing questions about his weight and his motivation. But he started to turn things around during his final season with the Lions, when he first hired a personal chef and started to really keep his weight down. He is listed at 6-foot-4, 308 pounds, but has said he has been under 290 in recent years.
        “I think anytime you get a first-round draft choice that probably hasn’t had the success that he and we thought he would have, you want to know what the reasons why are,” Allen said of the Saints’ research into Fairley before they signed him. “But I’ve been pleasantly surprised with the way he’s come out here and worked. He’s gotten better in this offseason. I think as long as he buys in to what we’re selling, I think he’s gonna have some success.
        “To this point, he’s been outstanding in that (attitude and work ethic) regard. I’m excited to see what he can do. He’s a very talented player. And I think he’ll play well for us.”
        Nick Fairley is showing could be a great pickup for the Saints. AP Photo/Billy HurstFairley said earlier this offseason that he feels “great” at the weight he’s at and that he likes being in Allen’s system, which is similar to the one St. Louis ran last year under former Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams.
        One of the people the Saints consulted before signing Fairley was their new middle linebacker James Laurinaitis – who spent last year in St. Louis with him.
        Fairley had only 29 tackles and 0.5 sacks with the Rams while playing a rotational backup role on their stacked defensive line. But he was lauded by scouting services for his disruption at the line.
        “Definitely, when they asked me about him, I said Nick is a guy that I’ve loved playing with him last year,” Laurinaitis said. “He’s super-athletic for a D-tackle, gives great effort. I mean, there are some plays on screen plays last year, he’d burst out of that stack so fast, and you’d see him coming behind the ball carrier and you’d think, ‘I better get down,’ because this guy here is moving. Just a fun guy in the locker room, too, great teammate. And so I was pumped when we were able to get him here.
        “I think really for him, it’s an opportunity for him to be more of an every-down guy again as opposed to being in a rotation. I had absolutely no problems with effort or commitment from him. That guy gave it his all every single game for us.”
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Stanley Wilson targeted three homes (one clothed) before he was shot naked

Posted by Darin Gantt on June 27, 2016, 6:22 AM EDT
          Getty ImagesBefore he was shot while doing some naked breaking and entering last week, former Lions cornerback Stanley Wilson II had targeted three other homes — at least one of them while clothed.
          According to Aimee Green of the Oregonian, Wilson was shot while breaking into the home of 78-year-old Robert McCall.
          Police found the Stanford graduate naked in the back yard. He remains hospitalized, but is scheduled to appear in court today to hear charges of one felony count of first-degree burglary, one misdemeanor count of first-degree criminal trespass and two misdemeanor counts of second-degree criminal trespass.
          The shooting happened last Wednesday afternoon, after he had been in at least one other home. The homeowner said Wilson stuck his head in her door after entering through the garage, but left without incident.
          “He said, ‘Do you need anything?'” the woman said. “I said, ‘No, what are you doing in my garage?’ And then he said, ‘Isn’t this where I’m supposed to be?’ I said, ‘No.'”
          She said Wilson was nicely dressed and polite, though she thought it unusual he wasn’t wearing shoes. That was apparently only the beginning of his neighborhood walkabout, and he lost clothing as he went.
          It’s a strange story, fitting with a family tradition. His father once missed a Super Bowl because coaches found him doing cocaine in a hotel bathroom the night before the game.
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Shot naked? What did they use, a giant air gun? Whoosh off go the clothes! That could be fun at parties.
            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• RIP Buddy. You gave the football world 2 wierd dudes. lol

Wrong thread - see NFL Thread for details
              Last edited by Futureshock; June 28, 2016, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• Longtime defensive lineman Cory Redding retires

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 29, 2016, 11:26 AM EDT
                APCory Redding, a defensive lineman who has played in the NFL since 2003, announced his retirement today.
                The 35-year-old Redding, who was released by the Cardinals in April, wrote on Twitter that he is “leaving the game I’ve played for 23 years.”
                Redding played 12 games for the Cardinals last season. His most memorable moment was an interception against the Lions that the 318-pound Redding returned 30 yards.
                A third-round draft pick of the Lions in 2003, Redding played in Detroit through 2008. He then played one year in Seattle, two in Baltimore and three in Indianapolis before finishing his career last year in Arizona.

Comment

• Seeing that pic of Stanley Wilson reminds me how much I can't stand that goofy-ass font on the Lions' current unis.

Comment

• Where are they now? Former Detroit Lions WR Mike Williams coaching

'I wasn't the best about being a pro. I was learning how to be a pro, but I wasn't being taught how to be a pro.'

• On his time with the Lions (2005-06): “It was a bunch of bad factors all working together. It was a recipe for disaster. I spent a year sitting out, losing the structure of football. And I wasn't the best about being a pro. I was learning how to be a pro, but I wasn't being taught how to be a pro.”

Comment

• It's not my fault ya'll.
                      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                        It's not my fault ya'll.
                        The second most damning (being drafted #10 after sitting a whole year is first IMO) thing about that is

I wasn't being taught how to be a pro.
                        I haven't seen the Lions develop players at the rate of most other teams. IDK if that is any better today.

Comment

• Stanley Wilson II puts a suit on, declares himself “happy to be alive”

Posted by Darin Gantt on July 1, 2016, 5:57 AM EDT
                          Getty ImagesFormer Lions cornerback Stanley Wilson II said Thursday he was “happy to be alive,” but that might have just been because he was wearing clothes.
                          According to Francesca Fontana of the Oregonian, Wilson was released from the hospital Wednesday and arraigned Thursday, facing felony burglary and misdemeanor trespassing charges. He was shot last week while trying to break into a Portland house, and when police found him, he was naked in a water fountain.
                          The 33-year-old Wilson was shot in the abdomen by the homeowner.
                          Unlike his burglary outfit, Wilson was wearing a dark gray suit to court Thursday. He posted $54,500 bond and was released. The judge ordered him to not go within 500 feet of the home he was breaking into, which seems like a moot judge’s order since the last time he went there he was shot and found naked. His next court appearance is July 15.
                          The former third-round pick out of Stanford is the son of former Bengals running back Stanley Wilson, who famously missed a Super Bowl after a cocaine binge the night before the game.

Comment

• The former third-round pick out of Stanford is the son of former Bengals running back Stanley Wilson, who famously missed a Super Bowl after a cocaine binge the night before the game.

The former third-round pick out of Stanford is the son of former Bengals running back Stanley Wilson, who famously missed a Super Bowl after a cocaine binge the night before the game.

They have to repeat that in every article.

Comment

• Between him and Titus, the Lions have some real cuckoos in their clocks.
                              Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• This thread is pretty sad.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X