Tracking former Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
    Jahvid Best to run track for Saint Lucia in the Olympics; no word yet if Gym Shorts is going to get the old sock out from under his laptop.
    Ew
    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post

If you're married and a woman wants to have sex with you and you decline, and she then says I'll give you a million dollars. Makes that decision a little harder now doesn't it. Doesn't mean you'll do it.
      DanO you're a weirdo.
      Last edited by DanO; July 18, 2016, 11:40 AM.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I know.....................but a true weirdo.
        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Cowboys sign Justin Durant

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 18, 2016, 3:18 PM EDT
          Getty ImagesThin at linebacker following the suspension of Rolando McClain, the Cowboys have signed a veteran.
          Justin Durant, a nine-year veteran linebacker, signed a one-year contract with the Cowboys today.
          The 30-year-old Durant will compete for playing time at middle linebacker, where McClain would have been the starter if not for the 10-game substance-abuse suspension the league handed him this month.
          Durant previously spent two seasons with the Cowboys, in in 2013 and 2014, starting six games in each season. A 2007 second-round pick of the Jaguars, Durant played his first four seasons in Jacksonville, then played two years in Detroit before his two years in Dallas. Last season Durant signed with the Falcons and started 12 games.
          To clear room for Durant on the 90-player roster, the Cowboys waived defensive tackle Casey Walker.
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Report: Bills targeting Reggie Bush

Posted by Josh Alper on July 18, 2016, 10:42 AM EDT
            Getty ImagesThe Bills got a double dose of bad news in their offensive backfield last week.
            Karlos Williams was suspended four games for violating the league’s substance-abuse policy on Friday, which was a day after rookie Jonathan Williams was arrested for DUI in Arkansas. That could lead to a suspension for the younger Williams and the dual issues (plus Karlos Williams’ conditioning issues this offseason) appears to have the Bills questioning how much they can rely on the duo.
            Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the Bills are “[ame="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/755046893227499520"]have targeted[/ame]” veteran free agent Reggie Bush to help fill out a depth chart that also has LeSean McCoy and Mike Gillislee on it. Jason LaCanfora of CBS Sports calls Bush the “[ame="https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/755035107564683265"]favorite[/ame]” to land in Buffalo, although Rapoport adds that Bush is weighing his options at the moment.
            Bush tore his ACL while playing with the 49ers last season, which was the latest in a series of injuries that he’s dealt with during a career that’s also seen him spend time in New Orleans, Miami and Detroit. Bush said last month that he feels healthy and doesn’t think he’s lost a step, something he may get to prove in Buffalo once camp starts later this month.
            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Every State's Best Homegrown Running Back
              Which state can lay claim to the best running back in football history? PointAfter has found the answer.

This is a cool list. Former Lions, Dutch Clark, Billy Sims, Barry Sanders made the list for their respective states.

For the State of Michigan:
              #5 of 41 Michigan: Jerome Bettis
              Career rushing yards: 13,662
              Career rushing TDs: 91
              College: Notre Dame
              Known as "The Bus," Bettis is best known for his 10 years with the Steelers. He helped lead the team to a win in Super Bowl XL and was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2015. Bettis posted eight 1,000-yard rushing seasons and retired tied with fellow Steelers legend Franco Harris for 10th all-time in rushing touchdowns.

Comment

• I'm Big Ben!

Comment

• I'm freaking Andy Dalton.

Pretty dumb quiz, though.
                  Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Biggest Draft Bust of Every NFL Team Since 2000

#8 of 32 Detroit Lions: Charles Rogers
                    Draft pick: No. 2 (2003)
                    Career games (starts): 15 (9)
                    The Lions infamously drafted a string of disappointing receivers in the early-to-mid 2000s, and Charles Rogers was the epitome of everything that could go wrong with a high draft pick.
                    He was injury-prone (broke clavicles in consecutive seasons), immature (suspended in 2005 for third violation of substance abuse policy) and unproductive when he did make it onto the field. Rogers' final career stats, compiled in 15 games: 36 receptions, 440 yards, four touchdowns. Not the ideal return on a No. 2 draft pick, to say the least.
                    Runner-up: Joey Harrington (2002)

#25 of 32 Seattle Seahawks: Aaron Curry
                    Draft pick: No. 4 (2009)
                    Career games (starts): 48 (39)
                    This was one of the easier guys to pinpoint. Aaron Curry received the richest non-QB rookie contract in league history (six years, $60 million with $34 million guaranteed) when he was drafted by Seattle. The first-team All-American and Butkus Award winner was considered a "safe" pick by many, but he proved to be anything but.
                    Curry recorded 5.5 sacks in three seasons (30 games) with Seattle before being traded to Oakland for a seventh-round pick. He registered one tackle in two games for the Raiders before retiring in 2013.
                    Runner-up: Marcus Tubbs (2004)
                    Last edited by Futureshock; July 20, 2016, 12:29 PM.

Comment

• I'm apparently Aaron Rodgers.

Pardon me while I go drown myself now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                        Biggest Draft Bust of Every NFL Team Since 2000

#8 of 32 Detroit Lions: Charles Rogers
                        Draft pick: No. 2 (2003)
                        Career games (starts): 15 (9)
                        The Lions infamously drafted a string of disappointing receivers in the early-to-mid 2000s, and Charles Rogers was the epitome of everything that could go wrong with a high draft pick.
                        He was injury-prone (broke clavicles in consecutive seasons), immature (suspended in 2005 for third violation of substance abuse policy) and unproductive when he did make it onto the field. Rogers' final career stats, compiled in 15 games: 36 receptions, 440 yards, four touchdowns. Not the ideal return on a No. 2 draft pick, to say the least.
                        Runner-up: Joey Harrington (2002)
                        I'd have to strongly disagree there. Rogers actually showed signs that he could produce big, and got derailed by a series of fluke injuries. Mike Williams on the other hand, provided absolutely nothing from the get go and was widely panned for all the reasons he failed from the start.

My runner-up would have to be Andre Ware.

Comment

• Rogers was number two to Joey Fucking Harrington
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Sad thing is that you could compile a list of the twenty worst draft picks in this franchise's history, rank them however you want, and be able to provide a compelling case regardless of how you did it.

Comment

• Yeah, in the Millen error alone
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                                I'd have to strongly disagree there. Rogers actually showed signs that he could produce big, and got derailed by a series of fluke injuries. Mike Williams on the other hand, provided absolutely nothing from the get go and was widely panned for all the reasons he failed from the start.

My runner-up would have to be Andre Ware.
                                I was thinking the exact same thing. Keep in mind though that the list is supposed to be from the year 2000 on. So Ware wouldn't qualify.

Comment

Working...
                                X