Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Barry: I’m not doing a good enough job

Posted by Josh Alper on October 7, 2016, 6:54 AM EDT
    Getty ImagesThe season got off on the wrong foot for the Redskins with losses in their first two games, but things have stabilized with victories over the Giants and Browns the last two weeks to leave the team at 2-2 ahead of their short road trip to Baltimore this weekend.
    The wins don’t mean that everything has gone right for the team, however. The defense has had trouble in each of the victories and ranks 25th in points allowed and 29th in yards allowed for the season overall. They’ve struggled to stop the run — the Browns put up 163 yards last Sunday — and they are worst in the league on third downs, leaving defensive coordinator Joe Barry to make a harsh self-assessment.
    “Well, not good,” Barry said, via the Washington Post. “A job of a coach is no different [than] a teacher. And if a math student simply isn’t just getting the good grades on math tests, you could say, ‘Oh, that kid is just dumb.’ Well, I look at it as: The teacher is not getting it out of him. I put a lot of pride and a lot of input on myself to get it done, and we’re not getting it done right now. I’m not getting it done.”
    The Redskins gave up a lot of yards last season, finishing the year 28th in that metric, but they were in the middle of the pack in points allowed on their way to a division title. A similar shift will likely be necessary for a shot at repeating that accomplishment this year, so it may be a good sign that the team has at least shown an ability to adjust in the second half by allowing nine points after halftime the last two weeks after giving up 38 before the break.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Jeremy Kerley with 8 catches for 102 yards and a TD last night. Some of that was in garbage time, but he looked good out there.

Comment

• He scored the first TD of the game didn't he.

We kept A Roberts ahead of him.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Kerley, 49ers strike first

Posted by Zac Jackson on October 6, 2016, 9:31 PM EDT
          APThe defenses are dominating Thursday night’s 49ers-Cardinals game.
          49ers wide receiver Jeremy Kerley is having his way, too.
          After a forgettable and predictable display of punts, Kerley got open along the sideline for a 9-yard touchdown pass from Blaine Gabbert, giving the 49ers a 7-0 lead with 4:12 left in the first quarter.
          Kerley has five catches for 75 yards about 25 minutes in. Gabbert has seven completions.
          After the game’s first seven possessions ended in punts, Gabbert and the 49ers drove 87 yards in 10 plays for the score. The teams have combined for 14 incomplete passes and three sacks, but the 49ers showed the first real signs of offensive life.

Comment

• Marty "take the wind" Mornhinweg to be the new Ravens OC ...

Comment

• Originally posted by LightninBoy View Post
              Marty "take the wind" Mornhinweg to be the new Ravens OC ...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...D=ansmsnnews11

if Marty only had this addon for his iPhone that fateful sunday.

Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

• A look at the history of new Ravens offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                  A look at the history of new Ravens offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg.

Interestingly, not one mention of him being the Lions head coach.

Comment

• I saw that too. It's cool with me.

Comment

• Never Forget

Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Carun Reid just forced a safety vs Denver.

Got to the QB quicker than Joey Bosa. Just saying.
                        AAL - Glover Quinn

Comment

• Terry Bradshaw gabe props today to Isa Abdul-Quddus on an INT. googling him and the press that comes up looks like he's a more impact player than Suh.
                          Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                            Terry Blabjaw gabe props today to Isa Abdul-Quddus on an INT. googling him and the press that comes up looks like he's a more impact player than Suh.
                            FIFY
                            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Bradshaw; that goofbilly also invites himself into homes to lecture you on shingles. Like the other slack jawed yocals on that panel of twits, he should drag his cartoon of a former self off to the Hall of Dim and weld the lock.
                              Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Suh has underperformed at Miami

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Got Kneecaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X