No announcement yet.

Tracking former Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was talking with a friend from work today, and somehow The Corwin came up. Decided to post the video here, as each time I watch it I still smile.

[ame]https://youtu.be/XhtqhwK2er0[/ame]
    Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
      I was talking with a friend from work today, and somehow The Corwin came up. Decided to post the video here, as each time I watch it I still smile.

https://youtu.be/XhtqhwK2er0
      Bobby Ross! Think I coach that sh!t?
      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• 80th birthday looming, Dick LeBeau still sees himself as a “Bengal and Brown guy”

Posted by Mike Florio on July 4, 2017, 11:48 AM EDT

Getty Images
        He’s a Hall of Famer best known for playing for the Lions and coaching with the Steelers. But Dick LeBeau, the soon-to-be 80-year-old assistant head coach of the Titans, identifies with a team that cut him, and with another that fired him, multiple times.

“I’ve always been really a Bengal and Brown guy at heart, like I am a Buckeye, because I am from Ohio and I like the Ohio teams,” LeBeau recently told Jim Owczarski of the Cincinnati Enquirer.

It was Paul Brown, then coach of the Browns, who drafted LeBeau before cutting him. And it was Paul Brown, then owner of the Bengals, who hired LeBeau to serve as defensive backs coach in 1980.

LeBeau initially spent 11 years with the Bengals, helping the team to a pair of Super Bowls and climbing to defensive coordinator. Fired after the 1991 season, he landed in Pittsburgh as defensive backs coach, again making it to the role of defensive coordinator. He returned to the Bengals in 1997 as defensive coordinator and assistant head coach, later becoming head coach in 2000. He was fired after three seasons.

The return to Pittsburgh in 2004 started LeBeau’s most successful decade in coaching, with a pair of Super Bowl wins. Nudged aside for Keith Butler in 2015, LeBeau joined the Titans, where he’s been for two seasons and counting.

With many making Tennessee a trendy postseason pick, LeBeau could still get to another Super Bowl before calling it a career. Regardless of what happens, he’ll likely still see himself as a Bengal and a Brown, despite those two gaudy Super Bowl rings that celebrate their despised rivals from Pittsburgh.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Pontiac Silverdome To Meet Final Wrecking Ball This Week

But it will live on in the latest Transformers movie.
          "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Any favorite playoff TDs?

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
              Pontiac Silverdome To Meet Final Wrecking Ball This Week

But it will live on in the latest Transformers movie.
              They're selling off a lot of movie props and costumes. I don't have a link, but someone can find and post.
              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Final demolition set to begin on Pontiac Silverdome

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on July 11, 2017, 12:56 AM EDT

Getty Images
                The Pontiac Silverdome last hosted an NFL game in January, 2002. Fifteen years later, its end is in sight.

According to Natalie Broda of the Oakland Free Press, Adamo Group Inc., which is performing the demolition, filed for permits last month to proceed with the final stages of destruction on the former home of the Detroit Lions.

The final demolition of the facility is expected to take 12-16 months to complete. The Adamo Group was selected to demolish the building in May as the stadium fell into disrepair.

The Silverdome served as home for the Lions from 1975-2001. While it last hosted the Lions in early 2002, it continued to hold other events in the years since. It served as the practice site for the Pittsburgh Steelers the week of Super Bowl XL in early 2006. It also hosted an international friendly for A.C. Milan against Panathinakos F.C. in August, 2010. Monster truck events and a WBO title fight between Timothy Bradley and Devon Alexander also was held at the site in January, 2011

Share this:

Comment

• Film review: Larry Warford's sound technique, screen prowess explain signing

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/MichaelDavSmith/status/884801475154718720[/ame]

Bengals RB Corey Dillon once combined with QBs Akili Smith and Scott Mitchell for one of the most ridiculous box scores ever.

Corey Dillon, Akili Smith and Scott Mitchell combined for maybe the NFL's most ridiculous box score ever [ame]https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/status/884799853821394945[/ame]
                    Last edited by Futureshock; July 12, 2017, 09:14 AM.

Comment

• Bears FB Michael Burton could give Chicago an old-school offense.

Comment

• NOTE.... NOTE.... NOTE... The following is a fan post

Calvin Johnson said he wants to play with Derek Carr, suggests he?d still be playing football if Lions released his contract

by*Levi Damien@LeviDamien**Jul 11, 2017, 3:41pm PDT

Six straight Pro Bowls. Three times and All Pro. That’s what Calvin Johnson aka ‘Megatron’ had accomplished by the age of 30 when he up and retired from football. It was the most surprising...
                        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                          https://twitter.com/MichaelDavSmith/...01475154718720

Bengals RB Corey Dillon once combined with QBs Akili Smith and Scott Mitchell for one of the most ridiculous box scores ever.

Corey Dillon, Akili Smith and Scott Mitchell combined for maybe the NFL's most ridiculous box score ever https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/sta...99853821394945
                          Damn. That is crazy.

Comment

• As sad as that is...

Ranking the best (and worst) Detroit Lions head coaches since 1957

1. George Wilson
                            Years with Lions: 1957-64
                            Record: 53-45-6 (.541)
                            Playoff appearances: One (2-0 record)
                            When it comes to Lions head coaches, Wilson is royalty. He only made the playoffs once with the Lions but Wilson made it count.
                            He led the Lions to their last championship in 1957 after they posted an 8-4 regular-season record. Wilson's two playoff victories that season are twice as many as every one of his predecessors combined. That's a total of 16 coaches for those keeping score at home.
                            Under Wilson, the Lions had a winning record four times in a five-year stretch from 1960-64 before he left Detroit after posting a 7-5-2 record in 1964. He spent the 1965 season as an assistant in Washington before becoming the first head coach of the Miami Dolphins in 1966.
                            Although he had a 15-39-2 record during four seasons in Miami, Wilson is one of just two Lions head coaches who landed an NFL heading coaching job after leaving Detroit. That speaks volumes about what other NFL teams think of the Lions former coaches.
                            Thay could have ended the article with:

2-All - Sucked azz

End of story

Comment

• Oh my goodness, that is a horrible read. Not for the author's take, but because the facts are so bad.

Dam WCF

Comment

• Maybe Calvin should start posting in the Matthew Stafford sucks thread.
                                2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

Working...
                                X