Tracking former Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kellen Moore? Noodle Arm?
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Football Messiah.
      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
        And Reiff went to Minnesota and looked better, while Wagner and Lang come to Detroit and look worse. Maybe it has more to do with the scheme and coaching that?s been here than just the players themselves.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Bengals are luvin some ex Lions

Bengals interviewing Jon Kitna for coaching job
          Posted by Darin Gantt on January 9, 2018, 8:06 AM EST

Getty Images
          The Bengals are bringing in a veteran quarterback, but not as competition for Andy Dalton.

According to Alex Marvez of the Sporting News, the Bengals have interviewed former NFL quarterback Jon Kitna for a job on the offensive staff.

They have an opening at quarterbacks coach after Bill Lazor was promoted to offensive coordinator.

Kitna?s 45, which isn?t startling until you realize he was head coach Marvin Lewis? first starting quarterback when he took the job in 2003. He served as a bridge to No. 1 overall pick Carson Palmer, who took over the job a year later, as Kitna stayed on as a backup.

His last work as a player was in 2013, when the Cowboys brought him back from retirement as an emergency backup. His last job was at Waxahachie (Texas) High School.

The Bengals have made a number of changes on staff after Lewis got an extension for a 16th and 17th season, and there are more coming as well. Secondary coach Kevin Coyle is not expected to return, under new defensive coordinator Teryl Austin.
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• The Bengals are known for having the least scouting resources right?

The Lions scouting years under Millen reminded me of the Bengals, then and now.

Its like their scouting is done while watching games on broadcast TV.
            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• And yet, our DL pales in comparison

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
                he is from escanaba
                Yes. I graduated from high school with him.
                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Google is DimWiT's friend.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                    So how did you become a Lions fan, when I lived in houghton - no locals were lions fans.

One of my roommates was his neighbor, you may know him too - he came to visit him a couple of times during winter carnival. I believe he was attending Central Michigan at the time.
                    Last edited by dwt1; January 9, 2018, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• Yes Andy attended CMU. What is your ex roommates name?
                      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                        Class of '82 was a great one! State wide!

Was he on the State Champion football team?

Comment

• Escanaba won the state football championship in '81. Class of 80 lost in the finals. We graduated in '79.
                          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Oh ok. It was the '81 team we wanted a piece of.

'79 was a great year also. At my HS (Flint NW) it was every 3 years - '79, '82, '85 and '88

Comment

• You effin high school football privileged elite bastards!

My class of '85 saw only 1 varsity victory in 4 years. How dare you shame me with great hs fb memories.

How.................................dare.......... ...........you!

pands

In '86, my alma mater changed to a less competitive league and they started winning championships soon thereafter. I think it was around 2013 when my HS had the most rostered NFL players of any HS in the country. Blows my mind AND pisses us old schoolers off a little.
                              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• It's getting a little Al Bundyesque in here.
                                Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

Working...
                                X