X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bears sign Kasim Edebali

Posted by Josh Alper on June 7, 2018, 4:56 PM EDT
    Getty Images

Linebacker Kasim Edebali spent time with four different teams during the 2017 season and he?s now landed a job for the first time in 2018.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Edebali has signed with the Bears. The move reunites Edebali with Bears General Manager Ryan Pace, who was in the Saints organization when Edebali signed as an undrafted free agent in 2014.

Edebali spent three seasons with the Saints, played in every game and recorded eight sacks. He signed with the Broncos last offseason and played nine games before being waived in November. He was claimed by the Lions and saw action in four games for Detroit, but was waived again in December. He signed with the Rams and ultimately ended the year back with the Saints.

Edebali didn?t see action with either of those teams and will now try to work his way into the mix off the edge as the Bears try to flesh out their pass rushing group this season.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• A former Detroit Lions player dominated on the football field on "The Bachelorette," but it came at a price because he was injured.

Former Detroit Lions player seriously injured on 'The Bachelorette' playing football

Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Jesus. The season can't get here soon enough
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The next season of the Bachlorette?

<ducks the Skecher shoe>

Comment

• Will Rams appeal Reggie Bush bell-ringing verdict?

Posted by Mike Florio on June 12, 2018, 8:07 PM EDT
            Getty Images

It?s a drop in the bucket for Rams owner Stan Kroenke, but billionaires don?t become billionaires (or stay billionaires) by batting an eye at an eight-figure jury verdict.

But Kroenke ultimately may decide not to fight former 49ers running back Reggie Bush?s $12.5 million verdict for an ACL tear suffered when the Rams failed to rectify the obvious hazard arising from a slippery concrete ring around the perimeter of the field at the Edward Jones Dome.

Did Bush actually suffer nearly $5 million in compensatory losses for an injury that has become commonplace for NFL players? Are $7.5 million in punitive damages justified under Missouri law, or was the extra payment a belated ?eff you? to the team that left St. Louis for Los Angeles? With the Missouri courts deciding the issue, it may not matter; the Rams are long gone, and even though the $12.5 million total verdict won?t help any citizens of Missouri, the fact that it hurts the Rams will make people feel better about the team that relocated to California. And it could make it less likely that the Rams will prevail at the next level.

The Rams obviously have appeal rights. But they?ll need to decide whether it makes sense to throw good money after bad, once their lawyers engage in a frank, objective assessment of whether the team has a snowball?s chance in La Brea of winning an appeal. Kroenke could end up spending another $100,000 or more in appellate legal fees to delay the inevitable.

Maybe the sensible (and right) thing to do would be to not fight it. The Rams carelessly allowed an open and obvious hazard to exist in a stadium the team would soon flee, consciously accepting the risk of a Rams player or a player from another team suffering an injury. The Rams rolled the dice, it came up craps (the bad kind), and if Kroenke cares at all about NFL players (those on his team or any other team), he?d write the check and move on.

Then again, if Kroenke truly cares at all about NFL platers (those on his team or any other team), he would have offered a reasonable settlement amount and avoided what any lawyer worth his or her salt could have spotted coming a mile away ? a bell-ringing verdict that serves as a middle finger to Kroenke and company.

Then again, if Kroenke truly cares at all about NFL platers (those on his team or any other team), he would have rectified the hazard before Bush tore up his knee, not after.

At this point, the man building a $5 billion complex in Inglewood probably should regard the $12.5 million as a cost of doing business, and move on.

Comment

• Jury orders Rams to pay Reggie Bush $12.5 million for knee injury

Posted by Charean Williams on June 12, 2018, 7:13 PM EDT
              Getty Images

Reggie Bush won his lawsuit against the Rams, with a St. Louis jury ordering the NFL team to pay the former running back $12.5 million, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports. Bush sued the Rams and owners and operators of the Edward Jones Dome after injuring his left knee in a 2015 game at the stadium, the team?s last in St. Louis before moving to Los Angeles.

The presiding judge dismissed the St. Louis Regional Convention and Sports Complex Authority and the St. Louis Convention and Visitors Commission from the lawsuit last week.

The jury found the Rams 100 percent liable for Bush?s injury and ordered the team to pay $4.95 million in compensatory damages and $7.5 million in punitive damages.

Bush claimed he slipped on a ?concrete ring of death? as he was pushed out of bounds in a November 1, 2015, game against the Rams, ending his season.

Bush, now 33, played for the 49ers at the time. He played 13 games for Buffalo in 2016 but had only 12 carries.

?Reggie lost his ability to do what he loved, and to bargain for a contract that he worked his entire life for,? Bush?s lawyer Tim Cronin said during closing statements. ?These players get chewed up. They only have so many chances.?

Rams attorney Dan Allmayer said the injury was caused by ?pre-existing issues.?

Comment

• Former NFL quarterback Erik Kramer arrested on domestic violence charge

Get Chicago news and Illinois news from The Chicago Tribune

Los Angeles County sheriff?s deputies arrested former NFL quarterback Erik Kramer on suspicion of felony corporal injury to a spouse or cohabitant at his Agoura Hills home Wednesday, according to department records.

Kramer, an Encino native who played for the Atlanta Falcons, Detroit Lions, Chicago Bears and San Diego Chargers from 1987 through 1999, was released on a $50,000 bond about 2? hours after the arrest.

?Mr. Kramer was cooperative at the time of the arrest,? Sheriff?s Department Capt. Joshua Thai said in an email.

Further details about the alleged incident weren?t available. Kramer, 53, survived a self-inflicted gunshot wound in August 2015, part of a series of difficult events for the family that included the death of one son from a drug overdose and the beating of another son at a house party.

?He is a very amazing man, a beautiful soul, but he has suffered depression since he was with the Bears,? his ex-wife Marshawn Kramer told NBC News after the suicide attempt. ?I can promise you he is not the same man I married.?

Kramer, listed as a ?sports coach? in arrest records, couldn?t be reached for comment.
                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• I sure wish we would have kept him all those years ago but I hope this dude gets the help he needs. He's been in a downward spiral for awhile.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Aw man. I hope Erik gets help. Mental illness is serious business.

Comment

• Laken Tomlinson has the left guard spot secured, but the 49ers look to have a three-man competition going for their right guard position. And thus far, 2016 first-round pick Joshua Garnett has seen the most time there, per Matt Maiocco of NBC Sports Bay Area. Garnett, who spent all of last season on IR in a partial effort to adjust his body to better suit Kyle Shanahan?s zone-blocking scheme, split time with the recently signed Mike Person. However, Jonathan Cooper did not participate in San Francisco?s minicamp because of left knee surgery and will be a threat to start opposite Tomlinson this season.

Comment

• Browns sign Greg Robinson

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 19, 2018, 11:41 AM EDT
                        Getty Images

One of the biggest busts in recent draft history is getting another shot. In Cleveland.

Greg Robinson

Comment

• Turning your LT from Joe Thomas to Greg Robinson is like literally turning a cheeseburger into a shit.

So bad. Only Ereck Flowers is worse.
                          Though I think Cleveland will start Shon Coleman at LT.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Sad...
                            Wife of former Detroit Lion tells judge she's worried he will try to kill her

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                              Turning your LT from Joe Thomas to Greg Robinson is like literally turning a cheeseburger into a shit.

So bad. Only Ereck Flowers is worse.
                              Though I think Cleveland will start Shon Coleman at LT.
                              Early indications are that SC will retain his starting OLT spot but the GM and HC are watching for the development of rookie Austin Corbett as plan B.

Comment

• Wife of former NFL quarterback 'terrified' he will kill her after domestic violence arrest

By Chris Irvine | Fox News

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/06/20/wife-former-nfl-quarterback-terrified-will-kill-her-after-domestic-violence-arrest.html

1529513248159.jpg?ve=1&amp;tl=1.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X