Who's Walking Around In Your Dreams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
    Ok, here's all I remember. Big black dog aggressively coming toward me. I decide to rush him; to see if I can get him to back down. I wake up as I bang my head on the night table next to my bed. Apparently I twisted out of bed and hit the corner of the stand.

With my head throbbing I got back into bed and lay there a few minutes. <redacted comment about feeling something wet and sticky in case Treo reads this> You know how a head wound will bleed, as in a LOT? What a mess. 'Into the bathroom and turned on the light. I looked like Rocky in the 10th of a 10 rounder. Black Dog 1, bimmer 0
    Glad you are OK, Bim.

Sounds like the dog mistook you for a squirrel.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• OR your subconcious aura is really that of a squirrel and the dog sensed it!
      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• "Dano, the Gregg Allman in my dream was the dullest human being I've ever met - or dreamt about anyway. Not a sexy dream in the least."
        -------------------------That sucks.
        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
          Glad you are OK, Bim.

Sounds like the dog mistook you for a squirrel.
          Originally posted by Tony G View Post
          OR your subconcious aura is really that of a squirrel and the dog sensed it!
          lol, that's probably it!

Dang dog.

Comment

• Dang!
            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• FFS, Dagnabbit.
              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• [ame]http://youtu.be/l1s7HHnnjU4[/ame]

Comment

• Holy shit, Tony. That was unbelievable pish.

So what is the meaning of Dang? It is God fearing Texans who are really saying damn?
                  "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• yep. dagnabbit is a baptist way of saying goddammit

Comment

• These meds I am on now are strange. I seem to have a thousand dreams a night, but can only remember tidbits of them, like a dream that lasts only 10 seconds or so. I am weening off of these bad boys, but I really like their effectiveness. After taking one pill (2mg), within 15-20 minutes my pain can drop from an 8 to a zero. This makes my 2nd day of treating what little pain I have left with Aleve, but the pain still spikes at times. I saw my doctor on the 11th, he said give it 5-6 more weeks. Geeeeeeezzzzzzee.

Anyway, I woke up from a nap a short time ago and remember this dream, ... Angeleyes and I were in some sort of a contest, we were supposed to search through these huge stacks of wooden crates for parts. The parts could be for an automobile, an appliance, or anything, but we had to find at least one part for each of 12 different things. To me, it seemed really confusing, and I wasn't sure what we were really looking for. Each of the stacks of crates was over 20 stories high, rectangular in shape, and 2-3 city blocks long and one wide. So, we were scrambling around looking for what we weren't even sure we were looking for. Suddenly, I saw my Dad standing on top of the crates we were on, and I knew right away he would know what to do. So I ran over to him, he looked exactly like I remembered him the last time I saw him. He told me the parts crates were all color coded according to what they were used for. He showed me a crate with purple spray paint and it contained ductwork for an AC/Heating system. After that it was pretty easy, but I noticed another team was gathering up parts as quickly as we were. I guessed the might have overheard my Dad telling me the secret. So he said he would take AE back to get the truck and I could start throwing the parts I had gathered over the side and we could load them and make our way to the finish line. When I had tossed all the parts over, I saw AE pull up in the truck, she started loading things into the bed of the truck and then I noticed another truck, one person loading, the other making his way down the long stairway to the bottom. I new I could never catch him and thought, we will lose this one, but my Dad appeared again and showed me a big round fire escape like all schools had in the olden days. Problem is, the door was locked. Dad told me to slide down the outside, it looked smooth as glass, so I squated down and started to "ski" down the escape. I remember my shoes getting hot and started smoking like Romancing the Stone when Harrison Ford had to stop the mine carts. Needless to say, I got down to ground level before the other team and we raced to the finish line. My Dad was there to congratulate us....... that's all there is.

It was great seeing my Father again, it was so real, I almost believe somehow it was true. I know with all I have been through, the cancer, the two operations, the pain, hell, maybe even being a Lion fan, .... my Dad was giving me a message to never give up. That's how he was, turn me in the right direction and give me a little nudge. Thanks, Dad.
                      "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Glad you had a nice dream this time, SB.
                        2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• It's nice when they come to visit, isn't it Sharky. Too bad we wake up so soon...
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• It was Indiana Jones, not Romancing the Stone. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                              It was Indiana Jones, not Romancing the Stone. :-)
                              and your point is?
                              "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Harrison Ford wasn't in Romancing the Stone

Comment

Working...
                                X