Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
    Blocking assignments. Receiving. Pre-snap reads.
    That, along with reading offensive line blocking schemes. I'm sure there are other things involved that weren't mentioned, Emory Hunt could answer the question better, he was a running back at Louisiana Lafayette
    Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
      Like what?
      Originally posted by Sharkbait View Post
      .... like holding on to the ball.
      Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
      Blocking assignments. Receiving. Pre-snap reads.
      Understanding the hole may shift right or left and running up the back of an OL that is engaged with a DL will likely slow you down enough to get tackled.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• You could be a superlative runner but you better know how to pass protect. If you don't do that well, you won't get in much.

Comment

• Why a dollar is called a buck.

Specifically, it is thought that a dollar is called a “buck” thanks to deer.

One of the earliest references of this was in 1748, about 44 years before the first U.S. dollar was minted, where there is a reference to the exchange rate for a cask of whiskey traded to Native Americans being “5 bucks”, referring to deerskins.
          At this time, a buck skin was a common medium of exchange. There is also evidence that a “buck” didn’t simply mean one deerskin, but may have meant multiple skins, depending on quality. For instance, skins from deer killed in the winter were considered superior to those killed in the summer, due to the fur being thicker.

It is thought that the highest quality skins were generally assigned a one to one value with one skin equaling one buck. In contrast, for lower quality skins, it might take several of them to be valued at a single buck. The specific value for given sets of skins was then set at trading.

In addition, when the skin was from another animal, the number of skins required to equal a buck varied based on the animal and the quality of the skins. For instance, there is one documented trade where six high quality beaver skins or twelve high quality rabbit pelts each equaled one buck.

This use of skins as a medium of exchange gradually died off over the next century as more and more Europeans moved in and built towns and cities. Once the U.S. dollar was officially introduced after the passing of the Coinage Act of 1792, it quickly became the leading item used as a medium of exchange, but the term “buck” stuck around and by the mid-nineteenth century was being used as a slang term for the dollar.
          2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Thanks LFIJ, I will put that tidbit of information into the back corner of my memory bank for future reference.
            "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Glad you liked it!

I saw a post on Facebook about it, so I did some digging to see if it was true. I thought it was interesting and decided to share it with you guys.
              2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Random thought for the locals . . . was anyone ever arrested for the shooting of that young lady from Grosse Pointe? She was in a car with a bunch of teen aged friends, just over the line into Detroit (possibly doing/buying weed), when a car went by them and stopped in front of them. A guy got out a fired randomly into the car she was in and she was hit and killed.

Comment

• I found this, so I guess her killer is still at large.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in...se_pointe.html

Comment

• Interesting:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zxy_dScjsM"]The Science of Internet Trolls - YouTube[/ame]
                      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                        Interesting indeed!

The pervert I am is going on to the Science of Boobs.;-)

Comment

• Interesting stuff, Deb.

Comment

• Definitely worth the look.
                            "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• I pretty much thought this was common knowledge.
                              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• I am taking a moment this morning to observe National Squirrel Appreciation Day.

I only let the dogs out twice this morning before heading to work so those telephone line walking furry critters can move from their nest to their feeding spot without being chased down by their familiar foes.

Comment

Working...
                                X