Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
    It was a 70s video, Deborah. Young looking!!! Don't look at present day Quatro!
    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Weird pre-game presentation for the Stanley Cup game.
      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• What was the pre-game presentation, Dpatnod? Was it 468 guys lifting the Stanley Cup into the Stadium?
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Did not see the pre game but did watch the cup get hoisted.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
            What was the pre-game presentation, Dpatnod? Was it 468 guys lifting the Stanley Cup into the Stadium?
            Two knights in armour resembling each hockey team's colors sword fighting on ice skates. Then the loser laying on the ice was shot with flaming arrows by female archers from the upper deck. The arrows were some kind of projection. Finally, they launched a trebuchet, which landed on the ice (and loser), breaking the ice, which then proceeded to collapse into a pit (of misery) by another trick of projection.

Just weird seeing a sword fight on ice. They would strike the opponents shield with their sword - which only made them slide away from each other on the ice.
            Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Or a smoke, Malto. Haven't smoked since 2006, but I remember one particular problem back in the late 90s. Long story short, I had quit for about 2 weeks. Then I was on a job to remove a hot water tank from a cupboard in this house in Granton, Edinburgh. The thing got jammed on its way out the cupboard. Couldn't move it, wouldn't budge. There was a newspaper shop across the street....... Went and bought cigarettes and had an awesome first smoke in two weeks moment........, went back to the tank and it fell out the cupboard with ease. Carried on smoking for 7 or 8 years! SO, it's really a tragic story!

Came on this thread not to answer that, but saw it, SO had to reply!

Came on here to say that even though the months seems to be flying by, this feels is the feckin longest off season in history. I suppose stories about tanks in cupboards doesn't help.
                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• This July seemed like an eternity.
                    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Really? Seemed like it lasted about five minutes to me. Summer goes by so fast in Michigan.
                      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Hmmmm

Perhaps all the fire related work hours for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                          Hmmmm

Perhaps all the fire related work hours for me.
                          That would do it! Gosh, the impact is devastating.
                          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• The loss numbers are already staggering. It's going to be unprecedented at the end. A lot of people have been devastated, if not killed. Including our brave firefighters.

Comment

• So sad.
                              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• That must be one good looking dude. ;)

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X