Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
    Maybe the USA should adopt Scotlands new qualifying tactics.

By doing Florida State's tomahawk chop?
    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• If that is symbolising the "chop", well can't speak for America, but Scotland should definitely adopt it. Leigh Griffiths CLEARLY chopped down in the box v Slovenia, no penalty! Let's start chopping.
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

If that is symbolising the "chop", well can't speak for America, but Scotland should definitely adopt it. Leigh Griffiths CLEARLY chopped down in the box v Slovenia, no penalty! Let's start chopping.
        Marko, I'm going to ask you a question that may subject me to scorn and ridicule, but ask I shall.

Are you in Ireland or Scotland?
        Apathetic No More.

Comment

• Scotland, Dsred.
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Giovanni Liberti, a player with the fourth-tier Italian soccer club Turris, is in hot, yellowish water with Serie D officials. According to the Associated Press, the league suspended Liberti for five matches after he “urinated in the direction of the away section, making obscene and vulgar gestures, while showing his genital organ.”
            Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Yes, but it's a load of pish, Frank, (pardon the pun)

He was drinking at a water fountain located at the corner whilst adjusting his shirt during a stop in play. It was near the away fans. Even the opposition team officials have said that he didn't do anything wrong.

Comment

• Psssh, my version was more entertaining.
                Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Lando Donovan was caught relieving himself at a USMNT training session in Guadalajara. There was apparently no facilities and he had to go. Needless to say the Mexicans played it up and made Donovan public enemy #1.

He might run for Gulati's job, maybe he should lead with that.

Comment

• 4 and a half hours til Hibs v Jambofuckers at Easter Road! 'MON THE HIBEES!

Do they show incredibly shite Scottish soccer on TV in the USA, Froot Loops?

Comment

• Nah. The entire shite Soccer niche is already filled by MLS. Way too much competition for Scottish Premier League to get a foothold.

Comment

• Marko - You can successfully avoid all MLS games in the US, it is all about the EPL, the Bundesliga and the Champions League.

Comment

4 and a half hours til Hibs v Jambofuckers at Easter Road! 'MON THE HIBEES!

Do they show incredibly shite Scottish soccer on TV in the USA, Froot Loops?
                          Marko, only via UTube I believe. BTW, I was at the Hibs-Moneywell 2-2 draw in mid Sept at Easter Road. Hibs lead 2-0, then took Murray out. Couple Slovenian guys came in, didn't do much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lem B View Post
                            Marko, only via UTube I believe. BTW, I was at the Hibs-Moneywell 2-2 draw in mid Sept at Easter Road. Hibs lead 2-0, then took Murray out. Couple Slovenian guys came in, didn't do much.
                            Motherwell...holy F

Comment

• Originally posted by Lem B View Post
                              Holy shit, really? Did you enjoy the experience? Where about in the stadium were you? Hopefully the EAST, where all the singing, shouting and dancing is happening. Although, maybe not so much vs Motherwell. I was working out of town that week and didn't make the game??., well, to you, I was working??, to jaadamski, I was away for a herbal weekend! :smile:

Only 1-0 last night but Holy Mother of Well, should've been 4-0 Hibs. My God, the Jambofuckers SUCK! Conversation this morning with my good buddy at the merchants:
                              Me: High 5, Johnny, the cabbage were flying last night!
                              John: Bit disappointed mate.
                              Me: EH? WTF?
                              John: Was only 1-0. Should've been 25-0.

Likes to exaggerate but he did have a point. Hibs do need to crush the bastards more often when they are down.

Comment

Holy shit, really? Did you enjoy the experience? Where about in the stadium were you? Hopefully the EAST, where all the singing, shouting and dancing is happening. Although, maybe not so much vs Motherwell. I was working out of town that week and didn't make the game??., well, to you, I was working??, to jaadamski, I was away for a herbal weekend! :smile:

Only 1-0 last night but Holy Mother of Well, should've been 4-0 Hibs. My God, the Jambofuckers SUCK! Conversation this morning with my good buddy at the merchants:
                                Me: High 5, Johnny, the cabbage were flying last night!
                                John: Bit disappointed mate.
                                Me: EH? WTF?
                                John: Was only 1-0. Should've been 25-0.

Likes to exaggerate but he did have a point. Hibs do need to crush the bastards more often when they are down.
                                Aye. Our seats were on the East side, front row, between the halfline and the penalty area. My cousin lives in Mid Calder. Really liked the stadium. Bought a couple jerseys in the shop afterward. (Sat next to a season ticket holding woman and her two kids. She was cool. While it was spitting rain at halftime, she said "typical Scottish weather, all four seasons in one day". Pretty funny stuff).

I hadn't been to Scotland since 1979, but damn, Edinburgh has to be one of the best cities in the world.

Comment

Working...
                                X