Announcement

Collapse

Please support the forum

As you shop this holiday season, please remember to use the forum's Amazon.com link (listed in the menu as "Amazon Link") to add items to your cart and purchase them. The forum gets a small commission from every item sold and the commission increases based on the number of items sold in a month. (So even buying a 99 cent MP3 helps!) Bonus this year: Amazon has announced FREE SHIPPING through the holidays!!

Additionally, the forum gets a "bounty" for various offers at Amazon.com. For instance, if you sign up for a 30 day free trial of Amazon Prime, the forum will earn $3. If you create a wedding or baby registry, the forum earns $3. And creating an Amazon Business account will send a $15 commission our way.

Your personal information is completely private, I only get a list of items that were ordered/shipped via the link, no names or locations or anything. This does not cost you anything extra and it helps pays the operating costs of this forum which continue to go up as our commissions have gone down. Thank you for your support and happy holidays!! --Deborah

Here is the link:
Click here to shop at Amazon.com
See more
See less

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get in, Mek-ee-Ko!! BEA-utiful goal. 2-0

And what a roar! Loudest celebration I’ve heard so far.

Comment

• Some excellent commentating (announcing) on the Germany v Sweden game there......., German attack, tall Swedish defender heads the ball out......,
      “And he used all his inches to get that ball clear!”
      Yes, I know, “Grow the fk up!” ....., but no, had beer and that was funny.

Comment

• Sweden plays with fire and gets burns of the 3rd degree.

Comment

• Who plays bunker mentality a man up?

Comment

• Love them, hate them......., that was fucking class! World class technique from Kroos. Loved that. Well done 10 man Germany. True World Champions.

Agreed, Fraquar....... but with most countries v Germany..... it’s just pure Fucking fear.

Comment

• What is the use of VAR if you don't use it for that foul in the first? Get rid of it. Why did the ref need to consult the other officials on Botang's clear second yellow?

You can't park the bus up a man, but it seems like the Swedish team was gassed and has no depth to use late in the game. A couple of times they had chances on the counter late in the game and their strikers were as fast as Dom Raolia.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                What is the use of VAR if you don't use it for that foul in the first? Get rid of it. Why did the ref need to consult the other officials on Botang's clear second yellow?

You can't park the bus up a man, but it seems like the Swedish team was gassed and has no depth to use late in the game. A couple of times they had chances on the counter late in the game and their strikers were as fast as Dom Raolia.
                He consulted his linesman, not VAR. That is standard operating procedure and they way it should be done. They sometimes have the better angle on the play.

They didn't really need to push for a winning goal, just spread Germany out and play keep-away. Instead all they did was hoof it upfield like they had all game, it was if they didn't even realize they were a man up.

Added: I made my point clear on VAR, it should only be used to verify a goal actually happened. Beyond that all Soccer will become is a video review fest like we see every weekend in the NFL.
                Added: I'm also of the impression these refs are scared to call a penalty - that was a clear penalty in the 1st half on the Swedish player with the defender in trail. That shouldn't be a VAR call, that should be plainly obvious to even the ballboy.
                Last edited by Fraquar; June 23rd, 2018, 03:23 PM.

Comment

A couple of times they had chances on the counter late in the game and their strikers were as fast as Dom Raolia.
                  Okay, that is simply uncalled for. Geez, and you call ME hyperbolic.

Comment

• The official bullshit explanation on the red card was that he didn’t use VAR or his linesman......., he basically waited until all players were back on their feet???? WHAT? Honestly, they are trying to fuck this game up completely. FOF!!! (Fk off FIFA)

Again, agreed Fraquar, a draw would’ve been perfect for Sweden and they didn’t need to score. But easier said than done against Germany. They looked like scoring with every move in the final ten minutes.

Crazy foul last minute, but World class finish from it. Don’t really care much for Germany, but jumped up, spilled beer, stood on a basket of Doritos ....... great stuff!

Comment

• My point in the second yellow is he shouldn't have needed to consult anyone, it was a clear yellow.

Comment

• Yes, he didn’t consult anyone.

Comment

My point in the second yellow is he shouldn't have needed to consult anyone, it was a clear yellow.
                          Only if he saw it clearly, which isn't a given by any ref in any sport - especially soccer as frequently as the ball changes direction and the play shifts.
                          The missed call in the 1st half, that was about as clear as you will ever see. The play was heading in one direction for like 4-5 seconds - every eye in the stadium was on the guy with the ball breaking in on goal with 2 defenders trailing.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

Okay, that is simply uncalled for. Geez, and you call ME hyperbolic.
                            What I am talking about is true, they may be speedsters at other times, but at the end their legs were gone

Comment

• All they needed to do was hold the ball up. For old school non-soccer fans, they just needed to implement the Dean Smith plan.

Comment

• The panellists have discussing VAR in depth over the course of the World Cup and the official explanation which came through after the game was the ref saw the incident, deemed it yellow, but waited until all players were up before dishing out the 2nd yellow and subsequent red. I audibly shouted “Fucking what?” at my tv.

Comment

Working...
                                X