No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They can race w/o the chrome horn so the drivers like it. Attendance has plummeted. viewership has dropped too.

I'd like to see them have to run on a 3/4 mile dirt track. They run road courses, why not dirt?
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• That Steven Hamman dude will be "Na-scarred" for life after that.

Apologies for that ^^^^, but what a fkn psycho. Noticed that a lot of the religious psychos seem to be based in Tennessee/ Alabama areas of America. Well, I am basing that on the majority of religious psycho stuff I have read. Any reason for that? Is it the TV/radio evangelists fault?

Was at Firhill at the weekend......, Partick Thistle 3 Hibs 1.

Fuck off soccer......., or whatever it is you are playing these days Hibs FC.
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Big weekend of fixtures in the EPL

Chelsea v Arsenal in the early game at Stamford Bridge, Chelsea has been great at home this year. They just beat Drogba and Gala on Tuesday in the Champions league there.

Liverpool goes to Cardiff, Cardiff is staring down a trip back to the Championship league as they are second to last in the table. But a couple wins would get them out of relegation. It is crazy how close the teams are at the bottom. So it will not be a layup for Liverpool.

Man City goes to Fulham - Fulham is last in the table. Man City has to watch that they aren't looking ahead to the Tuesday showdown at Old Trafford versus Man U.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          Big weekend of fixtures in the EPL

Chelsea v Arsenal in the early game at Stamford Bridge, Chelsea has been great at home this year. They just beat Drogba and Gala on Tuesday in the Champions league there.

Liverpool goes to Cardiff, Cardiff is staring down a trip back to the Championship league as they are second to last in the table. But a couple wins would get them out of relegation. It is crazy how close the teams are at the bottom. So it will not be a layup for Liverpool.

Man City goes to Fulham - Fulham is last in the table. Man City has to watch that they aren't looking ahead to the Tuesday showdown at Old Trafford versus Man U.

Did you see this? Was like a friendly match.

I predict Man City will hammer Fulham, 4 or 5 nil, maybe more.
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• I didn't catch it, sounds like I didn't miss much.

Comment

• In other news, USMNT stalwart Steve Cherundolo retired. He's going to stay to be a coach with Hanover. I believe Jurgen was holding out hope that he would get in form for one last run in Brazil. One of the best defensive players in USMNT history.

Comment

• It's understood that every manager needs to play their best players, but it didn't work for Mancini playing Drogba. The guy was legendary for Chelski and his display for the Turks just wasn't what I remember as Drogba. Obviously has way too much love & respect for the Londoners.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  In other news, USMNT stalwart Steve Cherundolo retired. He's going to stay to be a coach with Hanover. I believe Jurgen was holding out hope that he would get in form for one last run in Brazil. One of the best defensive players in USMNT history.

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2...set-to-retire/
                  Pushing it a bit at 35 for the World Cup I would've thought. I know Dino Zoff lifted the fkn thing @ 40, but defence, (for me, the toughest area on the pitch), at 35, against the worlds best strikers. Hmmm, maybe not.

USMNT? I'll stab a guess at United States Mens National Team?

Comment

• Yeah it was pushing it, but there is a dearth of guys on the backline with experience. They've had to play DaMarcus Beasley at right back, he hasn't played that position until this year. So he's done OK but gets exposed at times. They have some young players in the back but a little too green. I think that why he was hoping for it.

Yes, United States Mens National Team.
                    Last edited by froot loops; March 20, 2014, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRIgmKGDqFM"]Pepsi MAX & Jeff Gordon Present: "Test Drive 2" - YouTube[/ame]
                      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• That ^ was awesome

Comment

• I wonder how much longer Hendrick will keep Gordon on the team if he doesn't win. The new format will be difficult for him to get in
                          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• He's driving well, he'll get in.

Comment

• will he ever win again? I doubt it

Comment

• Gordon won last year

Comment

Working...
                                X