No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• The problem with relying on so many loan players is the continuity. That means they might have to spend a fair amount. The promoted teams that spend a lot after promotion from the championship have a bad record(Hello Fulham). The biggest question is if Grealish stays or if he's a Spur.

Villa is one of the old school traditional powers but the claim to fame for them since the establishment of the Premier League was they never got relegated.

Its going to be a crazy year next year with Aston Villa and Sheffield United up, Wolves look like the real deal, Newcastle may have a new owner with money. The mid table is going to be pretty strong and some of the top 6 sputtering.

Comment

• Actually, your odds of staying up that first year are actually pretty good. Over the last 10 years only 10 teams went straight back down - 5 in the last 3 years. The reality is there isn't a lot that separates the top 10 teams in the Championship from the bottom 10 teams in the Premiership - except the abillity to sign players because you are in the Premiership.

Comment

• It's probably true about the top 10 and bottom 10 quality, but you would have had a hard time making that case during the Derby/Leeds second leg, that was bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            It's probably true about the top 10 and bottom 10 quality, but you would have had a hard time making that case during the Derby/Leeds second leg, that was bad.
            That was an implosion, it wasn't indicative of what the team was capable of. Every one of those caliber of teams has a couple of those kind of games in them every year, Leeds just waited till it really mattered to take a double dose of exlax.

Comment

• Not too sure about Leeds waiting until it mattered. .......they started their coupon bursting shitness in February.
              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• How did Soccer ever get bundled up with NASCAR here?

Quite the random combo!

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                  Not too sure about Leeds waiting until it mattered. .......they started their coupon bursting shitness in February.
                  They threw away automatic promotion in the final 4 games of the season, garnering just 1 point in 12.
                  Two of those matches they had the advantage AND the lead.
                  Going into the finale they should have still been in the 2 hole, but pissed it away. The way they were giving up goals wasn't encouraging entering the playoffs as 4 of the 8 they gave up were at the absolute worst times you can (at the death of the 1st half, immediately out of locker room after intermission and at the death of the game). That is usually a sign of a team that has lost focus.
                  Cue the 2nd leg match, wham, Derby slotted one home at the death of the first half and straight out of the intermission - right on cue.
                  Last edited by Fraquar; May 30, 2019, 06:11 AM.

Comment

• Worded mine wrong......, yes they chucked it when it mattered...... BUT, they were chucking it right back to January when Forest humped them 4-2. Very inconsistent results this year. Norwich City and Sheffield United on the other hand were much more clinical. Especially Norwich. Their striker Teemur Pukki was an absolute revelation.
                    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• I'm required to believe that Liverpool has a shitting down their leg moment every year that loses them hardware, so it has to come Saturday.

2-1 Tottenham.

Comment

• The last Liverpool/Tottenham game was wild, I think 1-0 Liverpool.

Comment

• I'm not making any prediction, all I want to see is an early goal by somebody to force the game to open up.

Comment

• Come on, make a prediction FFS!

Comment

• I predict this.

soccer goal GIF

Comment

Working...
                                X