No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copa America Coming to United States in 2016 Is a Game-Changer for US Soccer

Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Congrats to Benfica on their advance to the Europa League final. That was a hard fought 0-0 draw in Italy. The Juventus manager is not going to get a sportsmanship award for his post game comments.

Comment

• Yes, very well done to Benfica. A defensive masterclass of a performance. They deserve their place in the final against Seville. There were many pissed off Valencia fans last night! ....., what a late winner that was.

I don't know about American based soccer fans, but the older than young generation over here have difficulty calling the tournament, "The Europa League". I remember a job site I was on a few years back and a bunch of us were all in the portacabin having lunch when this apprentice lad said "Great win for Celtic in the Europa League last night." A absolute hoot of a painter and decorator called Charlie said; "Fking what?" The apprentice repeated what he said, and Charlie said, "It's the fking Uefa Cup, pal. OK!" The apprentice said, "Err, no its not. It's the Europa League!" Charlie, "Look, just because wee weasel face Platini decided one day to change the fking name, duznae mean we have to change it ok, you just sound like a total bawbag calling it that. It's the UEFA CUP!"
        We were all falling about the place laughing our asses off. Charlie the painter.... A JFW, but a very funny guy.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
          Copa America Coming to United States in 2016 Is a Game-Changer for US Soccer

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...rial&hpt=hp_t2
          Meh

To grow the game in the U.S. they need 2 things:

.....a) To develop World Class level talent to the extent you'd expect a nation of 300+ million to do
          and
          .....b) A League that will keep a lot of that talent at home and put it on display for all to see every week.

This is just another money-grab tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
            Yes, very well done to Benfica. A defensive masterclass of a performance. They deserve their place in the final against Seville. There were many pissed off Valencia fans last night! ....., what a late winner that was.

I don't know about American based soccer fans, but the older than young generation over here have difficulty calling the tournament, "The Europa League". I remember a job site I was on a few years back and a bunch of us were all in the portacabin having lunch when this apprentice lad said "Great win for Celtic in the Europa League last night." A absolute hoot of a painter and decorator called Charlie said; "Fking what?" The apprentice repeated what he said, and Charlie said, "It's the fking Uefa Cup, pal. OK!" The apprentice said, "Err, no its not. It's the Europa League!" Charlie, "Look, just because wee weasel face Platini decided one day to change the fking name, duznae mean we have to change it ok, you just sound like a total bawbag calling it that. It's the UEFA CUP!"
            We were all falling about the place laughing our asses off. Charlie the painter.... A JFW, but a very funny guy.
            It's the "other" tournament. The one that hosts the teams that weren't good enough to contend for their own countries championship the year earlier.

It's for the Everton's of the world, and even they have a tough time qualifying for it.

Comment

• If you don't understand Soccer, watch the Crystal Palace v Liverpool penultimate game of the season. It was like watching John Force slamming his funny car in reverse and dropping his engine a couple hundred yards from the finish. Couldn't even limp across the line.

Unbelievable.

Gotta hand it to the Palace fanbase, they were totally friggin awesome.

Comment

• And this is why Liverpool fans were keeping their mouths shut.

To them, it wasn't a matter of IF the wheels would fall off... but WHEN.

Comment

• The looks of the 'Pool fanbase was like the look of LSU fans back in the day when they threw 5 4th quarter interceptions (3 of them pick 6's) when leading Auburn by 2 TD's.

WTF just happened?

Comment

• Adorable Puppies Invade Soccer Pitch; Dickhead Player Intervenes
                    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• How did those dickhead owners of those 3 puppies even get them into a stadium in the first place? Who in their right mind brings a dog to a football match? Dog sees 130 yards of green grass and a ball? Good luck holding him back.

Comment

• National Guard has spent 80 Million + on NASCAR sponsorship for recruiting yet they don't know if they have a single recruit from the advertising.
                        Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

• Good to see Osijek continuing their survival run, Essek. Excellent 3-1 win. Showing real fight and spirit. Really admire that, especially when Osijek couldn't buy a win a few months ago.

Unlike the Hibs. Fucking useless cnts. Today's performance was fking embarrassing. Don't think any one of those players know exactly what it means to the fans that Hibernian need to survive this league. Spineless, gutless, overpaid charlatans. Didn't help that the referee was Jambo bastard Craig Thomson who was in charge and the Hibs were denied a stonewall penalty in the 30th minute, but not making any excuses at all. Absolute fking pish. Hibs now play the winner of Hamilton v Falkirk for the right to remain in the SPL. The atmosphere today was charged with discontent, and things could get quite hostile May 25th @ Easter Road Stadium.
                          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Well Septem, if you are there, unlucky to Benfica last night in the UEFA Cup Final. But only unlucky over the actual playing time of the game. Definitely NOT unlucky during the penalty shoutout. Benficas penalty taking has Got to be the worst I've ever seen. Two left peggers totally fluffing it with their hesitation Shyte. Clinical by Sevilla though and well done to them. Good luck in the Portugese Cup Final this weekend.

Comment

• Knew Benfica had lost a few finals, but didn't know about this.

As Benfica failed to win in a major European final for a record eighth time on Wednesday night, fans of the Portuguese champions will once again be looking to the sky and blaming the Bela Guttman curse.

Comment

• I'd think a guy who won back to back European Cup titles deserved to be paid - cheap bastards, they got what they wanted.

Comment

Working...
                                X