No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, Essek. It'll be a monumental screw up if they throw this 2-0 lead away on Sunday. Fingers crossed they get the job done. I won't be at Easter Road on Sunday as my oldest son is up from London and taking part in an Edinburgh half marathon for charity. I'll be at that finish line down in Musselburgh this coming Sunday. MON THE MARKY BOY JUNIOR!

Must say, over the course of this season, checking the Osijek results every week and reading match reports, I've become a bit of a fan of the club. Next thing I know, I'll be getting myself an Osijek football shirt. Ha!
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Nice win Marko, saw Cummings goal this morning, very nice, I've a feeling I saw him score a cracker earlier this year too.

Better than Oxford, usual great start to crap finish. Manager leaves after the fuck him about his new contract (Chris Wilder) while in a play off spot, he goes to Northampton who were rock bottom, Oxford go on a losing run, Northampton go on a winning spree and stay up, Oxford drop out of play off spot.
      AAL Quintez Cephus
      If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
        Thanks, Essek. It'll be a monumental screw up if they throw this 2-0 lead away on Sunday. Fingers crossed they get the job done. I won't be at Easter Road on Sunday as my oldest son is up from London and taking part in an Edinburgh half marathon for charity. I'll be at that finish line down in Musselburgh this coming Sunday. MON THE MARKY BOY JUNIOR!

Must say, over the course of this season, checking the Osijek results every week and reading match reports, I've become a bit of a fan of the club. Next thing I know, I'll be getting myself an Osijek football shirt. Ha!
        when season starts and some new products arrive, i'll send you something for sure
        http://www.scribd.com/doc/7781751/Osijek-In-Your-Pocket

Comment

• Klinsmann Leaving Landon Donovan off US World Cup Team Is a Horrible Decision

By Dan Levy , National Lead Writer

Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• it happens every year in every team, one big name has to be droped, he is a great player and icon of american soccer but probably too old do be useful player at this point

Comment

• Tony, any particular reason why that is bold? Donovan is old news, they need younger guys with energy. Lets face it, they are up against it with or without Donovan coming off the bench - they need guys that can come in an change the pace of the game. Sadly, those days are behind Donovan.

Served the USMNT well, but it's time to move on. It's just a shame there was little play alongside Donovan in his prime.

Comment

• yes, it was the formatted text i copied. capeesh?
                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Fans rip U.S. World Cup roster cut

Comment

• The Donovan talk is going to get to a sickening state - both by the media and by the media when they decide to bring him in the booth come tournament time.

Really need Donovan to tell the media to shut the fuck up - it's a non-story.

Comment

• Fuck the USMNT. Fuck Scotland, fuck Hibernian FC and fuck soccer. Close this stupid fucking shitty thread.
                      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• i just saw it on facebook, i'm very sorry marko must be shitty feeling

Comment

• This isn't reference to Hibs match, but football in general:

I actually wonder how many goals that are given up in stoppage time wouldn't be if teams didn't time waste in regulation - i.e. the slow-poke substitutions, feinting injuries to stop play, etc. All that "time wasting" is just added to the end anyway.

Now they have to defend like banshees in the 94th/95th+ minute trying to protect a lead with tired legs - seems counter-productive.

Comment

• Its always been in football. Have a look at the last 7 or 8 minutes of Celtics 1967 European Cup Final. Soul destroying. (Before pass back rule) But very true regarding this, agree 100%, faking injury and also taking the ball to the corner in the 86th minute etc etc. Its fkn pish. I'm taking a soccer sabbatical for the summer, ie, the World Cup can go take a flying fk at itself, (apart from the England games! ) and then regroup for the Championship league in August.

Comment

• really? no WC for you? i think i'm gonna watch every game this year, even got my pannini album it's shame cuz i'm 24 but hey, it's fun :D

Comment

• You are only 24 Essek? My God, last time Scotland were at a World cup, you were only 8! Excellent that you have the Panini sticker album. You ever finish one of those? I always collected until Scotland was completed then put it away.

I think this year in particular is going to be terrible for the cheating, diving shyte. South Africa was arguably, (but definitely, in my opinion) the worst World Cup ever. Riddled with diving and dodgy decisions. So, in the warmer climate of Brazil, I think its going to be fairly poor. I may watch Argentina a few times as I have a bet on that they'll win the tournament.

But Italia 90......, best World Cup EVER....., the year you were born, mate!

Comment

Working...
                                X