No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys (Fraq, FL) ......, any views on Alan Pardew head butting Meyler? Come on, guys, it was the soccer thread Euro style, not the David Moyes and Man Utd thread. Let's hear it.

What about Brechin getting humped at home by the Arbroath Smokies? Shocking eh?
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Missed the footy this weekend. Watched the video, Pardew needs to work on that headbutt because Meyler deserved to be busted open there.

You shove the opponents gaffer in his box you should expect to be taking something with you back to the pitch.

Comment

BTW, I just watched the replay of the United/Hibs match. Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
          Missed the footy this weekend. Watched the video, Pardew needs to work on that headbutt because Meyler deserved to be busted open there.

You shove the opponents gaffer in his box you should expect to be taking something with you back to the pitch.
          I have been getting shit over here for having the exact same opinion as you have here. ^^^ Bloody too right, mate. Pardew should've floored the tit....., but, maybe waited until later. Meyler is a very annoying individual on the field of play.

And err........, yes....., Please don't mention any more about United/Hibs from last Friday. I am being forced to agree with my fellow Hibs buddies that the Hibs are a "work in progress" and give the Butcher time. But Friday night was indeed highly painful to watch. Utter shyte.
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

I hadn't seen that headbutt until now. What a moron.

Comment

After Arsenal dropped a game to Stoke, I am starting to believe that Liverpool might take the title.

Comment

Oh, I'd like a wager on that please. If you are up for a bet, let me know...... I'll basically bet against Liverpool winning the title, because I believe Man City & Chelsea will take the 1 & 2 spots this year. First ever "cross the pond" bet. Hundred bucks, let's go for it.

Comment

And Stoke City are probably the dirtiest club in English football. I was disgusted with Scotsman, Charlie Adam in that game against the Gunners. Dirty bstd standing on the players calf like that. And there were several other incidents. I really did feel sorry for Wenger in his post match interview. The dirty side of the game is very strangely going unnoticed and yet what they deem as fouls are ridiculous, bordering becoming a non contact sport. The famous sliding tackle in soccer is becoming a thing of the past, it's very sad. I blame the Latin race of people for fucking up the sport. Started mid 80's, Maradona & Co with their diving theatrics has spread like a cancer all over the world. The only league worth watching these days is the German Bundesliga.

Sorry. Started about shitty stoke city......, turned into a rant.

Comment

No bets from me, I still think it is outside shot for Liverpool, but the odds grew over the last couple weeks.

Comment

They are indeed playing very well, but injuries to two or three key players and they'd be screwed....., unlike City & Chelski, even the Gunners.

Comment

Lets just say Liverpool will never get a better chance to sneak in and take the title than they have this year. No Europe distractions, they are knocked out of both Cups - the League is all they have to play for. Their players won't need rest save for the 3 games in 8 days at the end of March.

They basically need to run the table, but they have both City and Chelski at Anfield.

Comment

yep

Comment

Teams like City & a lesser extent, Chelski have mountains of strength in depth. Their weaker options can handle the EPL with ease....., on that basis alone I personally feel Liverpool have about as much chance of winning the title as Hibs have of winning the SPL...... And that ain't happening anytime soon.

But Brendan Rodgers is a decent manager and he will always keep them "there or thereabouts" as the saying goes.

Comment

All I'm saying is Liverpool accounted for themselves nicely in both away fixtures at Christmas time - in a 3 day stretch. They will be rested, they will be at home, and they will have something to play for. They aren't going to be swept aside like Fulham.

Comment

I'm not rubbishing what you are saying, buddy. All I am saying, in response to the comment that Liverpool can concentrate on the league and maybe win the title, is that I think they are years away from a title. At the moment there is no title winning quality as back up should anything happen to Suarez, Sturridge or Skrtel in defence....., and even with those players going to the end of the season untouched, they ain't strong enough for City or Chelski in the long run. Sadly, in todays game, they need an oil tycoon to take over.

Comment

Working...
                                X