No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never too late if you are good enough. Never forget Sir Les Ferdinand MBE (his book, "Sir Les" great read) ....., painting & decorating at 18 years old, then discovered. Great striker.

VETERANsoccer star Les Ferdinand turned out for the Palace today - Buckingham Palace.
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• This isn't soccer or NASCAR, but it seemed like the most appropriate thread. A friend posted this on FB today. It honestly feels like the video must be sped up the guy is going so fast. It's from an article entitled:

Watch Michael Dunlop on the Fastest TT Lap Ever
      Dunlop makes Isle of Man TT history with 16:58 lap

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nlzxR6lN7Q"]INSANE Speeds! Michael Dunlop Superbike FASTEST ever TT Lap RECORD! - YouTube[/ame]
      2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Imagine one of his tyres burst? Headline: Dunlop bursts, Dunlop deid! Well, that would be The Scottish Sun anyway.

The youtube headline is correct; INSANE!
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• I need to get my motorcycle running.
          Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• [ame]http://youtu.be/exhQOix8V4M[/ame]

Comment

• wow, it's been sitting about 17 years
              Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Any you guys watch other games in the Copa, or only look out for the USA? (Or is it only Froot who even does that?! )

45 second half minutes of Lionel Messi and Panama are destroyed. Anyone who just can't stand soccer......, just watch Messi instead. That's what it's all about.

Comment

• Messi scores on shots that feel like they shouldn't be physically possible. That goal to go up 3-0 looked like it had radar guidance into the top corner.

Comment

• Agreed, 100%

And then there is the other Messi...

[ame]http://youtu.be/PRXbYf5qZRg[/ame]

Comment

• Yeah, I wouldn't recommend watching the Copa if you are a novice soccer fan. It has been a little rough. I don't understand why they are playing in the huge football stadiums and not the MLS stadiums. 15K in a 80K stadium is a bad look.

Comment

• Looked more than 15K at Soldierfield. Maybe 35-40K?

But I know what you mean. 40K in an 80K also isn't a very good look, or sound.

Comment

• Trying to sell the "soccer boom" and it backfired.

Americans still don't care enough. Period.

Comment

• I understand that though. Honestly I do.

Who's the best player/team at the moment in baseball?

Get him over to Glasgows Hampden Park with his team and you'll struggle to get 5K there.

Comment

• I'm not sure it is a problem with trying to sell a soccer boom, if you put them in a decent MLS stadium and don't try to gouge the ticket buyers you'll get a good crowd. Nobody is going to watch a dreadful Paraguay/Costa Rica game in the 90 degree weather in Orlando with no shade and the cheapest ticket being 50 dollars.

These games have been dreadful, worse than Gold Cup games, at least in the Gold Cup the teams try to win.

Comment

• Football today......, or, American accent......., SAWWWWKRRRR!

2pm, England v Wales
                                5pm, Ukraine v Northern Ireland
                                8pm, Germany v Poland.....

Arse being firmly parked on the couch at 1pm for the big day......., I could realistically be pished by 6pm today.

Comment

Working...
                                X